Kiehl's Rare Earth Facial Cleansing Masque

Kiehl's Rare Earth Facial Cleansing Masque

3.3

Aqua; Kaolin; Bentonite; Glycerin; Propylene Glycol; CI 77891; Zea mays; Phenoxyethanol; Polysorbate 80; Tocopherol; Methylparaben; Lecithin; Retinyl Palmitate; Allantoin acetyl methionine; Serica; Avena sativa; Prunus armeniaca; Persea gratissima; Triticum Vulgare; Guaiazulene; TBHQ; aloe barbadensis/aloe barbadensis leaf extract

I've been using this mask for 6 months, it was one of the items I picked up when I went to the kiehls store and bought a whole new skincare routine that's only consist of kiehls products. In the beginning i used it twice a week because my skin was breaking out constantly and my t zone was super oily. Then when I saw that my skin was clearing up after a month of using this, that's when I cut back and only used it once a week. The texture of this mask is incredible, it's unlike anything I've ever seen before with a clay mask. It's not gooey or messy. It has quite a dry/wet texture and when you put it on your face, there is a cooling feeling which is quite enjoyable and it doesn't crack when it's fully dried. In the beginning I only put it on my face for 10 minutes because I didn't have any time to use face masks but now I leave it on for 15 minutes and that's a real treat for me. It's an incredible mask and you will definitely see instant results so if you're on the fence about trying it then get off the fence and just go and buy it. You won't regret it! Promise! Also this is the perfect mask to use in the summer time for people who tend to get super oily and breakout, this is your summer skincare hero! Or if you just live in a humid place, this is perfect for that too.

on 6/10/2017 3:34:00 AM

I made my own mud mask from the backyard. Essentially, it's the exact same thing as this product. At least mine is locally made and doesn't destroy the Amazon.

Love this mask for oily skin and always reach for it when I get those super large, under-the-skin pimples. I leave it on for about 15 minutes until it gets a little tight and dry, and then rinse off with warm water. It's gross how much gunk gets drawn out after you've rinsed and taken a good look at your pores! But it's worth it because when I wake up the next day, everything looks and feels better and a little clearer.

As a side note: I've also tried the Rare Earth cleanser and moisturizer, and by far, this is the standout product for me. I would caution against the cleanser because it has exfoliants which are too gritty and abrasive for daily use. Even though you might automatically think clay = drying of the skin, this mask is thick enough to provide that "sloughing off" effect you want. You only need to use it once or twice weekly, and a jar lasts forever.

on 4/1/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I liked this- but I think it is best for oily skin with clogged pores (blackheads, not cysts). It is important to note that this did NOT sting my face like so many other masks do.
I tried the borghese masks that everyone seems to rave over and thought my face was on fire. Same with exfolikate that so many bloggers and reviewers like. I tried them several times with the same results. I dont understand why they stung so badly but I cannot use them. This mask did not sting my face, neither do the LUSH fresh masks or the PTR sulfur cooling mask.
I used it once a week after washing my face with a gentle cleanser and left it on for the prescribed 10-15 minutes. It left my skin soft and smooth, and opened my pores so I could easily extract my blackheads. I followed with a toner and moisturizer and went to bed. The only reason I wouldnt repurchase is that I like trying new things. If I dont find anything I like better Ill come back to this.

Works well, cleanses the pores quickly and effeciently. Doesnt stay on skin too heavy like a mask, but dries quicly, leaving clean and brightened feeling. Great quick cleans that can also be used several times a week. Price for the amount of product is definitely a winner.

on 2/19/2014 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I do enjoy this mask, but it's not the god of all face masks.

After using this for about a year, I've realized this does not really do anything for existing acne. It does leave skin soft and with a beautiful glow, also the redness I have from past blemishes is usually reduced ALOT which I love about this mask!

Would definitely buy this again!

on 12/11/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Do not buy this! Stings and irritates like crazy!!

on 11/15/2009 2:57:00 AM

I have been using this mask for a long time. Too, long, as I am probably too old for it now. At this point I only use it the night before a special occasion. There have only been two things that have ever made an immediate, positive improvement in my skin's appearance - laser treatments and this mask. It really minimizes my large pores. It smells funky, it's not for normal skin, and if I leave the jar open on the counter my cat starts eating it. That said, I am going to continue to use it on a limited basis for as long as I can.

they gave me a sample of this product after i bought the moisturizer from the same line. i used it as a mask twice, as the samples come with quite a bit of product. i noticed my skin was A LOT softer but it didn't do to much for my acne. the person who gave it to me also recommended to use it as a spot treatment, so i did and i LOVE IT. if you put a small dab on your pimple before you go to sleep its literary gone in the morning, just a red spot were the pimple used to be. im going to buy the jar of this just to use as spot treatment! im surprised this worked as spot treatment as ive tried pretty well every drugstore spot treatment but this works better then all of them! :)

on 4/16/2011 10:45:00 AM

I was told this would instantly unclog my pores with one use. It did not do that. It just dried my face out.