L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Green
L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum
L'oreal Smooth Intense Anti Frizz SerumSmooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.2

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

They must've rerereleased this, because the bottle I bought is clear with an opalescent finish and a pink nozzle bit. The name is the same though, so my review goes here.

I have thick, barely wavy hair that poofs up like a balloon when it's humid outside. This in combination with Tresemme's anti frizz spray has kept my hair looking much more well-behaved and sleeker after I've blow dried it straight. I can see the difference right away when I apply it to dry hair. It goes instantly shiny and softer at once. It doesn't do much in the way of taming those tiny flyaway hairs around your part. Haven't tried it on wet hair yet (that's what I use the Tresemme for).

It smells lightly of watermelon. The smell doesn't linger. The viscosity is on the runny side, not very sticky and washes off your hands easily, unlike many hair oils. I seem to be going through it rather quickly though (near-daily use).

on 4/10/2008 9:49:00 AM

i have to agree with the other reviewers that it smells great but doesn't do much to help frizz. i bought it at a beauty sale so i didn't pay full price for it, otherwise i would've been more unhappy with this product.

on 2/15/2008 11:43:00 PM

The reviewers here are right, this product smells nice, but doesn't control frizz or tame flyaways. If you want great smelling hair, without any other benefit, this is it. No wonder it is being discontinued.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I am so in love with this stuff...I have curly very frizzy hair that I striaghten with my Chi blow dryer...I don't even have to iron it when I use this stuff my hair is so light not weighed down whatsoever. it's $3 at Ulta and it's amazing! Before this I was using products by Tigi,Aveda and Frederic Fekkai...this stuff beats everything

on 7/9/2006 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only anti-frizz product that works for me. I initially rubbed a dime sized amount into my hair, which didn't do much good; but, 3 or 4 good squirts of the stuff takes about 95% of the frizzies away.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this serum after reading all the good reviews. After using it I am left confused and wondering what all the excitement is about??? It did nothing, I mean nothing, for my hair at all. No shine, no diminished frizz and no additional softness. I may as well just have used water. The consistancy is thin and watery and the pump leaks. Will not repurchase.

on 3/7/2006 3:19:00 AM

I bought this seeing the rave reviews on MUA--I am SO glad I did! I have been using this now for about 2 months and have learned how to maximize my results with this product. I work 2 pumps of the serum into my wet hair before towel drying. Then blow dry and flat iron. (The serum is NOT necessary or even optimal if you plan to air dry your hair--didn't do much for me other than flatten the volume.) After a few days of using the product, and especially after a week, I noticed my hair was really dull and flat from the buildup. It seems like the oil in the serum doesn't break down with normal shampoo/water and stays in your hair until you chemically remove it! To do that, I used a clarifying shampoo from Suave (another MUA recommendation!) which cleared the buildup off my hair. So, I would definitely recommend the L'Oreal vive serum but it MUST be used in tandem with a strong clarifying shampoo every few applications. (Otherwise you will have mousy, drab hair like you have never seen!) Oh also--took off one lippie for packaging since the bottle leaked in my makeup bag on an overnight trip... yuck! But the smoothness of my hair makes it totally worth it!

on 12/28/2005 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just started using this a week or so ago after sorting through the reviews here and deciding that it was worth a shot. I'm SO glad that I came here and read reviews before purchasing 'cause I don't think that I would've even looked at this product 'cause I've never used any of L'Oreal's products before. This stuff is AMAZING. I use one pump right after I towel dry my hair and when my hair dries, it feels silky and smooth and it's vibrant-looking. I've short, thick, naturally wavy hair that tends to be dry and this is absolutely perfect. I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/26/2005 6:19:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT.GREAT QUALITY.I was looking for something which does not weight my thin hair and makes them soft and shiny.This is the best anti-frizz product , which smells very neutral.Hair feels very natural like you never used any product at all.
It does not weight hair down and makes them shiny and very soft.Highly recommended for everybody with frizzy and thin hair.Suitable for greasy hair as well(suprise!!!).

on 12/21/2005 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hm ... I think this stuff is just ... okay. I've had it for a couple of weeks and have been using it every day, so I'm going to keep trying it. I had been using the Kerastase Oleo-Relax serum, which I guess is supposed to be similar. I like the results I get with the Oleo-Relax a lot better (more shine, makes hair silkier/more manageable), and I find I have to use a *lot* more of the L'Oreal version than I did of the Kerastase to see results. (I have thick, somewhat coarse, highlighted hair that has a natural wave/curl and a fair amount of frizz). The Kerastase version is a lot thicker - this is really thin/watery and doesn't smell as good to me. Not sure if I would repurchase - the jury's still out for me. Am planning to switch shampoo/conditioner soon, so will see if that makes a difference for me.