Mary Kay Toffee Lipstick

No Image

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

As I loved my MK lipstick I got a year in a half ago at a carnival, I got a moon something slim tube for the details it was a black slim tube of cool toned-nude matte with pinkish undertones.,only comes in pink and wine-y colours, but I fell in love with the product and decided I had to purchase more, (as MK is hard to get offline and is origionally headquarted in Texas and I went another friend Mary Kay seminar in August 16, 2003) she moved to Florida, and I like a lipstick samples she gave me. A year later the sample the mascara and medium brown I used up all gone no more finito!. Immediately fell in love with it 15 years ago or/and better. The Matte nude one from the carnival last year, lipstick I raved about it on facebook with my friend in my county,and boom by chance! I looked on my friends who happens to be by chance a Mary Kay consultant and looked on her website a a week or so ago, and met her and purchased this one yesterday! My constultant gave me this and truffle, I love it, staying power is honestly it is so-so it's not too short, not all day, maybee 6 hours at most! It's kinda really like a gel-type semi-matte lipstick. It mas a satin-esque feel and vanilla fragrance to it. I have two different type of a brownishcolour, a nude-ish and a darker one, nothing over the top though. I will wear this to my best friends wedding,. As were BFF's I'm in the bridal party. I tried iton over L.A. lipliner and it's a perfect match on my lips. It's the fuller look I am going for. This my HG in Mary Kay MLBB sort! Sooner or later eventually, down the road, I will re-purchase more and different products from this company via internet - from my consultant only! I'm busy, with work and family stuff and stuff but, I will get to buying more items.

on 6/20/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

An oldie but goodie! A versatile neutral pinky-brownish-mauvish shade that is flattering on my cool-toned PPP skin - and good on medium skin tones, too. Can read a bit warm - lately I am loving cooler pinkier colors - but this is such a versatile color. Very wearable, very safe.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

An old-time HG I had forgotten about until recently. I have a love/hate relationship with MK products (yeah, either I love 'em or hate 'em, no gray area), but this lipstick is just my perfect shade for a neutral look. I usually pair with either the chocolate lipliner (VERY well-blended) or the cappuccino lipliner, and then top it with a light coat of the Cream and Sugar lipgloss. It's a great look for daytime wear or in the office, and works well for a subtle nighttime look as well.

With all of the similar colors out there, I've still not found anything that's a reasonable dupe of the MK lipliner, Toffee lipstick and Cream and Sugar gloss.

Okay, now that I've had my walk down memory lane, time to go order it otherwise I'll just keep obsessing about it until I have it again, LOL!

on 11/7/2011 8:31:00 PM

Favorite color...like a caramel color. Somehow it goes with pinks and browns. Very neutral. I use it with Mary Kay neutral lip liner. Lasts for hours. Silky feel

on 1/19/2011 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this color. This is my third tube. It looks like orange-brown in my lips. I'm an NC35. This is a daytime color. I love the texture and lasting of this particular line of lipsticks... despite the fact I hate almost everything from MK except the lipsticks and eyeprimer...

This is a great pink/brown shade that works nicely on my light/medium skin tone.
Some things I like about Mary Kay lipsticks:
Long lasting.
Has a nice caramel smell to it instead of the normal lipstick smell.
Isn't drying.
Not sheer.

on 7/21/2007 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had tried Mary Kay products years ago in my teens and I wasn't mature enough for them yet but I have rediscovered them and now I'm in love! Their neutral lipsticks are the best I've ever found! This and Apricot Glaze are just great! This one does have a pinkish hue that I didn't like at first but now I think it's great. It does look better with cool colors. I put lipbalm on under all my lipsticks and I do admit that these can be a bit drying without it. Their products are wonderful and it's sad that it's kind of a scam. I buy all my MK stuff off ebay and even with shipping I get most things for under half price. Then I don't have to deal with the sometimes pushy reps.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I Love this Lipstick! It looks a little blah in the tube but once you put it on it is really nice. I tried putting lipglass in Lust over it and it makes a huge difference. It is creamy and long lasting. I usually eat all my lipstick by the second hour, But this last forever. I would totally recomend this lipstick.

on 9/9/2005 9:55:00 AM

I do love Mary Kay lipsticks, and I recently got this color because it appeared to be a nice, neutral, nude brown (I am an Ivory skin tone)like L'oreal's Nature's Blush for reference, but it is too pinky on me. It doesn't look bad, it just wasn't the look I was going for and I have so many lipsticks that look like this color. The name Toffee implies that it is more of a brown neutral, and that's what it looked like in the catalog. I would buy Mary Kay lipstick again in a heartbeat, just not this color. 10/19/05 - Update - I have been wearing this with the MK Chocolate Lipliner and I now love this combination of the Toffee lipstick with the chocolate lipliner. I color in my entire lips with the chocolate lipliner and it takes away just a little of the pinky-red part of this lipstick that I didn't like and it lasts almost all day and I rarely have to touch it up. Also, just a little blotting gives it a nice smooth, matte finish. I have also been making sure I carefully apply foundation right up to the line where my lips start,which even though it sounds like a little thing, makes a big difference. It looks so good. I might actually buy this color again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i actually like this color. Its a nice neutral that isnt too brown on my LLL skin. Its a little bright at first and would wear it only during the winter of course, but its actually not that bad of a color and hasnt turned an orange on me