Maybelline Expert Eyes Head-to-Taupe

4.7

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This used to be my all time favorite eyeshadow. It was the perfect neutral. Not too dark, not too pale. Looks beautiful with all eye colors. My eyes are brown, my mom's are blue, and my sister's are green. We all wear it and it looks great. Unfortunately, when they changed their packaging (new case shape), they also changed the texture of the shadow. It's milled finer or or doesn't have as much mica as it used to, so it doesn't quite have the shimmer it used to have. It looks more dusty or powdery than shimmery. I used to love how it would look like glimmering silk on my skin, now I can barely tell I have anything on. I used to constantly get asked what shadow I wore. Now I never do. Ah well, nothing lasts forever. It was good while it lasted. I still have a few crumbs left of the old color, but they're for special occasions.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love all taupe-like shades... so I give this an A+

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have despised every maybelline eyeshadow i have tried b/ of their low pigment and crappy texture. yet i still had to pick this up at walgreens b/ it was on clearance for about 80 cents and looked like a pretty color. i am so glad i did b/ this is a fantastic eyeshadow (very exceptional for maybelline). it's a shimmery medium taupe that's gorgeous on my asian eyes. in the pan it looks like a slightly grayer version of stila's grace e/s. however, it goes on much MORE pigmented and has a better texture than grace (grace is one of worst stila e/s in terms of texture). it is just such a beautiful easy-to-wear taupe that's perfect for a quick pretty eye look. a sponge applicator is included, and although it is pretty crappy, it serves its function of depositing the eyeshadow nicely and quickly. overall this is a fantastic buy for 80 cents! if i had to repurchase (which i doubt since the eyeshadow is huge), i would be willing to pay much more.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow, i have to agree with Maekae on everything she said; typically, i haven't had the best of luck with shadows from drugstore brands but a couple of years ago, i purchased a shadow duo from Maybelline called Velvet Crush. Since then, i've gotten into MAC, Stila, origins, and many other higher end ($$$) shadows...what I've found is that i never quite duplicated the lovely color that is on the left side of the shadow duo (velvet crush)...so today, i went shopping and found that all the shadows by maybelline seem to be discontinued?? There were hardly any to speak of...then at a Kroger store, i found one solid shadow (not a duo) of "Head to Taupe" - I am 100% positive that this is the exact color in the Velvet Crush duo - and what's more, it is AWESOME! I'm actually a dark skinned (hispanic) person, and it still shows up on me and looks like a sophisticated, high-end, contouring shadow on my lid. But for $2.75?? Amazing - go out and buy this now before they discontinue the shadows! I'm not sure if that is happening, but just in case...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Well, back in the day, I was easily seduced by any eyeshadow with a pretty color. I've tried them all, every brand in the drugstore and back then, I concluded that Maybelline's was the WORST of the bunch! Oh sure, they had a nice array of colors but the shadow itself was SO dry and ridiculously, finely milled that no matter how hard you tried to pile the product onto the sponge applicator, no matter how many layers you tried to put on the stuff just WOULD NOT GET ON YOUR EYELID! So, I steered clear for YEARS and warned all my friends to do the same. Flash foward to present day. I like Revlon's Wet/Dry eyeshadow alot, velvety texture, great application and wear but they just didn't have the exact netural brown I was looking for. The closest was "Thundering" but that has a bit too much gray in it to be the right sort of brown. Then, one day, browsing around Rite Aid, I spot "Head-to-Taupe" and think, "That's it! That's the brown I've never been able to find! Ooh, but it's Maybelline. Dammit. Still, it's been a while, MAYBE they've reformulated..." so, I, and please don't think badly of me---I NEVER, EVER do this...I discreetly cracked the package open and tested the color on a finger to be sure I liked it---I did, and bought it that day. And well, the verdict is---I believe they have reformulated---it actually does stick to my eyelids now, and it's the perfect deep-yet-light-neutral everyday brown! It has a cool, silvery hint of shimmer to it that I love and it looks great smudged into my black eyeliner for the perfect, subtle, neutral, every day smokey eye! Good job Maybelline! Ladies, this is a great color.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this b/c I was tired of using a matte brown e/s. So, I picked this one up and tried it. First off, I'm a LLL/FFF and on my eyes, it's really a nice shimmery (not glittery) taupe, and to me, it looks a little silvery. It's not dark or scarey, just nice and shimmery. Lovely color and the price is just right. I would definitely buy this one again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great creae shade. It's a shade darker than Silken Taupe (which I love). I'll repurchase this one.