Maybelline Brush Blush in Pink Whisper

No Image

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was in an extracurricular activity called colorguard. In this we had to wear make-up that was bright, exotic and could be seen by the judges whether they were 5ft in front of you or 100ft up in the pressbox. I had to buy this blush for an 80's show. It's a pink pink, perfect for 80's wear. If you do want to wear it then only lightly put it on. I have recently put it on for everyday use, but I need some thing a bit more natural. The real problem I had with it was the blush would break up easily with the slightest bump and the brush didn't work in any way. I recommend using your own personal brush if you have one, if you don't, go get one. The packaging was also horrible quality. It would break way to easily.

on 12/31/2006 11:46:00 PM

This is probably my favorite blush. I have used Maybelline Brush Blush over the years in many shades of pink (I think I especially loved one called Brush Blush II but can't remember the shade name). Pink Whisper is a very good one for me. Anyway the price is reasonable, it goes on easily and looks great, lasts a long time...can't get much better than that!

I'll buy the more expensive department store cleansers, moisturizers and foundation. But when it comes to blush, this is my favorite.

This blush goes on nicely. A little bit of this blush goes a long way. The color is girly so works nice for the more "romantic" look. It has a little more shimmer than I would like, but that is about the only negative thing I can think about for this blush. Definately a great product considering how cheap it is as well.

I have worn Maybelline Brush Blush for many years. I have always had a difficult time finding a shade that is just right. Every time I get used to one, they discontinue it and replace it with another shade(s) that I have to experiment with and spend money on until I settle on one. Many years ago, I adored a shade called "Sunset Amber" and I can't seem to find one that even comes close to that one. It wasn't so intense that I looked like a clown. It wasn't too orangey which I hate but it was more of a subtle, faded red that looked like a natural blush, kind of like you just came in from outdoors from an invigorating walk on a cool day (a healthy, warm glow). It looked very natural but bright enough so I didn't have to keeping adding a little more to get the results I wanted. I'm reasonably content with "Pink Whisper" but I still long for that long forgotten (but not by me) "Sunset Amber". Isn't that a romantic name? So why did they eliminate it from their products, huh? I demand an answer. Just kidding.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This blush looks really good on my pale skin. It has a lot of shimmer to it. The blush blends very easily. It is a bright pink shade but it is sheer so it is not clown-like.

on 8/2/2004 10:57:00 AM

I am an admitted high end snob- however the recent rash of fun drugstore products is slowly but surely converting me. The color of this blush was too pretty to pass up- and I am glad I didn't. It is a vibrant melon pink with silver shimmer. I don't apply with a light hand though, I don't seem to find mine as pigmented as the others do. I am a MAC NC25 (or 20), Becca Sesame, LSF 4 and Neutrogena Natural Buff. This blush gives me a crisp wash of natural looking color with a very subtle shimmer. I reach for this now over most of my other blushes! No break outs either. I wouldn't use the dingy brush that came with it to apply though. I doubt it would go on very natural using such a small brush.

on 6/15/2004 11:08:00 PM

I bought Pink Whisper at a drugstore after seeing it paired with Beach Club Coral, one of my favorite blushes. That Maybelline--a brand I don't like that much--had made my last THREE favorite blushes is a mystery to me, but that's the way it goes, I guess. Pink Tangerine, Beach Club Coral, and now Pink Whisper. I like PW, though, because it's a nice look to pair with a pink lip...It might be true that PW is quite pigmented, but I don't know because I always apply blush with a very light hand since I'm a PPP and don't want to look ridiculous. I run my blush brush over it, blow off all the excess, blow again, then apply. I build slowly so I don't end up looking like a kewpie doll. Nars, MAC, and Chanel might make better blushes, but I'm going to save my money by buying cheapie (but finely milled and very pretty) Maybelline blushes, and use the leftover cash to buy MAC and Chanel lipsticks and glosses. :-)

This one is a beautiful medium bright pink with silver shimmer.It is more pigmented than other Brush Blush so apply with caution.Very similar to the discontinued pure Rose also by Maybelline,except Blush Brush is shimmery.A very healthy flush, great for ppp(coming from the cold blush).
Personnaly, I like soft blushes and this one is a little too pigmented for my taste.But a beautiful color nonetheless for those who prefer something slightly more vibrant.

on 3/8/2004 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Beautiful sheer, natural shimmery pink that gives me the most natural glow of all of my blush collection! I bought this at Eckard on a whim and am so glad I did! I've went back and stocked up just in case they disc it! :(

I'm a MMM (self tanned) and this is my most perfect blush.

on 10/29/2003 10:32:00 AM

Pink Whisper is a somewhat sheer, shimmery neutral rosy pink shade. This is a shade of pink that anyone can wear. I have pale skin and it works VERY well on me and looks VERY natural. I believe that this was part of the Valentine's Day line and may be discontinued. I got mine at Rite Aid for 50% off on clearance. This is unfortunate because it's a great shade that should be part of the regular line. continued >>