Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog

Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog
smoggy flower

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Really nice bronze liquid liner with metallic flecks. Very flattering on my skin tone. But it's definitely not as waterproof as I was expecting. It doesn't smear or run if my eyes well up, it just kind of disappears or wears off around the outer corners of my eyes. (I don't know where it goes!) Easy to touch up though so nbd. I like the long handle because it's easy to control. The tip is a really fine cluster of bristles as opposed to the felt tip I was expecting. I kind of wish that every liquid liner had this type of brush to be honest, because I feel like it deposits the product more evenly and is fine enough to make a super sharp flick.

on 3/24/2015 3:27:00 PM

This is a great product. great color, long lasting. Although the package is deceiving. It looks like the wand would be the smaller part not the tube. ...

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/13/2014 12:23:00 PM

Sephora Canada has stopped carrying UD 24/7 liquid eyeliners as of Sep 2014! :'( This was my HG eyeliner for several years, I love it in this bronze colour, as the formula lasted on my oily eyelids all day (14+ hours when applied with UD Eden eyeshadow primer). I've tried it in black and navy colours as well, but they do not last as long.

I am on hunt for a replacement since there is no easy way to buy this in Canada now, I've read many reviews for oily lids and recently tried Eyeko, Physicians Formula 2-in-1, but none of them compared to UD 24/7 liquid eyeliner.

***POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE***
Then in Shoppers, I noticed GOSH had a liquid eye pen in Bronze, a colour that resembled SMOG and it was $15 so I decided to give it a try. The pointy felt applicator made drawing a cat eye really easy and nice AND it lasted longer than UD 24/7 liquid eyeliner! Did not budge at all until I took it off with some wet Q-tips. I may have found a replacement, but I will continue my search.

***UPDATE***
Good news! I recently found this item has resurfaced on Sephora.ca (Feb 2015) so it can be purchased online now.

As another reviewer mentioned, the old formula and bottle was the best. This version isn't bad but it's so hard to remove. What's up with the packaging? Eventually the container cracks at the seam and dries out the liner. The color is so pretty though. I would buy it again, but I wish they'd fix the packaging.

on 7/12/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used the old version UD liquid eyeliner in Smog, which I really LOVED sooo much. So sad it had been discontinued :[ It really truly lasted whole day even when I was in Vegas in the summer.

Smog is a deep bronze color with black underneath I would say. When you look at the eyeliner itself, it is like a bronze color. But after you apply it, it turns into a somewhat black color with bronze sparks. Very pretty, yet not too bold or boring like plain black eyeliner. And it totally make my dark brown eyes pop somehow :]

Though the new version is kinda weird I think... I believe they have changed the formula. The old version, when you remove it, it would look like a normal eye makeup that just get wiped on the tissue with makeup remover. But the new one, it actually flake?! It is not like the old one, i actually see flake on my face (like mascara) in the middle of the day if i have applied too much. So when removing the new version, you will see flakes on the tissue. And it is pretty much like rubbing it off instead of wiping it off, if you know what i mean. I like the color so much that I will surely repurchase, though I don't like the new formula since I have more concern that the flakes might get into my eyes. So there you go, taking one lippie off for changing the formula! :P

on 11/21/2011 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the color and shimmer of this liner, and the lasting power, but there are a couple of things that are problematic. First, the brush is a bit soft compared to other liquid liners, so it takes a bit more of an expert hand a patience, not good if you're in a hurry. Second, the shape of the bottle is round and wide at the bottom, so the product tends to pool to one side if the liner is on it's side, making it hard to load the brush as the container gets emptied. It looks adorable, but from a practical standpoint, I think there is too much product wasted because of the shape of the container. I also think the liner dries out more quickly because the container seems to hold a lot of air. I said I'd purchase again, just because of the color but the bottle might be a deal breaker next time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a gorgeous color, although I wish it was just a little bit darker because it tends to blend into my eyeshadow sometimes depending on the look I'm doing. That said, I do have problems controlling the brush - probably just because I'm still not that great with liquid liner, having mostly used gel or pencil until now. Hopefully I get the hang of this soon! I probably won't buy this again though, because it *is* quite expensive, and like I said, I'm still having problems with the brush, so I don't get nearly as much use as I could be getting out of it.

on 9/3/2011 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It's soooo hot where I live, not humid so much, but baking heat that makes you sweat, where you get roasted to a turn. Anyhow, this stuff does NOT MOVE! Amazing really. I do not wear mascara for that will melt off my lashes and I not like waterproof mascara, so I just use Smog on my lids, eyeliner, and I love it. I guess for my coloring and eye shape (and lucky with a thick swatch of long lashes) I don't need anything else and the metallic hint of this liner does just enough to call attention to my eyes and I look fully made up.

I love it and plan on purchasing other colors. I am a high school teacher and am subjected to the harsh criticism of my students on a daily basis. The girls always want to know my products, they love them and I do not feel over made up trying to look like something I am not, YOUNG....hahaha...it's great stuff. Try it!

on 5/28/2011 11:16:00 PM

I like this color for my hazel eyes. The gold sparkles in it compliment their color. I don't feel it made them pop, but still nice however.

Sometimes I put the liner on to get the cat-eye look, with the liner winged out on the sides. But the liner in the crease of my eyelid rubs off. The glitter does seem to fall a bit onto my face after the liner dries. The liner is also not waterproof, which sucks.

But besides that, it lasts all day for me without flaking off (unless I've layered the liner too much trying to fix mistakes). And works pretty good on my slightly oily lids. No smudging.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is a quality liquid liner. Beautiful color, long wearing. Just not too sure about the packaging, wondering if I'll be able to get all the product out.