Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula (All Formulas)

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula (All Formulas)
Cocoa Butter Formula (All Formulas)Cocoa Butter Formula (All Formulas)Cocoa Butter Formula (All Formulas)

4.3

Deionized Water, Cocoa Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Palm Oil, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Fragrance, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 CI 19140, Orange 4 CI 15510

I love the scent and the way it feels on my hands (not greasy, so you can still do stuff after you apply it). But after a few days I noticed my skin had gotten rough and dry wherever I had been using it. It wasn't that my skin was getting drier overall--it was just on my arms, where I had been applying the Palmer's. Very weird. I'm sure it's just me, because I know this stuff is a classic with a loyal following.

on 1/19/2017 10:50:00 PM

I have been using this for years because it keeps my skin soft and it smells divine!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love love love Palmer's body lotion and have repurchased many times over the years! I originally used this lotion with my first pregnancy hoping to avoid stretch marks (still got a few stretch marks),but it became a staple body lotion for me.Highly moisturizing, not greasy, yet very soft with real cocoa butter.Fragrance is delicious. I keep the pump style bottle on my night stand and apply at bedtime to my hands, arms, elbows and feet as part of my nightly routine. Under $10 at Walmart and the bottle lasts many months. My only complaint is the packaging isn't very pretty and when you think the product has run out, there is still plenty at the bottom. I cut the plastic bottle open with a knife and simply scoop out the remaining lotion which I store in a little dollar store plastic container.

on 11/19/2016 8:07:00 AM

Really like the buttery vanilla smell! Sweet but not overwhelming.

Used as hand and foot cream, decent job done even during winter, thick but non-greasy, surprisingly didn't leave any film when I touch glass surface like other hand creams. If you know what I mean... Just melts onto your skin and make it really soft.

It’s kinda annoying how good this cream is. I mean, I hate how heavy it is and how weird it smells, not being a fan of chocolate. That said, this is the only lotion so far in the entire world that does make a difference on my skin. And damnnnnnnn it works! TBH I got ugly butt and I apply an ample amount of this lotion on it for a few months and now I can see the stretch marks and discolouration has smoothened out a lot and I look great in swimsuits already. It absorbs well on my dry skin and stays there. No other lotion has done that. I feel like any other lotion I’ve ever used just sits on my skin instead of being soaked into it like Palmer’s does. I really liked their Olive formula’s scent but Cocoa Butter’s the one I keep coming back to because I can see the difference quite a lot. I tried their unscented one but I can still smell it so I didn’t bother getting the unscented one after a while.

on 10/23/2016 3:48:00 PM

This product is really nice. Very calming and gentle. I always apply it the night I have waxed or been under the harsh sun. I also like that it doesn't have much harmful ingredients. As regard for stretch marks, I haven't used it very extensively, but it does smoothen out the surface well & provides the hydration they need. Not that we should expect any product to eliminate them. For those of you wishing to buy it, it's creamy and requires to be rubbed in without much effort. If you're used to a body butter or lotion, it might not be hands on in applying. Since it is for the body, I think it would work with all skin types esp. sensitive, dry rough skin. The smell is pure cocoa, reminds me of when I'm baking my chocolate cake! Soothing is the word for it. :) I own a bottled version, but might prefer the jar because I happen to over or under squeeze out the product once I've reached its half. So one point off for that inconvenience and not being hands on. Otherwise awesome!

on 10/23/2016 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Unfortunately this did not work out in application which was difficult to apply and I believe caused my hands to become itchy later in.

on 10/18/2016 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

In love with the Palmer's Lotion. I use it for my stretch marks it also lightened my body scars and the smell is like chocolate. I used up about 3 bottles a year. You need to try it for yourself to see the difference. Overall will recommend and excellent product pricing wise since I am in South Africa I paid R60 for 500ml bottle.

on 10/13/2016 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really love the tub version of this. It's sorta greasy/oily but I really like it especially after shaving or a hot bath. I have some oils as well that are nice and they're about on par with each other. It doesn't really soak in for a while but it's not horribly slick all night. I often use this in winter under long pajama pants if you want to protect sheets. I also used this a lot on my stretch mark areas in hopes it would help with that as well. No miracles but I think it helps a little. Plus it smells amazing! Sometimes the large tub is hard to find but I would definitely get it again. I often find it at small bodega type beauty shops for a decent price.

This product is amazing! I have very dry, flaky skin (especially on my legs) and have tried literally everything--you name it. Dove Silky, Jergens Ultra Healing lotion, Vaseline petroleum jelly (works fine but too greasy for my liking), Body Shop's body butters (works well too but I feel like it's never fully absorbed, it just sits there on my skin making my skin greasy always), Vaseline intensive lotion & serum, you get it. Oh, and I also tried in-shower moisturizers which are a no-no because they're hard to rinse off and make floor/bathtub very slippery.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter on the other hand, has the perfect consistency; it is thick enough to moisturize my stupidly dry skin but the formulation makes it super easy to be absorbed into my skin. I personally like the scent but at first it might be too overpowering (maybe only to some people, I know my boyfriend doesn't really like it), but it dissipates rather quickly. I would have to say that the scent never really goes away but at the end of the day there's only a slight cocoa smell that's really pleasant.

One con. PACKAGING! I always buy the smaller one for travelling but the lotion is SUPER DIFFICULT to squeeze out, resulting in a decent amount of product wasted. I know they make the pump version but it's not very convenient for travelling. However, I still have mixed feeling about this: I love how the packaging (the original one) helps keep dust and bacteria away whereas if they change it to jar packaging it would be a perfect home for bacteria to breed BUT we wouldn't have to waste so much product. So I don't know.. That's why I'm still giving 5 for overall rating and 3 for packaging. If it weren't for the bacteria I would definitely give the packaging 1 lippy :(