L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum
L'oreal Smooth Intense Anti Frizz SerumSmooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.3

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

I buy a second bottle of this hair serum, which looks exactly the same as the one in the photo and it is manufactured in Indonesia/Thailand. The shampoo and conditioner are made in Indonesia as well. The performance of this serum is quite average, ie, it tames most of the frizz and makes my hair soft and shinier compared with non using it. As I have mentioned in most of my reviews on other products, I have very frizzy and messy hair which is not easy to tame despite I must use conditioner after shampooing my hair. Serum which is too rich will cause my hair feel sticky and stiff and somehow re-activate the frizziness, whilst serum which is too light and runny will not be able to erase the frizz and even though it does, the effect will not last long (at least one day please).
The texture of this serum is quite light and runny and the scent of it is not offensive, just a little bit chemical smell like the matching shampoo and conditioner. It combines argan oil and camelina seed oil which are rich in fatty acids and they benefit dry and frizzy hair. It works quite well, easy to spread on palms before apply on hair and the pump makes you easily control on the usage and amount of serum that you want. The use of 4 five pumps of this serum does not weigh down my hair at all (before using this serum, I have to additionally apply The Body Shop Beautifying Oil which in my view, it is a must in my hair care routine by keeping my hair moisture and shine). After blow dry, my hair looks neat and tame and most of the crazy flyways have disappeared and lesser tangles.
The availability of this product is high as you can easily find it in Guardian, Watsons, supermarkets unlike some of the imported L'oreal Expert Liss Ultime/Absolut Repair hair serum (made in Spain) which are only available in their exclusive saloons/online stores or overseas countries.
It is overall an average performance serum if you analyse it on its price for a 100ml contain, availability, and it can last for months! Worth giving it a try although there are still alot of high end brands out there which might perform better/ worse than this. Sometimes how well and effective a hair serum perform on someone's hair, is closely related to the user's hair condition (fine/dry/damaged hair, coloured, heat using and the difference of hair care routine).

I bought this leave in serum after I read a couple of reviews about it on MUA. I must say my expectations were veryy high and this product failed me big time. It comes in a nice packaging and smells wonderful. It has a watery consistency though slightly thicker. Whenever I use this product, it weighs my fine, damaged, rough and dry hair down. It does not reduce my frizz or lessen fly aways. My comb doesn't glide through my hair smoothly as is promised. I guess it might work for thicker hair but it was a huge disappointment on mine. Still looking for a nice detangler or leave-in conditioner. What multiplied my sense of disappointment was the pricey cost of the product that offered very little product itself. (Poor quantity as well as quality)

on 12/28/2014 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I have an unruly, frizzy, treated, dry, and very voluminous hair-- imagine, it's almost always a "bad hair day" for me! I decided to have a pixie cut which worsened the situation and made the frizz and fly-aways more apparent. Thus, I opted to try a less harsh approach and looked for hair serums and luckily found this. I apply this product in my sorta damp and towel dried hair, and I must say it does magic! My hair now looks smooth, silky, behaved, and less voluminous. If I really need to look sleek, I use around 5 pumps on the sides and back of my hair and it does the trick. Also, like some of the reviewers mentioned, if it doesn't work in one application, give it a week and you will see the difference. I've been using this since May 2014 and I can see the drastic improvement in my hair. I highly recommend this product! I don't really like writing reviews about beauty products because I believe that effects of such products really vary per individual, however, I feel thankful to this product for allowing me experience my greatest hair day moments! It's essential to me, I couldn't imagine my hair without it.

i love this serum so much. i use this on damp or dry hair before i go to work or while at it. it smells really nice, literally controls the frizz, which i have a lot due to heat damage, and it doesn't weigh down my hair. my hair feels soft and looks shiny but not oily. i love it so much and would def purchase again!

on 1/12/2014 1:53:00 AM

I really like this product! Not the best thing ever, but it does the job with a affordable price tag. This serum is very light weight and DOES NOT weigh my thin hair down at all. Adds shine and makes hair soft.

I have no idea how this product worked on anyone hairs! I got the product because of these reviews and after I used it a couple of times I took it back. It did nothing for my hair.

on 9/27/2013 1:52:00 AM

I really liked this product. It had a great amount for the price. It smells good. It makes my hair really soft. BUT, my next day hair would smell like chemicals for some reason. I have been trying to figure out if it was my conditioner or this, but I have finished my conditioner long time ago. And I just figured that it was the serum that made my hair stink. I usually put it on my hair when my hair is damp. I dont know if it was because of that. I would try to put it on my dry hair and see what happens.

on 9/19/2013 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have thick hair that is quite frizzy. I thought I'd give this a try as a cheaper alternative to MoroccanOil. Yes, it smells great and the packaging is very good, too, but this did absolutely nothing for my frizz. I only pumped a tiny bit and it still made my hair look greasy, unwashed, and just as frizzy as it usually is.

Absolutely hands down the best hair serum I have ever tried. I have tried A LOT of hair serums and oils- from Frizz Ease to high end like Ojon, Aveda, Alterna Caviar.... I keep coming back to this product and now I'm sticking with it. I have long fine hair but a lot if it and it gets dry on the ends. This keeps it shiny soft and in tip top condition. I do really like Moroccan oil but this is on a par with it- better in terms of performance but I just love the MO smell so much! I spend out on my products in general but no need with this gem!

They must've rerereleased this, because the bottle I bought is clear with an opalescent finish and a pink nozzle bit. The name is the same though, so my review goes here.

I have thick, barely wavy hair that poofs up like a balloon when it's humid outside. This in combination with Tresemme's anti frizz spray has kept my hair looking much more well-behaved and sleeker after I've blow dried it straight. I can see the difference right away when I apply it to dry hair. It goes instantly shiny and softer at once. It doesn't do much in the way of taming those tiny flyaway hairs around your part. Haven't tried it on wet hair yet (that's what I use the Tresemme for).

It smells lightly of watermelon. The smell doesn't linger. The viscosity is on the runny side, not very sticky and washes off your hands easily, unlike many hair oils. I seem to be going through it rather quickly though (near-daily use).

Popular Styling Products