4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

My skin = Combination, Oily t-zone and cheeks, some dry patches. VERY sensitive. <br><br> Ok so first of all I went to get a Double Wear tester and I ended up with this so I might as well write a review! <br><br>ANYWAY... at first I loved this. Although I may not need such high coverage it looked like my skin was airbrushed... so perfect! A bit hard to blend but I found using it right after moisturizer works best. After two or three days I noticed myself looking more and more oily. The last day I wore this it looked like I had been deep fried...DISGUSTING to say the least. I also began getting bumps here and there on my skin. I believe this was just WAY too heavy for my skin. If you have severe scarring/other blemishes you want to cover I would suggest this foundation. Otherwise... stay away!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

from

7 years ago

I got a 10-day sample of this after watching a Lisa Eldridge video who had a guest artist on board. According to the artist, she used 3 of the colors from this line on everyone, mixed and matched as a concealer. I found this is just a bit too dead-looking--I looked like Robin William's skin in Mrs. Doubtfire. Emphasized pores. No signs of life beneath the color. To be fair, the foundation is labelled "maximum coverage," from a line that already has "double wear" which is pretty strong coverage. But this just aged me. I'd look at Shiseido Sun Protection foundation, or MAC Pro Longwear, as possible alternatives. Or Guerlain Parure Gold. This Estee Lauder Maximum might work as a concealer, but I'd just get the Vichy Dermablend fluid at the drugstore ($10) which is a a great concealer and less heavy-looking.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0
from

7 years ago

Well, I have had this foundation for about a month now. At first, I was fanatic about this product. I had never had a foundation before that was able to cover up my awful acne scars and melasma. Now that I am out of my puppy love phase, I have come to notice and accept its negative qualities. First off, this foundation oxidizes like crazy. It looks lovely in the morning right before i leave to school, but 8 hours later when i check in the front seat car mirror, I feel like I've eaten too many carrots. My face looks orange! It does not match my neck even in the slightest, and the slim outer rim of my lips are my normal skin color (since my boyfriend just loves kissing it all off -_-) while the bright orange of my face contrasts it ridiculously. Also, this foundation, on multiple occasions, has transferred onto a person's clothing that I have hugged. Once, a boy asked me "How much makeup do you use!?" after noticing the orange smear on his white shirt. Not a good feeling guys :( I am very sad this did not work out :( I am almost certain that people who do not have oily skin problems will like this much better than I, so don't think my experience is a future depiction of yours! I am on to trying Kat Von D's Lock-It foundation, which I just bought today at Sephora. I am very eager to try it!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

7 years ago

I have acne. Not horribly bad skin. The problem I run into mostly is covering the scars from picking my skin. After reading so many reviews on the amazing coverage I decided to pick this up. Spending nearly $40 on foundation isn't something I typically splurge on, but it would be worth it if it worked. I almost bought it about a year ago and the woman at the EL counter even told me "oh, you don't need this! This is for people who need a lot of coverage!" So that's what I expected. I have to say, the shade very light was perfect. The coverage however was comparable to revlon colorstay mineral mousse, which is now discontinued I think. The problem I have with both is upon applying, all dry patches show up. After about an hour, all my scars start showing up. I have better luck with maybelline super stay which costs a third of the price and looks way better.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

8 years ago

Overall, this a good concealer EXCEPT for the colors. I purchased this in dark expecting a color suitable for African-American. I wear a NC 45 in MAC. The darkest person that can wear this foundation is probably in the NC or NW 30ish range. Shame on EL for not including the entire customer base in this foundation.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Dark

8 years ago

this product it AMAZING ! i had it on and my brother saw me that first day i had it on and told me my face looks like celebs flawless that's the nicest thing he has ever said :) my skin is dry so i use moisturizer under it but it looks so great on altho you cant really put it under your eyes you might need a concealer for that part because its a bit to thick and also you only need to apply a tiny tiny tiny bit and it'll look amazinggg trust me even if you have dry skin like me

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 years ago

it is heavy, but a small amount is needed. I have been using this product since I was 18...they keep changing colors and formulas, but basically it is the same. Great coverage if you want a flawless look

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Olive

EyesOther

1.0

8 years ago

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST FOUNDATION I HAVE EVER USED !!!! an overall rating of 0 is best suited for this foundation. It literally felt like i was putting sludge on my face and the worst part is that 2 days after starting to use it i began breaking out badly !!!! this makeup is so thick and heavy that your poor skin cannot possible breath ..unfortunately clogged pores equals zits !!! as soon as i switched back to my HG foundation my skin improved drastically ! i will never use this product again and would not recommend this if you have acne prone skin

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

it gives crazy coverage and doesnt look caky even in daylight. but finding the right color is tricky, i got one shade darker than my color and am using it with bb creme it really stays longer and once fixed with mineral powder it stays at place. the only issue for me is that its super matt and looks dull without mineral powder above it plus a little wrong shade can turn chalky or greyish with time. the only way to get full benefit is excelling the technique to apply it according to your requirement.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

My skin is: super oily yet dry in patches (its winter), large pores just about everywhere, pitted acne scars and a bit of redness here and there. This foundation doesn't lie when it says maximum coverage! It covers all those problems listed above without the need for any additional concealer! When used in the right amount (which is very little - about a small pea size), it looks really lovely on the skin. Even the oil control isn't that bad - i don't need to use MAC's blot powder when i wear this, i just dust some Laura Mercier's translucent powder on. The only slight con i have is that it looks a bit patchy on the bridge of my nose.. it may be because the foundation seperates a little because i'm just so oily... But it's really not a big deal unless someone comes up and inspects your face :P The packaging is simple and sanitary - simply squeeze out the amount of product you need. The price is a little high at $68 in Australia, but for such good pigment, it's worth it! For reference, i'm Asian and i wear NC20 (MAC), 52-53 (Bourjois Healthy Mix) and in Estee Lauder's max coverage, i wear 03 Creamy Vanilla :) EDIT: As i'm a little less pale now it's spring, i need to mix a bit of Bourjois's healthy mix in 53 in with the foundation to darken it and make the finish a little bit more dewy!

About reviewer (189 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm