MAC Pigment in Vanilla

4.7

I've had this since 2010 and I have been using it pretty much on a daily ever since, which that alone says a lot! This is an incredible inner corner and browbone highlighter. In the inner corner I use it wet and quite intense, it lookd stunning! On the browbone I only use the tiniest amount and it gives such an amazing shine. It takes every look to another level and I honestly could not do my make up without it. I wouldn't use it as a face highlighter though since I find it to be too glittery and powdery for that.

If I had to give all my Mac products away (which are a ton!) and could only keep one, it would without a doubt be Vanilla pigment.

I had this pigment for one year and never used it because I didn't have what to do with it!i mean it is really sparkly,so unless I was about to do a Christmas party makeup I thought it was too much to put it on my eyes.Then,I read some comments here of girls who use it as a highlighter and I gave it a try.I was impressed!i applied it with my finger(where I had put a tiny amount of primer to make it wet and more easily applicable) on my checks and the side of my forehead.It looked really amazing!!!shiny but not to sparkly(if well blended) with a frosty tint that made it really elegant!i definately going to finish the bottle now but next time i think I will buy just a "normal" highlighter

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Vanilla pigment is a true MAC classic. Extremely pigmented translucent white with a gold/pink/peachy sheen. The white disappears and leaves the gold on your skin. It's gorgeous as an eyeshadow, but it's also an incredible highlighter. It was a highlighter before highlighters were a thing and was the only one I could find for my fair skin for a while. I've had my jar FOREVER and I doubt I'm halfway done with the jar. And I've given out several samples of it. I don't love loose powders so that's my only knock on this. I tried pressing a pan of it once but it was soooo fragile and soft. I have a small sample jar I decant some into and that's how I make it manageable.
I have discovered Kat Von D Thunderstruck eyeshadow and I'm debating on getting it. It's super super similar to vanilla. It might be slightly less gold and slightly more peach with a more white base and it's pressed! Both are absolutely gorgeous.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a must product! Currently, I am using the 4th one. You do not need any other base shade for eyelids if you have vanilla, it does not matter what type of or what color make up you wear. It is light, shimmery( not too much) and enlightening the eye. It is very suitable for every day use and also great for night make up. You can use it alone with any shade of eyeliner and mascara, or with different shades of eye shadows. It can be used as a highlighter for eye brows bones or inner corner of the eyes. If you want a natural look use it dry, if you need more dramatic look use it wet. Great product and goes for long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After a bunch of reviews on this, I decided to give it a good go and I was happy that I did. The gold makes my cheekbones really stand out and highlights my facial structure which I like. Makes my eyes pop as well. I will be rebuying this.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've seen Vanilla pigment a million and one times and always passed over it

I swapped for a sample of it and now I'm practically kicking myself! :p It's a gorgeous, opalescent, multi dimensional, warm Vanilla shade...It's slightly shimmery and flashes pink on me Use this with your finger for application and it makes a huge difference.

Beautiful color and versitile product. I love using this daily.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

At first I wasn't too fond of the color...

The second I actually applied it to my face (as per request from woman selling it at MAC) I was hooked!

Great for mixing with just about anything.

I was on the search for a highlighter to use everywhere and I have found it with Vanilla. It's a gorgeous pearl with gold and slight slight pink and yellow tones.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I mix a small amount of this product with my Shiseido concealer every day. This is very effective for dark circles! Concealer + brightener in one. Much better than Touche Eclat (which i became allergic to anyway).

I also like for an inner eye highlight occasionally. (Hey, even pressed on top of lipstick/gloss doesn't look bad, if you like the Playboy look...) I only got to know of this from an old pixi2woo video. Tanya Burr did this amazing Jennifer Aniston look years ago, on her friend.
You might like to try it too. The video has since been deleted, but basically she used this all over the lids with Sable eyeshadow for the crease, NARS Turks & Caicos + Benefit Hoola + Dior Amber Diamond for cheeks, and MAC shy girl for the lips. The perfect summer look. These colours work beautifully together, with the Vanilla pigment brightening the eyes in a way that other eyeshadows can't.
The colour is unique--very much worth buying, although you don't get much product for the price.

I am obsessed with the MAC Vanilla Pigment! I don't know what I would do if they ever discontinue it because after two years of using it every day I have never come across another highlighter/eyeshadow that compares.

The colour is absolutely gorgeous. In the pot it just looks like a shimmery white, but when it is applied it is a pearly white with almost gold and pink undertones.

I use it as both an eyeshadow and a highlighter. It's great because when I say that I feel like you'd get the image of a really shimmery 1970's look, this is definitely not the case. When I use it as an eyeshadow I put one layer all over the lid, I usually the add more towards the corner of my eye so the colour is more intense. I usually couple it with a little gray/black in the outer corner of my eye to get a subtle smokey eye look. I always use black liquid eyeliner on top and it creates such a beautiful contrast against the vanilla.

When I use it as a highlighter i use the smallest amount possible on a really soft powder brush and just lightly dust it over the top of my cheekbone, above my eyebrows and very lightly done the centre of my face - nose, cupids bow and chin. I also apply it with a tiny eyeshadow brush right under my eyebrows. Its not noticeable when you look at it after applying but when the sun shines on your face it looks absolutely stunning. And you'd never guess it was the same product I had on as eyeshadow.

It lasts for such a long time because you really do just need the smallest amount, i always just use whats stuck to the inside of the lid, and not even all of that.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been searching years for the perfect eye highlight. Finally I found it! I'm an NC20 and Vanilla turns a pretty white gold (with extremely tiny hints of pink) colour on me. I use it on my inner corner and underneath my lash line, makes my eyes look so much bigger and brighter. Packaging can be a bit messy as there's no sieve but you get loads of product, this should last me a lifetime so well worth the money.