Manic Panic Ultra Violet

Manic Panic Ultra Violet

3.1

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

ugh I wanted to like this color so badly. I bought this dye on a whim thinking it would be a bright awesome purple but when you first put it on, the color looks fantastic. my hair is bleached so I could use bright colors. this color fades into an ugly silvery color that I don't like. I love manic panic just not this specific color.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

This product was amazing for me when I mixed it with Purple Haze! It created a perfect shade of purple, not too blue or pink and it shined different colors in different lighting.
It did not fade for 1 month, and was completely gone by 2 months.

When I tried to use this by itself, It washed out right away, and When I tried again, it washed out in 3 days. It has a thinner consistency than other manic panic dyes and feels diluted. It was a disappointment the second time used.

on 3/15/2016 11:52:00 AM

This has become my HG for a toner on my light blonde hair. I have L8 hair that I lighten to a L10 or 12 depending on my mood. Right now I'm using Wella Color Charm in 12V. My roots have a tendency to pull a little gold/red in contrast to my very light blonde ends. I've used Wella T18 toner but I don't like to double process as my hair is very fine. I've used platinum protein filler and Shimmer Lights with a small amount of success. After reading some reviews I decided to try this out as a DIY toning shampoo/conditioner. I added a tsp to a clear shampoo and got a nice violet shampoo that I use only on my roots about once a week. I also added a tsp to a normal size bottle of conditioner and I apply that all over about once a week (not on the same day as the shampoo). After one use, I noticed a bigger difference than anything else I have ever used. After 2 uses, the gold/red color was completely gone. This stuff is amazing! It's very economical as a toner because if only mix a teaspoon in an entire bottle of conditioner or shampoo it will last me a very long time, probably 2 years. Much cheaper and works way better than Shimmer Lights plus you can use your favorite conditioner instead. I used Suave Moroccan Oil Conditioner and I am so pleased with the results.

lets start off by saying that this product is amazing. With my past experiences, manic panic has always played out in my favor. I get vibrant, amazing color while using it, I've used one of the blues (errg I forget) pillar box red and I now have ultra violet soaking in at the moment. I usually leave it in while I sleep so around 6-8 hours. I don't recommend keeping it in for less than 5 hours because it doesn't come out as vibrant. I really love this product and I think that you and a lot more people could benefit from using it.

And if you take proper care of your hair it usually lasts a month to three months if you're super lucky. it works great with blonde and some what brown hair. It does stain so be careful!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I had recently wanted to dye my hair purple, so i bought purple haze the first time dying it over mostly unbleached hair (i had an ombre and wanted the purple to have an ombre effect as well if at all possible). The color was really nice but faded within a week, but I figured it was because I didn't really bleach beforehand. So then on my mission for great purple hair, I did this thing called a bleach bath, it's really gentle and lightened my hair up quite a bit I would definitely recommend. Anyways, after that was done my hair was a really light coppery color (which was expected because I had red hair to begin with) and so I mixed the colors ultra violet and purple haze together for the perfect shade I was looking for. I left the dye in for almost 5 hours and after I washed it out I could see the purple tint on it but it wasn't the concentrated color I was hoping for. It did, however condition my hair sooo much, my hair now feels the same as it did before I bleached it. It has been 2 weeks now since I dyed it and I have managed to wash my hair only 4 times, really trying to keep it to a minimum because it does get a bit costly to have to keep repurchasing dye. After the second wash, however, the color had lost all of its vibrancy, and now after the fourth wash it's a very washed out color, pinkish in color almost with more of a purple tint towards the ends of my hair. I am really disappointed with how short-lived the color was, I expected more from a product that is popular among those who dye their hair crazy colors. Definitely not getting manic panic next time.

I use Manic Panic Ultraviolet in a DIY leave-in mix to neutralize brassy color in my level 10 colored hair. I add about 1 teaspoon to approximately 16 oz leave-in conditioner (YMMV) and usually use after I wash my hair although this can be used on dry hair as well.

Lightweight, watery leave-ins like Infusion 23 work best for me. This method is more effective at getting rid of unwanted gold, orange tones than using purple-toned shampoos or rinse-out conditioners (although the dye can be added to those as well). I haven't experienced any dye transfer to clothing or bedsheets, probably because the concentration of pigment is relatively low. However, I usually limit use to once a week because the dye can build up in your hair to show definite purple tones, but a clarifying shampoo usually takes care of that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This color was mistaken for blue the day after I used it. In certain lighting, it does appear quite blue, but outside, it's a beautiful shade of purple. I've used purple shades in the past that were more or less a deep burgandy that faded to a copper. This however is a blue toned color. Even when it fades I like the different shades I get. I use this on my clean, dry ashy blonde hair, cover with a plastic cap for an hour then rinse. This color bleeds waaaay less than other temporary dyes. I've used splat and had to walk away from the sink after 5-10 minutes because the color would not stop running out. Ultra violet only takes about a minute for the water to run clear. A couple of tips, this stuff stains! And even though I place all the stuff I'll need on paper towels, I still manage to get a big blobs on my sink . Because I didn't want to touch my doorknob or cabinets, I tried rinsing the stain soon after spilling and then rubbing my toothpaste into the stain. It lifted it better than my bathroom cleaner! It was a whitening toothpaste. I also buy high quality black latex gloves from the home improvment store. I always seem to rip the thumbs of the cheaper gloves. I also use a toothbrush to apply the dye. I can get very close to my roots without giving myself a purple scalp. I buy the cheapest ones I can find. I paid under $4 for a pack of 6. As far as keeping the color looking bright, I've heard of people adding some of the color to their shampoo and conditioner. I just don't wash it for the next 5 days or so. I still rinse it and don't notice purple water unless I am washing it. Hasn't stained my tub either. Paid about $12 for a 4oz bottle. It also comes in a little tub for the same price for the same amount.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a very popular product, and I can understand why. It's a beautiful blue-toned violet that rinses out very quickly. When I first used it, it turned a dark royal blue. After washing it, it was a lovely violet color. After a few more washings, it faded quickly. It went from royal blue to violet to a lighter violet to a grey lavender blonde color. This is a lovely color, but I just wish it lasted longer. (I haven't tried the amplified formula, though.) The little pot packaging is very cute and easy to use and store. And you get a good amount of product for the price, relative to other direct dyes. I've used this on a medium golden blonde base, and the yellow tones didn't make the coloe look muddy at all. My results were gorgeous and very vibrant.

on 7/19/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I make my own toning conditioner as my dark blonde ombre hair goes very golden during the summer. I mix a cup of conditioner to a teaspoon of Ultra Violet and leave it on damp clean hair for about 15 mins. It leaves my hair silky and I get better results than any purple toning conditioner I have used. Just watch you don't mix it too strong or it will make you lavender. I find using a silicone free conditioner in my mix works best.

I bleached my hair and then dyed it with purple haze Splat hair dye. The color turned out uneven and a more of a pink color. I then decided to use Ultra Violet Manic Panic hair dye and the color at first was beautiful. But now (three washes later) it's no longer bright. It's more of a dark pastel. It's a good product but does not last long. Don't use it unless you intend on buying it again and again to keep it the color you want.

Popular Hair Color Products