Neutrogena Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

Neutrogena Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

3.4

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance 5/29/09

This is a good option, if you are trying to avoid foaming cleansers, but find oil based cleansers too greasy. I have combo oily/dry skin, and don't like the dry/tight feeling I get with most foaming cleansers. Smells great, and removes *light* makeup well. At night, I use this like a cold cream, and rub onto dry skin, and then rinse or remove with a wet washcloth (since I do wear makeup). The menthol feels nice, but can be irritating around the eyes, so use with caution. With cream cleansers, a little goes a long way, and $5.19 for 7 fl. ounces is a good deal!

on 9/5/2016 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first started to break out, I used this once a day before bed. It worked pretty well at the time. But then I compared it to another Neutrogena product and then I didn't bother switching back to this.

on 8/21/2016 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser for around 5 years, and haven't looked anywhere else because it's worked so well for me. No pimples, no redness, simply soft skin. Unsure about the oil control but I've always had only skin so....

I do prefer it without the menthol, but the menthol doesn't bother me too much - I just try and avoid putting it on my eyes! It cleans really well but leaves my skin feeling moisturized (maybe what the other reviewers would refer to as "the residue"), so it's not suitable for someone that is after a squeaky-clean feeling. I am looking for a change though, but haven't found anything that I'm brave enough to try..... anyone have any suggestions?

on 8/21/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product has helped me clear my acne,I have used it for about 3 years. It's great for acne and works well with a cleansing brush as well.

on 4/12/2016 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Heh. This is a tricky product for me to review, because it's really something from a bygone era for me. This scent takes me back to high school, back when I had no money to dabble into the world of makeup.

So, as I was going home to my parent's house and forgot to pack some of my essentials, I saw there was a half-used tube of the cream cleanser and since I really wasn't in the mood to use Cetaphil or a plain bar of soap, I took a chance on it for old time's sake. The fragrance of this cleanser was old-fashioned and comforting. The texture of the cleanser was cushiony and pleasant. I liked the cooling feeling afterwards, even though these days I understand that it may not be good for skin.

Unfortunately, I do have to say my skin was quite dry afterwards and there was an odd film of residue left on my face; I just didn't feel 100% clean. I do remember back when I used this daily (which was years ago) this had negligible effect on my acne and I don't believe that this would have been an effective makeup remover that could take off most foundations. Additionally my skin would become oilier faster which I believe is due to the harsher ingredients that are used in most drug store formulated cleansers.

I think back when I was in high school it *seemed* to be a good cleanser because of the menthol, minty feeling. But that's not true anymore.

In all honesty, I believe most drug-store cleansers are garbage... there might be a few gems in CeraVe, Cetaphil... but again, I also believe in doing research about your skin first of all. Cleansers at their core are supposed to clean your skin - not strip it, cause breakouts/flare-ups, or leave debris/residue after washing your face. Most people would be surprised at how difficult to find a product that's consistently able to fulfill the basics of such, but alas.

My favorite one, for the record, is Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser, but it certainly didn't cure my acne. Prescription-grade ingredients did.

I have normal skin and breakout occasionally. I use this cleanser every other day in the shower after exploitation with the St. Ives scrub. I mainly use this to keep my face in check. I have used this for six years and I think it works well. It even works sometimes as a spot treatment for me! Overall I would recommend this product to someone with relatively normal skin looking to keep minor breakouts at bay.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

3.5 stars. It's okay-ish. It has salicylic acid and a ph of about 3-4 which is what I wanted in a cleanser, and in that it's fine. I usually remove makeup with mineral oil and then cleanse anything remaining with this. I leave it on for about a minute and wash it off. I do feel like the oil gets sufficiently cleaned off. There is a film left, as others have mentioned, but I think that's a good thing - it's not drying up and stripping all the moisture out.

Likes: ph at right level for salicylic acid to exfoliate, cream doesn't feel stripping after using mineral oil

Dislikes: menthol leaves a gross "cooling" sensation, which can end up stinging if I've been lazy and not used mineral oil before. I'm not sure if it's actually having any "deep cleaning" effect, given that it's only on for a minute or so.

If I wasn't using the mineral oil before this I'd have stopped using it! But as my routine stands, it's fine. I've almost finished one tube and have repurchased a second because it was on sale.

on 4/5/2015 9:35:00 AM

I used this Neutrogena product mostly in high school. I remember the cooling sensation of this product. Ultimately, this did not help "deep clean" my pores and I continued to have unmitigated breakouts all throughout high school and I would definitely not recommend this product. There are better products out there for dealing with acne, especially blackouts.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not the worst cleanser I have ever used but not good either.
It seemed to leave a film on my skin and never really cleansed my skin well.
I always had left over makeup and needed a toner after to ensure my skin was clean.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This did not work for me. I have combination skin - Oily/Shiny T-zone and dry tight feeling everywhere else. I thought I would give this ago since my sister liked it. This broke me out pretty bad. I had cystic pimples under the skin and it was really painful. I think it was too harsh for my skin. Even though i get oily, i do feel that my skin is sensitive. It did make my skin feel really clean but it felt like it striped everything off my skin.