Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum
Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

To be honest, I am undecided about this product. I like the inclusion of Niacinimide (Vitamin B3) good for skin healing and to promote moisture retention and barrier function, a little swack of Green Tea (not very much present in the formula it seems, but antioxidants nonetheless) and hylauronic acid (water retention) and some olive oil (deeper moisture)

Initially I LOVED the texture and weight of this product, even finding it enough moisture and comfortable-feeling enough to wear on its own without another moisturizer or primer or foundation over the top. I wore this in day and at nighttime.

Then, odd things began to happen. Overtime my skin became less liking of the feel and it started to make it feel a bit cloggy- odd as my skin is dehydrated and it started going red upon application. I wonder if this could be if not an allergic, at least an irritated reaction to the amount of silcones in the product. Literally the second or third or thereabouts ingredients on the list. I think outweighing most of the ingredients that I outlined above that drew me to and to initially liking this product, but I think it is just making my skin feel clogged and stuffed, though no real breakouts have surfaced. I am almost afraid to continue using it as it might spell trouble as I go on, but I don't want to waste it. But because of its hard-to-pin-down effects on my skin and in a trusted routine where nothing else changed but this, or could have reacted negatively with this product, I am hesitant to recommend and would not repurchase. For reference, I have been talking about and have only ever tried the fragrance-free version

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you want to buy an over priced primer, buy this! The only good thing about this product is that it is fragrance free. I am so disappointed in this because it sits on the skin and does not absorb. And at first this product fools you because you think your skin feels really smooth, but it's basically a joke. When I wake up in the morning, my face feels oily and slick and it's because the product that never absorbed overnight. I have used this both morning and night and I have a greasy looking face a few hours after applying foundation. My skin type is dry and hasn't been oily in 15 years! I don't ever write negative reviews either, so this says a lot. I threw this in the trash this morning. I have read this has been reformulated and there are a lot of disappointed women because the original version was great.

Great moisturizer. I bought mine from Costco for 30 dollars. Affordable and effective. You only need a tiny tiny scosh on your hand to put on your face and it works very well.

Oil of Olay Regenerist is a very harsh product. After my 3rd application my eyes where swollen with a lost hive looking marks. Disappointed and will never buy this product again and will warn people about it.

on 10/31/2015 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Stupid Olay reformulating a decent product when it was perfectly fine. Didn't you learn from your fiasco with your Olay Complete Sensitive Skin when you reformulated that, we rebelled and you had to go back to the good stuff?

on 9/27/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This came highly recommended - wanted to love it. Very nice feel, great that it's fragrance- free, but it broke me out like crazy....stopped using it then went back to it (3 times) each time it did the same thing. I don't know, maybe it's too rich for me but i"ll have to find something else.

on 6/5/2015 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted a daytime serum that would give my skin some awesome ingredients. I got this and I really like the silky, almost primer-like, texture. I felt like I was doing my skin some good by using this, however, I never really saw any kind of change. It seemed a little bleh to me.

on 4/24/2015 10:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i love the silkiness, noticed a change in my skin

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I couldn't last the whole bottle but made it to half and called it quits. I don't even have aging skin but I do have post acne marks and some permanent surface redness. The purpose of buying this was due to the ingredient Niacinamide which is known to help brighten the skin and help with scarring. It is also in the top list of indredients (fourth) which is impressive. Niacinamide is also in a very popular skincare cream on MUA called Pond's Clarant B3. Many people on this site raved about the results from this particular cream. Niacinamide is also the fourth ingredient on the list. To fully compare:

Olay Ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Panthenol, Polyethylene, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Dimethiconol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, PEG-100 Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

Pond's Ingredients:
Water, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Triethanolamine, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate

The only reason why I decided on getting the Olay serum instead was based on Paula's Choice reviews. She rated the Pond's average and rec'd Olay for best results. From my experience, this did absolutely nothing. It didn't help with scarring, redness or brighten my skin. It didn't break me out or cause clogged pores either. After using this day and night for four weeks, it showed no results. I feel that this is just a slippery felling silicone makeup primer. Bottom line, not impressed and will try the Pond's Clarant B3 next.

on 10/25/2014 6:00:00 PM

I bought the fragrance free version, which I recommend everyone do. This feels super light and silky. It contains gentle antioxidants, like green tea, so keep it away from light to preserve their efficacy. It feels good on the skin, and contains healthy ingredients known to produce results, including antioxidants, peptides, glycerin, and niacinamide (vitamin B3). The serum leaves out all the bad stuff, which a lot of other companies (including luxury brands) insist on including, like alcohol, unadulterated plant oils, and irritating fragrances.

This also has a cosmetic benefit. I'd argue this serum is a better primer than most products marketed as primers. Unlike a lot of silicone based primers, this is NOT oily at all. It feels silky and smooth and makeup and moisturizers goes on beautifully on top. It doesn't go oily throughout the day, either. Two for one!

My only two complaints- the price and the packaging. I wish the bottle were opaque to keep light away from the product. I store it in the box it came in, inside a closed cupboard.

This serum definitely outdoes many more expensive serums. I just won a serum that costs three times as much as this one. It's also an awesome product, but I have to say, this one is better!