L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Black
L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum
L'oreal Smooth Intense Anti Frizz SerumSmooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.1

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The only thing I like about it is the smell. The effect only lasts for 30 mins max. Then the frizz came back

on 12/14/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this several months ago, when I was looking for a serum that would smooth down my hair, and prevent flyaways. It was a little expensive though, but I heard good things about this product, which made me think it would be worth a shot.

First off, my hair is silky straight in its natural state, far from unruly, but also not perfect (My left side tends to be slightly fluffy because of the layers I have, while my right side is stick straight). I've never gone for any chemical treatments, with the exception of recently dyeing my hair dark reddish-brown. My hair is naturally thick, voluminous (which I dislike) and prone to flyaways at the crown of my head, in addition to looking like a lion's mane when I wake up in the morning.

So far, I've tried other products (olive oil, Herbal Essence, Dove) which have left me unsatisfied due to the 'side effects'. I.E. Itchy scalp, dandruff, hair fall and dryness.

Packaging: Slightly inconvenient, I don't know if it's just me, but I find the cap difficult to put on and take off (That may be due to my small child-like hands, lol)
Price: RM 30+ at Watsons. Not really budget friendly. Picked it up on discount, about RM 25. Still cheaper than other alternatives.
Life span: It does last a while though..approximately 2-3 months (or more) for me considering I only use it after I wash my hair or when I need to, not everyday.
Scent: I personally like the scent of this product. It does fade away after a while though, so if you're not a fan, no worries.
How I use it: On damp/dry hair. I'll either blow dry it or let it air dry and it works fine either way.
Performance: Eliminates frizz (in the lion mane mornings), smooths my hair down, makes my hair shinier and straighter (if I flat iron it). My hair felt softer and more manageable, which is great. Didn't cause itchiness, oiliness or damage to my hair (which is fantastic!). As for getting rid of flyaways, it only works for me if I blow dry my hair after applying. It doesn't work if I air dry it.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase, and I would buy it again despite the price :)

on 9/27/2013 1:52:00 AM

I really liked this product. It had a great amount for the price. It smells good. It makes my hair really soft. BUT, my next day hair would smell like chemicals for some reason. I have been trying to figure out if it was my conditioner or this, but I have finished my conditioner long time ago. And I just figured that it was the serum that made my hair stink. I usually put it on my hair when my hair is damp. I dont know if it was because of that. I would try to put it on my dry hair and see what happens.

on 6/4/2013 7:53:00 PM

I hate this product so much. My hair is oily at the roots and dry at the ends so I only use it from the middle down. Now I have to say that it smells amazing and I love the little pump bottle and consistency of the liquid. However it does nothing to ease the frizz in my hair and just makes it look greasy. I've tried using less but that just does nothing for the frizz. The only thing nice is that my hair ends up smelling amazing, but looking like crap. Gimmicky and not worth the price.

on 3/1/2013 7:49:00 AM

I've used L'oreal hair products from this range before and have been quite pleased. It's only until recently I found my hair to be quite frizzy so I started looking around for reviews of a good hair serum online, then I came across this and decided to buy it! So glad I did! During the first few days of application it did nothing more than giving my hair a nice smell. However, after a week or so, there is a noticeable difference in the condition of my hair! (So please, do not give up after a few days!) Also, it doesn't leave my hair feeling oily or anything after 2 pumps of this serum. I bought this in a drug store in Singapore for around SGD10 during a promotion. It's totally worth it for something which works and gives a nice scent, in my opinion :D

on 7/22/2012 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have dull, dry, long black hair and when I use this my hair becomes shiny and not frizzy. I used this for my highschool prom, and my hair stays shiny, neat and smooth the whole night and I didn't use hairspray that much.

on 9/15/2011 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I used to have long glossy hair till I went and cut it short and I realised what FRIZZ means!!! I also moved to Dubai and its humid out here! I got this after being forced by a friend....and I just love it! It comes in a lockable pump bottle..so u can get just t right amount of product and I can carry it whenever I travel without worrying about spillage. The serum itself is light and feels lyk an oil but after u apply it to your hair, it won't feel oily at all...just easy to control! I can reduce frizz a lot for my thick asian hair so I would suggest it to others...the only downside is that my hair feels greasy within a day n a half...(maybe my oily scalp? or t humidity? don't know...). Its not that pricey either.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I use two coin-sized amounts for my wavy hair that's just past the shoulders. It's much better than applying tons of moisturising conditioner in the shower and risking product build-up on my scalp, which almost always causes my scalp to itch.
My hair feels soft, smoother and more manageable, there are fewer tangles and he ends aren't as frizzy or dry. Plus I've always had a problem with little baby hairs standing up and curling just on the top and sides of my forehead. The serum takes care of that pretty well and there's no oily residue, in fact there's actually a little shine.
The only problem is that the effect doesn't last 48 hours as the label claims, but it's so cheap (less than $4 in India) that I don't mind applying this every day. It washes out easily too.
I haven't tried styling my hair with this - I just shampoo, condition, scrunch dry and apply the serum. I'm too lazy to use the blow dryer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Update 12/5/09 - I've been trying out serums lately and while this one is great, I've found a couple others that work a bit better(especially when mixed with Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Glaze) - namely Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine and Frizz Ease Extra Strength. Plus the L'oreal is hard to find anymore.

Original review:
I must have hit my head on something the day I stopped using this stuff. Why? Oh yeah - internet myths. >_< As in - cones are "bad", Pantene/drugstore products are evil, shampoo is bad for your hair and scalp, etc. Now after trying everything else(that SUCKED to be honest), I'm back to finding what **MY** hair likes. And this serum is one of those things. :-)

My hair is shoulder length, naturally curly, baby fine, and prone to frizz. I "re-discovered" this line(the shampoo, cond, and serum) hiding in the back of my closet(product graveyard). I used to use this line - alternating with Pantene and Infusium - about 5 years ago when my hair was WAIST length, chemically treated, and dyed. It should have been a mess, but it was beautiful and silky. Especially when I used the Smooth Intense line of products. Now that my hair is natural(and curly), I use this when I want to wear it wavy.

I just shampoo, cond, use a bit of the cond as a leave-in(pea-size dollop mixed w/water), then the coordinating serum. Put my hair up in a bun or 2. When I take it down I have soft, smooth, SILKY, shiny waves that are 100% tangle free. O_O

My only compaint is that I haven't seen the serum around my area lately so I may have to search for it. But being the PJ that I am, I'll probably just end up using something else instead. Would repurchase.

on 7/14/2009 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this serum for being so good and so affordable at around $16, for people with terrible frizzy hair like mine. It comes in a translucent pump bottle, making it so convenient. A small bottle that lasted me months and months, making it so value for money and easy for travel purposes. The oil remains on my hands for a while, but it's not a big problem for me, as I have the habit of washing hands after my beauty regime. What matters is that the anti-frizz effect always lasts me through the day, making my hair so soft that I like to play with it. Oil/serum form is also known to be good for locking in water, as wet hair is actually extremely weak and vulnerable. I only stopped using this after I found the Asience Shampoo, which is so effective, it makes any after shampoo product redundant. I will definitely buy this again if I do stop following Asience.

Popular Styling Products