Desert Essence Desert Essence Dry By Nature Deodorant

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Desert Essence Desert Essence Dry By Nature Deodorant

2.4

Not tested on animals

Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Sodium Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Steareth-20, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Sodium Borate

Doesn't do much. I just use it now before I go to the gym so I don't have to throw it away. Makes me stink after an hour.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this deodorant and a few days later it caused my skin to flake. I had really high hopes for this because I was looking for a cruelty free deodorant. It smell good but it burned me. My underarms hurt so bad. I am still willing to try their other products just not their deodorant.

My 1 star here is only due to my personal reaction to this deodorant. I believe it might be a good deodorant for others.
I love Dessert Essence and wanted to like this product as well, since it is natural and has pleasant light smell. But when I started using it my armpits got terrible irritation! Like terrible painful pimples or something! I hardly could move. I thought its something because of shaving. But I stopped using this deodorant and it went away completely! I don't know what could cause such severe reaction on this deodorant but I just think it is plain wrong with product that supposed to be super gentle and natural...

on 12/9/2007 6:45:00 PM

After learning about all the scary things in most deodorants and about the importance of allowing your body to sweat to rid itself of toxins, I went on the quest for a good natural deodorant... I tried several, all of which smelled nice but left me with sweaty pits halfway through the day, and some of which left me stinky by the end of the day too. Dry By Nature, by Desert Essence, is by far the best all-natural deodorant that I've tried. Not only does it keep me from smelling, it also keeps me pretty dry -- as much as "normal" deodorants used to. It has a nice, subtle scent that would be appropriate for men or women. The scent is barely noticeable if you're not sniffing your armpits. :) I would highly recommend this product to others who are interested in using organic products that are healthier for your body. However, for those who sweat profusely, this might not keep you as dry as the really super strong products out there (that are very bad for you!)

on 4/4/2006 12:25:00 PM

I was surprised that a "natural", aluminum-free deodorant could be as effective as my usual Dove in keeping me dry and odorless, but this one is! It is a clearish gel-like formula that feels a bit little tacky immediately after applying, but dries fine and doesn't feel weird or sticky. The scent is great--light, fresh and completely unobtrusive. The one thing I didn't like was that the top of the "stick" is not rounded, so that you end up rubbing sharp edges into your underarms when you first begin using this--not fun. This does seem to keep me dry all day, but then, it's only April and I'll have to update when the horrible summer weather rolls around. It's more expensive than normal deodorant (around 6-7 USD, though there also seems to be more product than usual), but if you're wary about aluminum, it's really a small price to pay. So far, I'm quite pleased.

From the package:

"Desert Essence Dry By Nature's effective deodorant protection comes not from aluminum salts, but from an exclusive blend of pure botanical oils. Used daily, the soothing stick inhibits wetness and neutralizes odor with healthy, fresh-scented essential oils of Camomile and Calendula."

No animal ingredients or testing.

No alcohol, artificial color or synthetic perfumes.

Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamide DEA, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Neem Oil, Camomile Matricaria Extract, Calendula Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Lechen Extract, Sodium Borate

ETA: Okay, I knocked a lippie off b/c I definitely feel a little sweaty at the end of a warm day or if I'm doing anything more than taking a slow stroll down the street. But I'll continue to use this as I think the health benefits outweigh the slight inconvenience (anyway, even regular antiperspirant wouldn't keep me dry all day or on really super-hot days). continued >>