Nailtek 7 Days to Beautiful Hands

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I handle a lot of papers in my job, which is the equivalent of using blotting film on my hands and cuticles continuously for hours on end, so I need a hand treatment that moisturizes without leaving a greasy residue. This does exactly that - it's amazing how quickly it sinks in! I only use it at work - it's not quite as moisturizing as my HG Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion (which would leave oily spots all over said papers).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a good mid-rate hand cream. It's enough to moisturize dry *hands*, but it doesn't do anything for my cuticles. Smells good (lavender). I do notice the "glove" effect - I can feel residue even after washing my hands, but it's nothing dramatic. The tube is thin and the printing is very low-quality, which makes the packaging look and feel cheap.

In general, although I am recommending this product, I have to say that it is NOT the use you think it is. This is not a moisturizer, this is a skin protector. Once I cracked its finest application, I started to like it... a LOT. Until then I was sorely disappointed.

The first time I used this product was because it was only $5 at Transdesign. I thought, however, this was a LOTION. It's really NOT.

Some background is required. I have in the past used protectors for my skin after diagnosis of hand excema, different from regular excema in that only the skin on your hand is dry. The trigger in my case is working with a lot of papers and having irritated palms as I drove my car. Dr. Liz said those were the classic signs. She usually sees hand excema a LOT in paper pushers (accountants, lawyers, etc). So it was an easy diagnosis for her. She prescribed an OVER THE COUNTER product called THERASEAL, a silicon based lotion. It's not a moist nutritious lotion, though, it's a creamy but very very dry SILICON slick feel, like you've just waxed your skis or put teflon on your pan.

That's why when I started using Nailtek 7 Days, I KNEW not to use it as a lotion, but rather to use it OVER a very moist cream. So I've paired this up with a base of whatever lotion to me feels the moistest. For example, Avojuice is very very moist but doesn't last a long time. So does Solar Lotion. Perfect combo, you put your Solar Lotion on first, let it absorb, then put a layer of Nailtek 7 Days over the top. Then jet out the door!

If you need more moisture, just wet your hands. You will feel refreshed. UNTIL, this is key, you use SOAP. If you can avoid it, please don't use soap unless you have something very oily on your hands.

One key is for me, Nailtek 7 days is wasted if you use it at night. I would recommend this for days, right before and right after you get to work is best.

Now you see why I was disappointed... I bought this to use as an intensive night lotion to wear under my little Eucerin gloves. That use is not the best use for this skin protector. I couldn't wear it for my expected use!

And there's the smell... It starts up as a very heady, sharp intense citrus-grapefruit smell but it sort of morphs into a weird chemical smell like a hair dye or something. Then it fades away and blends in a few minutes. But I didn't like the smell for the minute or two it smells like a toxin. The weird thing is that all this would not stop me from using this again. For the time that this is on my hands OVER THE LOTION of my choice, I feel extremely protected from dryness, roughness or cracking. I definitely will be buying this again! Esp for only $5 at TD!

Haven't had this long yet, but so far I love it. The smell isn't the best, but it actually fades to where I don't notice it. The feeling is rich but completely non-greasy (like AHAVA hand cream but even less greasy!) It says it is supposed to reactivate with wetting your hands. I think the jury is out on that one for now, but I'm going to give it a little longer and check back.
EDIT: Still using this one fairly frequently, and now, funny thing is - I like the smell! Makes my hands feel good, but doesn't combat dryness quite as well as the Neutrogena Norwegian formula! It's not nearly as greasy as that one though!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the best hand creams that I've ever used! Your hands feel so soft and smells so nice after you use it. Not greasy at all! I never knew hand cream could be so great!