The Body Shop Waterproof Mascara

The Body Shop Waterproof Mascara

2.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/20/2016 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The Body Shop is my favorite brand for skin products, and I had never tried the make up they sell, and was in need of a mascara so I thought I would try it out. I'm pretty sure this is the worst mascara I've ever owned. It goes on very clumpy and adds nothing to your look, but a mess. And the worst part is that it's a nightmare to get off, and you always end up looking like a raccoon for 2 days even when the proper make up remover.

Not a great product to use at all! It takes a miraculous effort to put it on as the wand is just too flimsy and always smudges. Once it's on, it takes another miraculous effort to take it off again and since I've started using it, I know that there hasn't been one day where I managed to get all of it off. That being said, with the effort of removing it, it still has the ability to smudge and clump. This is simply a poorly designed product that hasn't actually been used by a human being who cares about the cleansing routine before marketing it to the general public. Instead of advertising it as waterproof, it should be advertised as irremovable, stubborn, and a lifetime commitment.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/31/2014 11:27:00 AM

My search for the perfect waterproof mascara continues... This is my life mission now!

Cons:
- Wand is flimsy and the bush is really small making a huge mess! It 's pretty gooey right out of the tube.
- Clumps like crazy on the lashes and dries to super glue consistence way too fast to comb the lashes out.
- The formula is really thick and dries to a crusty mess and does nothing to curl or define lashes. Its spider city on my face. Not a good look.
- I got some on my water line and my eye got super irritated, a real teary red mess.
- You would need a jackhammer and a acid solution to get this stuff off in good time. Not kidding I had to soak my eye area in coconut oil for an hour just to loosen this stuff at all! Even at that I lost some lashes in the process of scraping it off. Not cool!

Pros:
-the price (50% off sale) but for full price I would have been way more upset. I am going to try and return it (will let you know if I can)
-The colour. Its a true black but rather matte.
- No racoon eyes for me. At least not until the time for multiple hour scrub off came.

on 11/12/2012 3:41:00 PM

I have a tendency to rub my eyes or get watery eyes and my mascara always seems to smudge. But not with this waterproof mascara. It works very well, and the price is decent too.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have straight, short lashes and this did not do much for me.

It did coat my lashes nicely, was waterproof, no smudges, no clumping. no flaking, and very natural looking.

But since I have short lashes, this was not so great for me. It will work for someone with long lashes, who's looking for a natural looking mascara.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It was a good mascara, extended my lashes and still looked natural - but would NOT come off. I had to actually sleep in it and have a shower in the morning, THEN attack it with make up remover again and THEN wash my face, and THEN cover the remaining black circles with concealer..

Got this as GWP so at least I didn't pay anything for it. I had a choice between another mascara and this one and I chose this because I was looking for something waterproof. I don't really know if it's waterproof or not, but I do know it ends up places that I don't want it. If I only put it on my upper lashes, in a few hours it has smudged along my lower eye giving me dark circles under my eyes. It's terrible to look in a mirror a few hours later and see a bunch of smudges under your eyes when you didn't even put mascara on your lower lashes. Yes, it's nice to have the feel of a little click when you twist the cap closed, but that's the only positive about this mascara. Big thumbs down from me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was okay. It didn't provide much structure nor length. The brush itself clumped a lot and would constantly need to be wiped/cleaned.

on 6/29/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am extremely disappointed with this because the only reason I bought it was because the sales girl told me how fantastic it was. My number one requirement for mascara is that it doesn't smudge and this one smudged worse than some supermarket brands I've tried. Take your $14, go to Sephora or a department store and buy a Clinique mascara (which in my experience does not smudge at all).

on 5/8/2010 11:43:00 PM

UGH. This mascara is actually really awful. It didn't bring UP my lashes like every other mascara, it made them spidery. The tube is so cute, and looks so promising. It is such a glossy, dark black. I'm so mad this didn't do anything. By the end of the day my lashes were clumped together, and was flaking like CRAZY all over. Don't waste your money.