L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

Filtered by skin type : Oily
L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum
L'oreal Smooth Intense Anti Frizz SerumSmooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.7

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

on 12/14/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this several months ago, when I was looking for a serum that would smooth down my hair, and prevent flyaways. It was a little expensive though, but I heard good things about this product, which made me think it would be worth a shot.

First off, my hair is silky straight in its natural state, far from unruly, but also not perfect (My left side tends to be slightly fluffy because of the layers I have, while my right side is stick straight). I've never gone for any chemical treatments, with the exception of recently dyeing my hair dark reddish-brown. My hair is naturally thick, voluminous (which I dislike) and prone to flyaways at the crown of my head, in addition to looking like a lion's mane when I wake up in the morning.

So far, I've tried other products (olive oil, Herbal Essence, Dove) which have left me unsatisfied due to the 'side effects'. I.E. Itchy scalp, dandruff, hair fall and dryness.

Packaging: Slightly inconvenient, I don't know if it's just me, but I find the cap difficult to put on and take off (That may be due to my small child-like hands, lol)
Price: RM 30+ at Watsons. Not really budget friendly. Picked it up on discount, about RM 25. Still cheaper than other alternatives.
Life span: It does last a while though..approximately 2-3 months (or more) for me considering I only use it after I wash my hair or when I need to, not everyday.
Scent: I personally like the scent of this product. It does fade away after a while though, so if you're not a fan, no worries.
How I use it: On damp/dry hair. I'll either blow dry it or let it air dry and it works fine either way.
Performance: Eliminates frizz (in the lion mane mornings), smooths my hair down, makes my hair shinier and straighter (if I flat iron it). My hair felt softer and more manageable, which is great. Didn't cause itchiness, oiliness or damage to my hair (which is fantastic!). As for getting rid of flyaways, it only works for me if I blow dry my hair after applying. It doesn't work if I air dry it.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase, and I would buy it again despite the price :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought this to combat frizziness, esp in the summer months. I like the smell, it dispenses easily from the bottle, and it's working for me. I don't have any frizziness since I started using it. I use 2 pumps on my hair, wet from the shower. Then I towel my hair & dry it.

So far, the only drawback is, my hair seems very flat when I use it. It's a lot softer though, so I think I can live with the flatness s the huge pouf I usually have in July. I'm going to read through the other reviews, maybe I should be applying it to dry or damp hair.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I use two coin-sized amounts for my wavy hair that's just past the shoulders. It's much better than applying tons of moisturising conditioner in the shower and risking product build-up on my scalp, which almost always causes my scalp to itch.
My hair feels soft, smoother and more manageable, there are fewer tangles and he ends aren't as frizzy or dry. Plus I've always had a problem with little baby hairs standing up and curling just on the top and sides of my forehead. The serum takes care of that pretty well and there's no oily residue, in fact there's actually a little shine.
The only problem is that the effect doesn't last 48 hours as the label claims, but it's so cheap (less than $4 in India) that I don't mind applying this every day. It washes out easily too.
I haven't tried styling my hair with this - I just shampoo, condition, scrunch dry and apply the serum. I'm too lazy to use the blow dryer.

on 7/24/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Great frizz fighter. Not at all sticky or goopy like many of the other serums I've tried. I can use it on damp or dry hair, and I often mix it with a creme conditioner if I want more conditioning. Been through many bottles of this stuff.

on 8/4/2006 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this based on all the rave reviews here as an alternative to Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz serum, which has been my staple for 2 years. All I can say is that this product was a HUGE zero for me. I have thick, coarse, wavy hair and I am always looking for anti-frizz products that allow me to blow-dry my hair into a sleek "Mod Squad" do. Unfortunately, this product does nothing to deliver that dream. It seems to be like the Garnier product--same consistency but less "oily" but the results are far inferior. I had a LOT of difficulty blow-drying into my straight style, and my hair ended up with even more poufiness and body than normal! Also, the price is on the high side for a DS hair product (about 7 euro) compared to Garnier. I had to smooth some Garner S&S into my hair about half-way through my blow-drying just to salvage at least some of the styling effort I put in. Needless to say, I won't be buying this again, and will stick to Sleek & Shine while I continue my search for the "perfect" hair smoother.

on 9/23/2005 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a hair straightener to replace my Nioxin one and i decided to give this a try based on the reviews on MUA. I thought it would only tame the frizzies but it actually did a great job in straightening my hair, better than everything i've used so far! It makes my hair extremely soft, manageable, shiny, and i also love the smell.
Very good product, i will repurchase

Eyes: Violet

The only beef I have with this is the bottle design in that it is hard to control the amount you get out when you push the dispenser down. However, that said, I think that this is a really terrific product that smells nice, doesn't weigh hair down and really smooths the hair, while keeping frizzies at bay! I haven't tried the pricier Kerastase version, but some say it is identical in performance to this one and others say not. However, why spend the extra dough to get the Kerastase when this one is very inexpensive and works so well? Think I will stick with this one!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have relaxed and colored hair and I love this product!!! I put it on after I blowdry my hair, before I flat iron it, and I always get excellent results. My hair looks so much better now, straighter, and a bit shinier. I don't have to worry about moisture in the air after rain, because this will keep my hair from frizzing. I keep buying more bottles.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this. This is the only hair serum I have found that doesn't make my hair a greasy, flat mess. I have normal, untreated healthy hair but wanted a product to use for heat styling. Just one or two pumps is enough for my below shoulder length hair. I apply it before blow drying from the mid-shaft to the ends. I blow dry and voila- smooth, incredibly shiny hair that is not weighed down. I also slather it on when I put my hair up or overnight for a treatment and my hair is always silky soft, easy to comb, greaseless and weightless. I also love the scent and the price is fabulous-only six bucks! This is the only hair serum I will ever use. I highly recommend it.

on 1/2/2005 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Such a great product, not so great smell. But I can deal with that because the outcome is always pretty good. This does a good job keeping frizz at bay during the winter; however, my hair is a mess during the summer, soo thick and frizzy, and I know that nothing will ever keep it smooth and straight in the summer (although if you have an HG that might help me, let me know!!) Anyways, the pump is good, only gives a little amount...if you don't like the smell, mix it with something (i love using Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Shine Serum) to get better results. I will probably purchase again.