L'Oreal Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

L'Oreal Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.3

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

on 4/29/2016 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a sucker for any hair product that says smooth. This was a total disappointment. I blow dried my hair and didn't notice any dramatic smoothness or shine. My hair snarls with this, a sign it's not getting it very smooth. Bring back the yellow bottle L'Oreal, seems like they discontinued it.

on 1/4/2016 4:16:00 AM

I want to order pls help me and how,i been using this product for 5yrs i was in japan before

To Read all 258 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/11/2015 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm going to be the odd woman out on this product: it did nothing for me. I gave it a try for roughly three months and just recently chucked it.

Right after application it looked great, smoothed quite well and added shine without weighing my hair down, but unfortunately the effects only lasted about an hour and then my frizz would be back with a vengeance. Besides the fact that this product was ineffective, I didn't really care for how silicone-y and 'slippy' it felt. I also wasn't a huge fan of the smell, which was too sweet and fruity for my tastes.

For reference, my hair is fine with oily roots, dry ends, wavy and porous, with a decent amount of volume and lotsa frizz. In other words, it's a pretty tricky textural combination to work with, so I'm not surprised this didn't work out for me, just a little bummed since it has such high ratings.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product for taming my mane straight after drying !! So smooth!!!

I buy a second bottle of this hair serum, which looks exactly the same as the one in the photo and it is manufactured in Indonesia/Thailand. The shampoo and conditioner are made in Indonesia as well. The performance of this serum is quite average, ie, it tames most of the frizz and makes my hair soft and shinier compared with non using it. As I have mentioned in most of my reviews on other products, I have very frizzy and messy hair which is not easy to tame despite I must use conditioner after shampooing my hair. Serum which is too rich will cause my hair feel sticky and stiff and somehow re-activate the frizziness, whilst serum which is too light and runny will not be able to erase the frizz and even though it does, the effect will not last long (at least one day please).
The texture of this serum is quite light and runny and the scent of it is not offensive, just a little bit chemical smell like the matching shampoo and conditioner. It combines argan oil and camelina seed oil which are rich in fatty acids and they benefit dry and frizzy hair. It works quite well, easy to spread on palms before apply on hair and the pump makes you easily control on the usage and amount of serum that you want. The use of 4 five pumps of this serum does not weigh down my hair at all (before using this serum, I have to additionally apply The Body Shop Beautifying Oil which in my view, it is a must in my hair care routine by keeping my hair moisture and shine). After blow dry, my hair looks neat and tame and most of the crazy flyways have disappeared and lesser tangles.
The availability of this product is high as you can easily find it in Guardian, Watsons, supermarkets unlike some of the imported L'oreal Expert Liss Ultime/Absolut Repair hair serum (made in Spain) which are only available in their exclusive saloons/online stores or overseas countries.
It is overall an average performance serum if you analyse it on its price for a 100ml contain, availability, and it can last for months! Worth giving it a try although there are still alot of high end brands out there which might perform better/ worse than this. Sometimes how well and effective a hair serum perform on someone's hair, is closely related to the user's hair condition (fine/dry/damaged hair, coloured, heat using and the difference of hair care routine).

I bought this leave in serum after I read a couple of reviews about it on MUA. I must say my expectations were veryy high and this product failed me big time. It comes in a nice packaging and smells wonderful. It has a watery consistency though slightly thicker. Whenever I use this product, it weighs my fine, damaged, rough and dry hair down. It does not reduce my frizz or lessen fly aways. My comb doesn't glide through my hair smoothly as is promised. I guess it might work for thicker hair but it was a huge disappointment on mine. Still looking for a nice detangler or leave-in conditioner. What multiplied my sense of disappointment was the pricey cost of the product that offered very little product itself. (Poor quantity as well as quality)

on 12/31/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have thin, medium length, wavy hair. This does a great job of holding the waves and keeping my hair looking smooth in the winter and during summer frizz. I was worried it would weigh down my fine hair, but as long as I use it sparingly, it does a great job.

on 12/28/2014 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I have an unruly, frizzy, treated, dry, and very voluminous hair-- imagine, it's almost always a "bad hair day" for me! I decided to have a pixie cut which worsened the situation and made the frizz and fly-aways more apparent. Thus, I opted to try a less harsh approach and looked for hair serums and luckily found this. I apply this product in my sorta damp and towel dried hair, and I must say it does magic! My hair now looks smooth, silky, behaved, and less voluminous. If I really need to look sleek, I use around 5 pumps on the sides and back of my hair and it does the trick. Also, like some of the reviewers mentioned, if it doesn't work in one application, give it a week and you will see the difference. I've been using this since May 2014 and I can see the drastic improvement in my hair. I highly recommend this product! I don't really like writing reviews about beauty products because I believe that effects of such products really vary per individual, however, I feel thankful to this product for allowing me experience my greatest hair day moments! It's essential to me, I couldn't imagine my hair without it.

on 9/18/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start by saying that the product does not look like the orange bottles shown on top of the reviews. I am very picky when it comes to hair products and hardly come across anything good. Except for Kerastase and a couple of One'n'Only products, nothing comes close to my expectations. I have a thick set of unruly hair. It is prone to frizz and damage like no tomorrow. Due to my hair's fast growth, I have to color it every 10 days so you can imagine the damage. This product feels heavy on the hair but does a great job in making hair look and feel silky and beautiful. As a Kerastase Oleo Relax serum user, I have to say that this does a better job in smoothing my hair. Most importantly, my hair does not fall as much. Usually, smoothing products do a number on the roots and cause huge hair fall. Also, this does a great job in combating frizz in humidity. Many products, including One'n'Only Aragon oil serums and Oleo-Relax, do not come close to the performance of this product. Once the product dries in your hair, it does not feel greasy at all. In fact, it provides volume and shape. I use a curling iron after using this on dry hair. My curls never looked better. I also use this on wet hair before blow drying. It keeps my hair smooth and without frizz. Love this and highly recommend it.

i love this serum so much. i use this on damp or dry hair before i go to work or while at it. it smells really nice, literally controls the frizz, which i have a lot due to heat damage, and it doesn't weigh down my hair. my hair feels soft and looks shiny but not oily. i love it so much and would def purchase again!