Ben Nye LiquiSet

Ben Nye LiquiSet

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (water), Acrylates, Propylene Glycol, Copolymer,PEG-12, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love Liquiset. The bottle lasts forever. I use it when using eyeshadows to line.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Granted, I've only used this product one time but I really like it. I bought it to use with my Bye Nye Cake Liner I had been using with another mixing medium.

I decided to use LiquiSet as a eyeshadow primer by dabbing a small drop from the brush onto my finger and applying it all over my lid. I allowed it to dry a bit before adding the pressed shadow because I figured that once the shadow and liquid dried together, it would be hard to blend.I applied the shadows from the brow down and did not need to do any touch up. Very pleased with the results.

I had done a swatch test against UDPP and Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Ben Nye LiquiSet was the last to rub off when I used pressure and a wash cloth.

on 6/30/2006 12:08:00 AM

I've repurchased this several times already, not because it doesn't last long, but because the packaging is rather awful and I've spilled it countless times. However, the product is wonderful, far better than Aromaleigh's Indelible Sealant, which is more expensive. I also use it on my eyebrows after applying brow powder, and it's wonderful. Definitely one of the most effective, cheapest products in my arsenal.

on 9/21/2005 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this primarily for "making" eyeliners out of shadows or pigments, but also for when I want my shadow to be extra-long wearing. It's only around $4 for a small bottle and can be found at costume shops or online. Fantastic product.

WOW OH WOW! i've been researching sealants, looking for the perfect one to wetline my powdered minerals with. this stuff is my HG sealant. it is cheap, it is water resistant. it is not heavy or sticky at all. the only thing i will say bad about it is that it's hard to find. one tip...check your local costume shops.

This is the most awesome sealant! I spray this over a makeup and it does not budge or dry out the skin--even through perspiration! You can use this with eyeshadow to make a liquid liner that doesn't smear, and can be sprayed or sponged over lipstick to seal the color. This is an amazing product and it's so inexpensive!

on 9/6/2004 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Best liner/shadow fixative I've used so far. Lightweight and stays on until you wash it off, the 4 oz bottle I bought should last forever (poured some into a refillable dropper bottle).

on 7/22/2004 3:02:00 PM

Wow! Performed better than I imagined it would. I am forever cursing pencil, cake and gel eyeliners that transfer to my upper lid or just plain vanish from my face. I bought the 1 oz bottle that come with the brush on the lid (the female MA tried to upsell me the 2 oz but 1 is going to last me a looooong time), I used it over a cheap bonne bell eyeliner that usually lasts half a day - and voila! It lasted all day! I love this stuff and who can beat the price?! I bought it at Hiscott's in Toronto. The gentleman MA also forewarned me not to mix it directly into my shadow or cake eyeliner pot (something I also read here), which was nice of him! Will definitely buy again.

on 4/21/2004 1:07:00 PM

I use this with LORAC cream eyeliners and get a perfect, precise line that does not smudge or move until I take it off. It's unbelievably inexpensive and at the rate I use it, the smallest bottle will literally last my lifetime.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Another example of how Ben Nye outperforms and offers better value than some of the other stuff out there for 3, 4, 5x the price! Liquiset (I paid $3.50 for 1 oz., the most "expensive" in terms of price per ounce) is a liquid mixing agent & sealant which turns powders into paints (MAC Mixing Medium, anyone?). This works well with MAC Pigments and like loose powder shadows, pressed powders (eyeshadows & cake liners), and Ben Nye's Lumiere pressed and loose powders. One caveat: If you are mixing colours (2 Pigments, for example) mix the colours, *then* add Liqiset, as they won't blend on the skin.
At a recent MAC Pro event, I was told that the Mixing Medium would *only* be available from the Pro stores, and at $8.53/oz., I can hold off for awhile. Ben Nye products are available at theatrical supply stores, Makeupmania.com, and wyb.com.