Clairol Herbal Essences Body Wash

3.7

I really love these, especially the "Hello Hydration" scent. Smells incredible, gets me clean and fresh and doesn't aggravate or cause acne. Actually might help with chest and back breakouts. Great for summer. Also very affordable, I paid less than $3 bucks at the drugstore. Definite repurchase and actually might replace my expensive Whole Foods body washes.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I've collected all of these, and being a drugstore shower gel containing SLS, don't expect anything miraculous. Not to say they are garbage but for the price, it serves as a sensual up-lifter as intended. The best ones for long lasting scent were the honey (yellow bottle) and the coconut (blue bottle). However my favorite which is a throwback to the original scents is the rose (hot pink bottle) but the scent fades very quickly :(

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Picked this up at Wal-Mart when in desperate need for a body wash with low expectations, but I ended up really liking it. I got "hello hydration" but I don't smell much "coconut essence" but I think it smells really nice. The scent really lingers. I was surprised I could still smell it on my skin 30 minutes after I had showered and also impressed that it does seem a little hydrating. I really didn't think it was creamy enough to be moisturizing. It leathers nice and makes me feel clean without that dried out feeling or a gross film. I'd but again.

on 2/13/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have the totally twisted berry essence body wash...I love the smell and it definitely gets me clean. It also smells up the whole bathroom when I shower with it. unfortunately, the downside is that this body wash totally dries my skin out...it's extremely dry and tight after I get out of the shower. I would mainly recommend this for very oily skin or for people with body acne. The packaging also kind of sucks...it comes with a push down to open snap cap and a lot of times it's hard to get it open.

on 12/14/2014 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is for the Happy Go Lather scent: For a body wash that can be purchased at under $5, it does clean pretty well and smells good, so I feel like the money isn't wasted, even if it is a tiny expense. If I do have one issue, it's that the scent, while very nice coming out of the bottle, makes me smell very perfume-y after washing with it. Other than that, a good value if you're on a budget. Just the same, I probably wouldn't use it again, unless I were in a pinch. There are much better choices.

on 11/4/2014 1:41:00 PM

I bought this in Happy Go Lather scent because it's supposed to smell like roses. I love roses, I grow roses. Some of them smell like baby powder, some like cloves, some have a scent that I can't describe-this doesn't smell like ANY rose I know of. It's an OK wash-not very drying, not very moisturizing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

HONEY I SMELL GOOD ! OMG yes..... 100000 times yes this smells so good. Doesn't breakout my back or chest, such a pleasant smell AND its cheap and you can find it anywhere. Just get it guys!

on 7/18/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I literally don't know what made this work. But, okay, so I've had noninflamed acne on my chest and back for several years now. I had tried SO many things (as with my face, but I've found an amazing product for that). And any time something would work, it would stop working after a pretty short amount of time. I had given up for the past year or two, honestly. So in my bathroom I'd just been usng whatever to clean my body. Then I ran out of whatever I was using and so when I went to the store, I was just gonna try something on whim. And I found that Herbal Essences has started making body washes. I'm OBSESSED with their fragrances so I was like why not. It was super economical, too. I used it for a bit in the summer, and my skin was smooth. So when I was moving into college, I bought this again to use at school. And I'm still using it. Because it's literally the only thing that keeps me consistently clear. And it doesn't bleach anything, and I don't have to break my back putting an ointment on or anything ridiculous. What I do is wash breakout-prone areas with this every time I shower, twice. I found it's pretty necessary to shower every day (lol at college laziness/business), and it'll keep doing it's thing. Noninflamed acne (blackheads and whiteheads) are weirdly hard to get rid of, so I'm actually just genuinely unsure as to why this works. I used to try products randomly thinking maybe some rando magic ingredient in this will work. And for my face, at least, I find that rational science wins. But this, this is that one rare thing.

UPDATE: Uh... right now it's 6/27/16, but I stopped using this a while ago because it stopped working. I think my skin reacts weirdly depending on the water or air of a place, and maybe the California air just wasn't working with this. I literally have no clue why this worked when it did, but it doesn't anymore :/.

on 3/24/2014 12:40:00 PM

i have been using this every day for 2 weeks . i like the sent.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff smelled delightful, but dried out my skin and didn't clean as well as I would've liked it to.