L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

Filtered by hair type : Other
L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum
L'oreal Smooth Intense Anti Frizz SerumSmooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

on 9/27/2016 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I didn't even finish using this. It did nothing.

They must've rerereleased this, because the bottle I bought is clear with an opalescent finish and a pink nozzle bit. The name is the same though, so my review goes here.

I have thick, barely wavy hair that poofs up like a balloon when it's humid outside. This in combination with Tresemme's anti frizz spray has kept my hair looking much more well-behaved and sleeker after I've blow dried it straight. I can see the difference right away when I apply it to dry hair. It goes instantly shiny and softer at once. It doesn't do much in the way of taming those tiny flyaway hairs around your part. Haven't tried it on wet hair yet (that's what I use the Tresemme for).

It smells lightly of watermelon. The smell doesn't linger. The viscosity is on the runny side, not very sticky and washes off your hands easily, unlike many hair oils. I seem to be going through it rather quickly though (near-daily use).

on 7/22/2012 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have dull, dry, long black hair and when I use this my hair becomes shiny and not frizzy. I used this for my highschool prom, and my hair stays shiny, neat and smooth the whole night and I didn't use hairspray that much.

on 10/31/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

L'Oreal recently re-released this product under the name 'Nutri-Sleek Anti Frizz Serum' and it's the exact same thing. I used to use the Smooth Intense version and LOVED it and was disappointed to see they had discontinued it. I'm so glad they brought this product out again and I hope they won't let us down this time. I love love love this serum so much. I apply a drop before blow drying and another drop after. It makes my dry and frizzy hair intensely smooth. I run my fingers through my hair multiple times a day and it really stays tangle free all day. My hair also looks shiner, just overall better. I feel like I'm back to my original, untreated, baby Asian hair. The bottle is small but inexpensive (around CAN$7) and it will probably last a long time. Completely worth it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Update 12/5/09 - I've been trying out serums lately and while this one is great, I've found a couple others that work a bit better(especially when mixed with Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Glaze) - namely Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine and Frizz Ease Extra Strength. Plus the L'oreal is hard to find anymore.

Original review:
I must have hit my head on something the day I stopped using this stuff. Why? Oh yeah - internet myths. >_< As in - cones are "bad", Pantene/drugstore products are evil, shampoo is bad for your hair and scalp, etc. Now after trying everything else(that SUCKED to be honest), I'm back to finding what **MY** hair likes. And this serum is one of those things. :-)

My hair is shoulder length, naturally curly, baby fine, and prone to frizz. I "re-discovered" this line(the shampoo, cond, and serum) hiding in the back of my closet(product graveyard). I used to use this line - alternating with Pantene and Infusium - about 5 years ago when my hair was WAIST length, chemically treated, and dyed. It should have been a mess, but it was beautiful and silky. Especially when I used the Smooth Intense line of products. Now that my hair is natural(and curly), I use this when I want to wear it wavy.

I just shampoo, cond, use a bit of the cond as a leave-in(pea-size dollop mixed w/water), then the coordinating serum. Put my hair up in a bun or 2. When I take it down I have soft, smooth, SILKY, shiny waves that are 100% tangle free. O_O

My only compaint is that I haven't seen the serum around my area lately so I may have to search for it. But being the PJ that I am, I'll probably just end up using something else instead. Would repurchase.

on 6/22/2008 12:34:00 PM

The serum smell good but it doesn't deliver good results. it does help in anti-frizz but it doesn't last long and it doesn't really moisture my hair.

on 2/15/2008 11:43:00 PM

The reviewers here are right, this product smells nice, but doesn't control frizz or tame flyaways. If you want great smelling hair, without any other benefit, this is it. No wonder it is being discontinued.

on 1/28/2007 6:21:00 PM

Like most other poeple, i think that this is the best serum ever! I started using it after i read in a magazine that Ken Paves uses this on Eva Longoria. I love her hair so i tried it right away .. I loved it! I can't believe that they d/s it! i think that we should start a petition or soemthing so that they will bring it back because no other serum does the job like this one. UPDATE:I suggest that anyone who loves this serum try Thermasilk leave in conditioner.. i think i like it better then this serum now.

I really wanted to love this product, but this sadly did not work for my hair. Even one pump (rather than 2) weighed down my fine hair so badly that it made it look greasy, dirty and limp. It didn't completely knock out the frizzies, either. Would not repurchase for my hair type.

on 8/4/2006 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this based on all the rave reviews here as an alternative to Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz serum, which has been my staple for 2 years. All I can say is that this product was a HUGE zero for me. I have thick, coarse, wavy hair and I am always looking for anti-frizz products that allow me to blow-dry my hair into a sleek "Mod Squad" do. Unfortunately, this product does nothing to deliver that dream. It seems to be like the Garnier product--same consistency but less "oily" but the results are far inferior. I had a LOT of difficulty blow-drying into my straight style, and my hair ended up with even more poufiness and body than normal! Also, the price is on the high side for a DS hair product (about 7 euro) compared to Garnier. I had to smooth some Garner S&S into my hair about half-way through my blow-drying just to salvage at least some of the styling effort I put in. Needless to say, I won't be buying this again, and will stick to Sleek & Shine while I continue my search for the "perfect" hair smoother.

Popular Styling Products