Mary Kay Velocity shine It! Lip Gloss in Caramel Apple

4.1

on 4/19/2004 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am so sad that this was an LE :(!!! It was my ABSOLUTE favorite lip gloss, it tasted JUST like caramel apples, had a STRONG flavor and fragrance (good for da boys ;)!), and it was quite moisturing--check for it on ebay, or i'd be willing to swap for it if you have it :)!!!

This gloss is amazing! I've had it for one day and I feel like I've already used half of it. It smells exactly like caramel apples and the taste is perfect! It leaves a nice shimmery gold colour on the lips and lasts for at least an hour, which normally isn't that good, but I think part of it is because I keep licking my lips. I'm scared to continue using this because I definitely don't want to run out!

My only complaint is the applicator. I normally like the lipgloss pens, but this one just doesn't work for me. I click it a couple times and almost nothing comes out. So I click it once more and TONS comes oozing out.

on 10/4/2003 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a staple in my bag. It is the prettiest carmel gold color, shiny but not too sticky, and best of all, smells and tastes just like carmel apple. No nasty taste here. It never lasts, because I keep nibbling at it, so I can't tell you how long lasting it is. The applicator is a pain though, cause you have very little control over how much comes out. You turn it and turn it, and nothing, then all of a sudden, too much!! But it's so worth it for the smell and taste alone.

on 8/6/2003 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am a Mary Kay Consultant and bought up gobs of these because they are limited edition. I will agree the twist up tube isn't the best thing the world, but I've left it in my truck and never had a problem with it making a mess in the heat. As for the smell and taste, this is my favorite one of the whole lineup. My boyfriend even approves of the taste =)

on 7/3/2003 3:34:00 PM

I really like this. The color goes on nicely, and it smells great! Tastes good too! Just don't leave it in your car in the summer!! meltdown! Would buy again.

on 4/14/2003 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

A delicious gloss! This tastes and smells exactly like carmel apple. Carmel apple is a shimmer pinky beige color that is very natural looking and is not sticky at all. As other posters said, you twist the bottom and the color dispenses through little holes in the top. The first time you use it you have to twist quite a few times to get the color out, but don't quickly twist a bunch of times in a row or too much color will come out. I really want to try the "Very Cherry" also. :)

on 3/22/2003 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

In a word - YUM! The best, truest caramel apple scent and flavor in a lip product yet! These are limited edition, and part of the Velocity line for Spring. Twist-up gloss that dispenses through little holes like Revlon's lip glides. Beautiful color, too - a shimmery, light beige, and the scent and flavor are to die for! Definitely pick these up while they are still around. Also comes in Grape Burst, Orange Rush, Very Cherry, Coconut Creme, Melon Glaze, and Pink Lemonade.

I have just about allthese velocity lip glosses, and think they are all great glosses. Very shiny.. moreso then their other glosses.. and they smell divine! This one is a nude shade and delivers a somewhat sticky, nude, shimmery product to my lips.. it also lasts a long itme! The only reason why I docked a lippie is b/c you see this product type all over the place.. bonne bell, pristege, stilia, etc and they all preform the same.. but at varying prices.. w. this one being on the higher end.. you get a little gloss for a lot of money.. at least it's quality gloss!!

on 1/3/2004 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do like this lipgloss but i have to agree with everyone else the applicator sucks. if this wasn't so expensive for such a little amount i wouldn't complain but to waste so much because of the ooze annoys me.

on 11/18/2003 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this. The color looks great on me (I have blonde hair, hazel eyes, medium skin) and it smells and tastes really good! Just like caramel apples! The smell and color deserve 4 lippies. I didn't like the applicator too much though. You have to click it about 12 times before gloss comes out. When it finally comes out, it comes out wayyyy too much!