Ben Nye LiquiSet

Ben Nye LiquiSet

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (water), Acrylates, Propylene Glycol, Copolymer,PEG-12, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA.

on 3/26/2003 6:48:00 AM

This is THE BEST eyeliner sealant. I've tried PD's Transformer, WTF?'s eye liner sealant and the BeneFit SheLaq and this is BY FAR the best sealant. I have oily lids and this is the only thing that I have come across that will help set my eyeliner. I use it with my eye shadows to use as a liner. I haven't tried using it over a pencil liner, but I'm sure it will work just as well. The big plus is that this stuff is really cheap! It was only $4.95 for a 2 oz bottle and this will last me forever!

on 3/26/2003 9:39:00 AM

The other post was spot on - this stuff is miraculous. If you mix it with a powder eyeshadow, it applies like a liquid shadow that absolutely will not budge - therefore it's great for cake eyeliner or using shadow as a liner (which is why I bought it). It also doesn't mess up your powder shadows like other sealants. Ben Nye & other theatrical brands are definitely great value for the money.

This is an amazing product. When I line w/ this product the shadow doesn't budge at all. It's practically indelible. This stuff works much better than visine, water, or contact solution. It's super cheap too. I got a 1 oz. bottle for less than $5. I'll buy this again and again. Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Another example of how Ben Nye outperforms and offers better value than some of the other stuff out there for 3, 4, 5x the price! Liquiset (I paid $3.50 for 1 oz., the most "expensive" in terms of price per ounce) is a liquid mixing agent & sealant which turns powders into paints (MAC Mixing Medium, anyone?). This works well with MAC Pigments and like loose powder shadows, pressed powders (eyeshadows & cake liners), and Ben Nye's Lumiere pressed and loose powders. One caveat: If you are mixing colours (2 Pigments, for example) mix the colours, *then* add Liqiset, as they won't blend on the skin.
At a recent MAC Pro event, I was told that the Mixing Medium would *only* be available from the Pro stores, and at $8.53/oz., I can hold off for awhile. Ben Nye products are available at theatrical supply stores, Makeupmania.com, and wyb.com.

I'm a general fan of Ben Nye, so I saw this and had to try it out for a shoot I was doing. It works well, not perfect, but at this price who cares (just avoid sweating temps). You mix it with a powder in a separate empty pot though and NOT soak your brush then apply it to the potted shadow, as it ruins the shadow.
I recommend it.

on 4/21/2004 1:07:00 PM

I use this with LORAC cream eyeliners and get a perfect, precise line that does not smudge or move until I take it off. It's unbelievably inexpensive and at the rate I use it, the smallest bottle will literally last my lifetime.

on 7/22/2004 3:02:00 PM

Wow! Performed better than I imagined it would. I am forever cursing pencil, cake and gel eyeliners that transfer to my upper lid or just plain vanish from my face. I bought the 1 oz bottle that come with the brush on the lid (the female MA tried to upsell me the 2 oz but 1 is going to last me a looooong time), I used it over a cheap bonne bell eyeliner that usually lasts half a day - and voila! It lasted all day! I love this stuff and who can beat the price?! I bought it at Hiscott's in Toronto. The gentleman MA also forewarned me not to mix it directly into my shadow or cake eyeliner pot (something I also read here), which was nice of him! Will definitely buy again.

on 9/6/2004 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Best liner/shadow fixative I've used so far. Lightweight and stays on until you wash it off, the 4 oz bottle I bought should last forever (poured some into a refillable dropper bottle).

This is the most awesome sealant! I spray this over a makeup and it does not budge or dry out the skin--even through perspiration! You can use this with eyeshadow to make a liquid liner that doesn't smear, and can be sprayed or sponged over lipstick to seal the color. This is an amazing product and it's so inexpensive!

WOW OH WOW! i've been researching sealants, looking for the perfect one to wetline my powdered minerals with. this stuff is my HG sealant. it is cheap, it is water resistant. it is not heavy or sticky at all. the only thing i will say bad about it is that it's hard to find. one tip...check your local costume shops.