Guinot Longue vie yeux

Guinot Longue vie yeux

3.5

Basic eye product. Nothing special. It didn't help with my lines, puffiness or dark circles.

on 12/26/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a large sample of this with a recent online order. I generally find that my rich night cream provides enough moisture around my eye area, so I don't need another product, but I decided to give this a try anyway. It moisturizes well enough, though I don't like the old-lady floral fragrance. However, the real deal-breaker for me was when I began to breakout along my cheek bones and on the bridge of my nose within a week of starting this product.

Ingredients: Water, propylene glycol, glycerin, butylene glycol, PEG-8, caprylic/capric/succinic triglyceride, behenyl alcohol, sorbitan oleate, octenylsuccinate, cyclomethicone, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, poloxamer 184, PEG-100 stearate, saccaride isomerate, dimethicone, carbomer, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, hydrolyzed wheat protein, xanthan gum, sodium chloride, trisodium EDTA, butylparaben, ethylparaben, benzyl salicylate, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, hydroxycitronlellal, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, hydroxisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, glucose, BHT, methylsilanol mannuronate, coumarin, cintronellol, ascorbyl palmitate, benzyl benzoate, geraniol, potassium chloride, horse chestnut extract, eugenol, limonene, glyceryl oleate, citric acid, calcium chloride, glutamic acid, sodium methylparaben, sodium phosphate, leucine, glutamine, magnesium sulfate, lysine, arginine, threonine, aspartic acid, tyrosine, sorbic acid, valin, sodium acetate, phenylalanine, serine, glycine, alanine, isoleucine, proline, methionine, histidine, tryptophan, red 4, hydroxyproline, adenine, yellow 5, sodium dehydroacetate, RNA, DNA, retinyl acetate, cysteine, gluathione, PABA, pyridoxine HCl, inositol, ascorbic acid, niacin, niacinamide, riboflavin, menadione, tocopheryl, thiamine HCl, folic acid, biotin, calcium pantothenate. continued >>

on 10/28/2008 2:09:00 PM

this product works like nothing else on smoothing out the area under the eyes. I have faint fine lines and this seems to completely eliminate the look of them and also gives an excellent base to any concealer. I bought this after I had a Hydradermie treatment facial (the rolls royce of facials as far as I am concerned). You only need a tiny bit according to the facialist. This is conjuction with masque nutrition confort is skin heaven. I have decided to trade in my excessive skincare buying habit for regular facials. I swear the effects of this facial lasted a good two weeks after the treatment. Worth splashing out on, imo

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This does not moisturize particularly well. It's nice, it smells good, and the texture is good--but I don't think it moisturizes the under eye skin so much as leaves it with a smooth texture.
By the way, if you have this and don't particularly like it or use it: TRY IT AS A LIP BALM. It is literally the best best lip balm ever. I first tried it after reading about how Bobbi Brown thinks lip balms are mostly blah and eye creams work better. SHE'S RIGHT. I particularly like this after applying 8 hour cream at night (it sloughs off the dead skin) and then this normally during the day. So, at least it's not a total waste!

Bought during a facial that was for my birthday. I thought I would splurge. I was at a fancy spa so I'm sure they completely overcharged me. I paid $80 for this. Honestly I have used it and didn't think much of it until I noticed my makeup looking great under the eyes. I was just thinking I ran into a few really good makeup days but then I realized it was this cream. It really did help diminish my light dark circles. And it has the perfect moisture I need. I hate feeling like my eye area is oily. I love this eye moisturizer and will try to find it somewhere for cheaper.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Didn't do anything for me and so overpriced for what it is, it's just a basic eye moisturiser, didn't do a thing for lines or dark circles. I think Guinot are an amazing brand but they missed the mark with this one.

on 4/23/2006 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My eyes are terrible (dark circles, very fine lines, sagging lids) and I've tried so very many eye creams that I have at least major experience if not expertise in these products. This Guinot eye cream was recommended to me by the woman who gives me facials but in a rare case, she missed on this one. It did nothing to hydrate and nothing to diminish the appearance of the lines or the dark circles and if an eye cream isn't going to do any of those things, what's the point? Like most Guinot products, it has a very strong scent. I don't mind this in a cleanser, but putting a perfumed product on your eyes can't be good and I'm convinced it caused irritation and itching. The packaging requires sticking your fingers into the little screw-top jar, not exactly sanitary. It's expensive. And it's kind of sticky-drying when it goes on and into your skin. I tried it for a week and then it went into the trash. I won't buy again.

on 2/25/2007 1:30:00 PM

This has a nice gel-cream texture which sinks in nicely and moisturises well; it also creates a good base for applying concealer. However, one major problem with this eye cream is that it irritates my eyes. No matter how much I try not to get it in my eye it gradually makes its way there. The irritation is so bad all you want to do is reach for the eye bath. I managed to tolerate this for a few months as I really wanted to finish the pot! It didn't cause any irritation to my skin and I saw no difference in dark eye circles. I was just walking around with red eyes!! Will not purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

it has a nice texture and it does work (a bit) for dark circles, but it didn't work against the bags under my eyes; i'm 24 and right now, for me what's really important is getting rid of fine lines; well, it does NOT work for FINE LINES, al least nor for my fine lines, though this is the reason i was recommended this particular cream. appart from the light, hydrating texture...there's not much to this particular eye cream. it lasts about 4-5 months when used twice a day; i've used this cream at night and another one in the morning against pufiness, as i was told. UPDATE: my fine lines have got worse; don't waste your money.12/05/2006: I found a great treatment for eyes - it's called Revivre Age Jeunesse Eyes Zone Energizing Fluid. If u can get your hands on it don't let it pass u. Fantastic. it's not meant to remove dark circles but it hydrates so well (remember it is a fluid, not a cream). i would buy the cream 2 if i could just find it.ohh... did i forget to mantion it's only 20 USD?

on 6/22/2006 10:12:00 PM

Waste of money. It didn't help with either lines or puffiness or dark circles.