Joico K-Pak Protect & Shine Serum

Joico K-Pak Protect & Shine Serum

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Macadmia Ternifolia Seed Oil , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin , Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol , Thioctic Acid , Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract , Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate , Tocopheryl Acetate , Oenothera Biennis Oil (Evening Primrose) , Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil , Glycolipids , Allantoin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane , Hyaluronic Acid , Glycerin , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxycitronellal , Limonene , Benzyl Salicylate , Citronellol , Fragrance

on 3/15/2014 3:10:00 PM

i really love it, it makes my hair look so shiny and so soft ♡♡♡ i use only 2 pumps for my long hair...a little goes a long way coz i started using it a month ago and still, the bottle is full

I got this for free, but I do agree that the price for this is a little more on the high end. However, because you only need a pea size each time, this little bottle will last for years and so the price kind of justifies for the longitivtiy and the quality that it delivers.

I use this 2 ways - apply it on damp hair before blowdrying, or on when my hair is dry, on the ends before straightening or curling.

I find that it does protect my hair from heat while providing shine and softness to the hair. It doesn't make my hair greasy at all but it definitely makes it look a lot healthier.
I have long hair, past my chest and I have a lot of it and so whenever I use it, I use 2 pumps (each pump gives just a little over a pea size amount), each pump for each side of my hair. Because my hair itself is oily, I only apply this product on the middle to ends of my hair so it doesn't weigh my hair down/make it greasy.
It definitely helps with taming fly aways/smoothing hair cuticules out.

I will definitely repurchase this, but I hope that I can find this at my local Winners so that it's cheaper!

-EDIT-
I found this at my local Winners for $12.99!! THERE IS STILL HOPE!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm constantly in search of the perfect serum for my hair and I think this comes close to what I want. It gives loads of shine and contains keratin to smooth the cuticle. My hair looks healthy and doesn't feel greasy. I also don't need to use a lot. All I need is a pea size amount for my medium length hair. I have yet to use this when I flat-iron so I will have to update. It also a bit pricey, but I think for what it does it is worth it. If your hair can tolerate protein and cones, this is a good serum to try, especially if you have hair prone to frizz.

I have fine long, fine, blonde hair that tends to be dry. To add shine and prevent flyaways, I put about one to two drops in my wet hair before blow drying (ends only).
One bottle lasted me for about 4 years.
Contains silicone, which dissolves in warm water as you wash your hair next time.

on 2/10/2010 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love any hair serums!! My hair is so dry its nice to put oil in it haha. This makes my hair less knotty and shinier. more managable :) go joico!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried so many hair serums since my hair is very dry, thick, coarse, and colored treated.I found this at the salon I go to and fell in love with it. I made the mistake of buying a "cheaper" brand at Wal-mar before this and was very disappointed. It left my hair greasy, lifeless and weighed down. This stuff is amazing. Even after putting new highlights in my hair, my hair is so soft and so manageable now. I am so loving this product. I will buy this from now on even though it is a bit pricey (I paid $18 for a small bottle that is about 4 inches tall) it will last forever. I only use 4 pumps a day, and they are small pumps. I put 2 pumps on my damp hair, then blowdry....then I put another 2 pumps on before I use my straightener. I love this product. I found my new HG hair serum!!! :)

I purchased Joico K-Pac serum quite a few years ago. I had the same experience as FeeFee 34. At first this product made my hair really soft when I blow-dried it straight, but after a while, my hair also felt coated and oily. Although this serum is alcohol-free, I found that, overtime, it was way too oily and a tad sticky, even when i used small amounts. the scent was somewhat cloying. In all, this serum did work better for my hair than John frieda Frizz ease serum, but still didn't "wow" me, until I discovered my HG serum (Zero Frizz).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I normally use Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum it is my HG so for the purpose of this review I will compare the 2. I asked a friend of mine who is a stylist and can get everything for dirt cheap from the beauty supply stores to pick me some up, but this particular supply store didn't carry the Paul Mitchell line so instead she brought me some Joico K-Pak Protect & Shine Serum. At first I was skeptical because it didn't seem to have a smell to it like the yummy fruity smell my usual Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum has but that turned out to be a bonus because it didn't interfere with my perfume like the PM does. I read all these reviews about the smell of this, but seriously mine has no scent to it at all. When I smell the bottle it kind of smells like plastic and pina colada, but the serum itself doesn't smell to me. I like the K-Pak because you don't have to worry about putting too much in your hair because it's not greasy at all. It made my hair so shiny and unlike the PM it didn't make my hair feel sticky or leave a residue on my hands after I rub it through my hair. I feel like the PM makes my hair feel more moisturized and softer whereas the K-Pak doesn't seem to make my hair any less dry and definately not softer. If I'm going to flat iron my hair and wear it down I'd rather have the K-Pak in because it won't feel like it's greasing all over my face. I find by the end of the day if I have PM in, my hair is kind of greasy around the bangs area, Not so with the K-Pak. Both get rid of the frizz and make my hair shiny and healthy looking.

This was recommended to me by a stylist 5 years ago when I bleached my hair and fried it horribly. It was supposed to smooth the ends and make them not as frizzy. It didn't work for that (but nothing else did either) so I just hid it away in my crap drawer. I dug it out a month ago and thought I'd give it another shot since my hair is no longer chemically treated. I am in LOVE with it. I don't know how I lived without it. No frizz and minimal fly aways and my hair is baby butt soft.

on 12/24/2009 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! I have tried all kinds of protecting serums chi, chi spray, aveda, and others I cant even remember. But this is far the best it has kept my long hair healthy and shiny. It is expensive but well worth it.

Popular Styling Products