Desert Essence Desert Essence Dry By Nature Deodorant

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Desert Essence Desert Essence Dry By Nature Deodorant

4.5

Not tested on animals

Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Sodium Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Steareth-20, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Sodium Borate

on 8/12/2010 12:13:00 AM

I had tried Kiss My Face Active Enzyme deodorant which was absolutely awful. While at work one day, after using Kiss My Face and ending up, yet again, with bad b.o., I decided to stop at whole Foods on my lunch hour to pick up an alternative. Desert Essence was actually the cheapest ounce for ounce. I didn't expect much, since I already smelled, but as soon as I used it, the odor disappeared. It lasted all day. After work, I went for a long walk in 90 degree heat, and believe it or not, when I got home, the deodorant was STILL working!

My only concern about this product is the Propylene Glycol. Although the FDA has deemed it safe, there is some controversy over the safety of this ingredient. This is why I did not give it a 5 rating.

I like natural, aluminum-free deodorants & the one I had been using began to seem less effective, if you know what I mean. I picked this up last week & it's really great. It has very little scent, goes on very dry so it doesn't get on my clothes, & really works. It does seem to keep me dry (which I don't really care about) & as well as smell-free. I don't know if it's always this way, but the one I got was a larger size than most deodorants, so I feel like I'm getting a lot for my money. I'll update if my feelings on this change when summer rolls around.