Desert Essence Desert Essence Dry By Nature Deodorant

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Desert Essence Desert Essence Dry By Nature Deodorant

3.7

Not tested on animals

Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Sodium Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Steareth-20, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Sodium Borate

My 1 star here is only due to my personal reaction to this deodorant. I believe it might be a good deodorant for others.
I love Dessert Essence and wanted to like this product as well, since it is natural and has pleasant light smell. But when I started using it my armpits got terrible irritation! Like terrible painful pimples or something! I hardly could move. I thought its something because of shaving. But I stopped using this deodorant and it went away completely! I don't know what could cause such severe reaction on this deodorant but I just think it is plain wrong with product that supposed to be super gentle and natural...

on 12/9/2007 6:45:00 PM

After learning about all the scary things in most deodorants and about the importance of allowing your body to sweat to rid itself of toxins, I went on the quest for a good natural deodorant... I tried several, all of which smelled nice but left me with sweaty pits halfway through the day, and some of which left me stinky by the end of the day too. Dry By Nature, by Desert Essence, is by far the best all-natural deodorant that I've tried. Not only does it keep me from smelling, it also keeps me pretty dry -- as much as "normal" deodorants used to. It has a nice, subtle scent that would be appropriate for men or women. The scent is barely noticeable if you're not sniffing your armpits. :) I would highly recommend this product to others who are interested in using organic products that are healthier for your body. However, for those who sweat profusely, this might not keep you as dry as the really super strong products out there (that are very bad for you!)

I like natural, aluminum-free deodorants & the one I had been using began to seem less effective, if you know what I mean. I picked this up last week & it's really great. It has very little scent, goes on very dry so it doesn't get on my clothes, & really works. It does seem to keep me dry (which I don't really care about) & as well as smell-free. I don't know if it's always this way, but the one I got was a larger size than most deodorants, so I feel like I'm getting a lot for my money. I'll update if my feelings on this change when summer rolls around.