L'Oreal Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum
L'oreal Smooth Intense Anti Frizz SerumSmooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.1

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

I buy a second bottle of this hair serum, which looks exactly the same as the one in the photo and it is manufactured in Indonesia/Thailand. The shampoo and conditioner are made in Indonesia as well. The performance of this serum is quite average, ie, it tames most of the frizz and makes my hair soft and shinier compared with non using it. As I have mentioned in most of my reviews on other products, I have very frizzy and messy hair which is not easy to tame despite I must use conditioner after shampooing my hair. Serum which is too rich will cause my hair feel sticky and stiff and somehow re-activate the frizziness, whilst serum which is too light and runny will not be able to erase the frizz and even though it does, the effect will not last long (at least one day please).
The texture of this serum is quite light and runny and the scent of it is not offensive, just a little bit chemical smell like the matching shampoo and conditioner. It combines argan oil and camelina seed oil which are rich in fatty acids and they benefit dry and frizzy hair. It works quite well, easy to spread on palms before apply on hair and the pump makes you easily control on the usage and amount of serum that you want. The use of 4 five pumps of this serum does not weigh down my hair at all (before using this serum, I have to additionally apply The Body Shop Beautifying Oil which in my view, it is a must in my hair care routine by keeping my hair moisture and shine). After blow dry, my hair looks neat and tame and most of the crazy flyways have disappeared and lesser tangles.
The availability of this product is high as you can easily find it in Guardian, Watsons, supermarkets unlike some of the imported L'oreal Expert Liss Ultime/Absolut Repair hair serum (made in Spain) which are only available in their exclusive saloons/online stores or overseas countries.
It is overall an average performance serum if you analyse it on its price for a 100ml contain, availability, and it can last for months! Worth giving it a try although there are still alot of high end brands out there which might perform better/ worse than this. Sometimes how well and effective a hair serum perform on someone's hair, is closely related to the user's hair condition (fine/dry/damaged hair, coloured, heat using and the difference of hair care routine).

i love this serum so much. i use this on damp or dry hair before i go to work or while at it. it smells really nice, literally controls the frizz, which i have a lot due to heat damage, and it doesn't weigh down my hair. my hair feels soft and looks shiny but not oily. i love it so much and would def purchase again!

on 12/14/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this several months ago, when I was looking for a serum that would smooth down my hair, and prevent flyaways. It was a little expensive though, but I heard good things about this product, which made me think it would be worth a shot.

First off, my hair is silky straight in its natural state, far from unruly, but also not perfect (My left side tends to be slightly fluffy because of the layers I have, while my right side is stick straight). I've never gone for any chemical treatments, with the exception of recently dyeing my hair dark reddish-brown. My hair is naturally thick, voluminous (which I dislike) and prone to flyaways at the crown of my head, in addition to looking like a lion's mane when I wake up in the morning.

So far, I've tried other products (olive oil, Herbal Essence, Dove) which have left me unsatisfied due to the 'side effects'. I.E. Itchy scalp, dandruff, hair fall and dryness.

Packaging: Slightly inconvenient, I don't know if it's just me, but I find the cap difficult to put on and take off (That may be due to my small child-like hands, lol)
Price: RM 30+ at Watsons. Not really budget friendly. Picked it up on discount, about RM 25. Still cheaper than other alternatives.
Life span: It does last a while though..approximately 2-3 months (or more) for me considering I only use it after I wash my hair or when I need to, not everyday.
Scent: I personally like the scent of this product. It does fade away after a while though, so if you're not a fan, no worries.
How I use it: On damp/dry hair. I'll either blow dry it or let it air dry and it works fine either way.
Performance: Eliminates frizz (in the lion mane mornings), smooths my hair down, makes my hair shinier and straighter (if I flat iron it). My hair felt softer and more manageable, which is great. Didn't cause itchiness, oiliness or damage to my hair (which is fantastic!). As for getting rid of flyaways, it only works for me if I blow dry my hair after applying. It doesn't work if I air dry it.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase, and I would buy it again despite the price :)

I have no idea how this product worked on anyone hairs! I got the product because of these reviews and after I used it a couple of times I took it back. It did nothing for my hair.

on 9/27/2013 1:52:00 AM

I really liked this product. It had a great amount for the price. It smells good. It makes my hair really soft. BUT, my next day hair would smell like chemicals for some reason. I have been trying to figure out if it was my conditioner or this, but I have finished my conditioner long time ago. And I just figured that it was the serum that made my hair stink. I usually put it on my hair when my hair is damp. I dont know if it was because of that. I would try to put it on my dry hair and see what happens.

on 9/19/2013 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have thick hair that is quite frizzy. I thought I'd give this a try as a cheaper alternative to MoroccanOil. Yes, it smells great and the packaging is very good, too, but this did absolutely nothing for my frizz. I only pumped a tiny bit and it still made my hair look greasy, unwashed, and just as frizzy as it usually is.

on 7/30/2013 8:12:00 AM

Great product, this tamed my unruly over-processed wavy hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought this to combat frizziness, esp in the summer months. I like the smell, it dispenses easily from the bottle, and it's working for me. I don't have any frizziness since I started using it. I use 2 pumps on my hair, wet from the shower. Then I towel my hair & dry it.

So far, the only drawback is, my hair seems very flat when I use it. It's a lot softer though, so I think I can live with the flatness s the huge pouf I usually have in July. I'm going to read through the other reviews, maybe I should be applying it to dry or damp hair.

on 8/25/2012 1:16:00 AM

I love this product, I always use the Kerastace anti Frizz one, but when i went to the department store and saw this i wanted to try it, and let me tell you IT HAS THE SAME EFFECT AS KERASTACE!
this only cost me less that $10 and Kerastace is like $30 what money saved.

on 1/13/2012 1:36:00 PM

I have fine hair and hardly ever use conditioner as it turns my hair greasy too quickly. After shampooing I use this serum on the ends of my hair and it smooths and tames frizz beautifully. I also use it to tame frizz on days I don't wash my hair. It lasts forever as I use it sparingly.

Popular Styling Products