L'Oreal Paris On-The- Loose - Diva Down

L'Oreal Paris On-The- Loose - Diva Down

4.2

on 11/30/2008 11:46:00 AM

I purchased this at the dollar tree. It is a pretty teal color on me with a hint of green. I love it. Wish the dollar tree had other colors now that they are discontinued.

On the Loose powders are great. diva down is the most gorgeous teal/turquoise shade. its really pigmented, i just love it along the lashline for a pop of color. i wish these weren't discontinued! i want them all! THey're like mac pigments IMO

on 5/15/2006 1:25:00 AM

This particular shade, Diva Down, is my hands down favorite eye shadow ever. Which is random, because I seldom buy L'oreal makeup in general, but was drawn to this color in the store- this was about 4 or 5 years ago! It was the first, but not the last, turquoise eye shadow I bought as well as the first (but not last) loose powder I bought. I loved this b/c I could blend it very easily with other shades (usually blue, silver, or purple) and happened to be, for me, the perfect mix of blue, turquoise, and gold. As other reviewers have mentioned, these *were* finely milled, intensely pigmented- excellent quality, drugstore or not. I also happened to use it on my then-roommate at the time, who is pale with blue undertones (I'm yellow skinned light-fair) so the color is pretty neutral. So sad when I lost it- I haven't been able to find this color anywhere (I think they DC'd it...?) but remember it very fondly. I have since bought several turquoise eye shadows (Nars, MAC, Cover Girl) but have yet to find or recreate this shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

These are the closest drugstore purchase to MAC pigments. Shades are highly pigmented, easy to blend and last all day. Originally retailed between $6-8 each. Each small pot contains 2 grams of product. If you are looking for pigments, then these are a great way to go because of the price. I find loose powder to be a pain in the neck to apply, and too messy. The colors are very nice though, all look beautiful and apply true to color with great staying power. Diva Down is a bright teal blue with green tones and golden shimmer. super pretty!

on 8/19/2005 10:56:00 AM

"Diva Down" is an incredibly intense, teal/aqua color with a fine, gold shimmer. Sort of like a slightly greener and deeper version of "Sparkling Mist" OTL. Beautiful as a liner or accent color against dark eyes. Good quality, finely-milled, blendable powder. Lasts as long as you want it to (esp. with a base or some kind or the use of a medium). Comes in a small, screw-top jar sans sifter, which I prefer with my loose pigment powders (tiny sifters make it hard to get much product out). Cheap price for a large amount of product, but these are sadly discontinued and the only places you can find them are on eBay, closeout/discount/dollar stores, an occasional clearance bin, and on MUA.

on 3/23/2005 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everytime I wear this eyeshadow, I get tons of compliments!! I didn't know they were discontinued until a few days ago when I was browsing MUA! What a shame! I have about 7 of these little pleasure pots.. I love each and every color as well! Some are very different and crazy (Five Alarm) and some are just plain (Orb) but they are all very pretty and mixable!! I love this metallic teal color as it looks awesome with my skintone!! I wish they still had them! I should have gotten one of each color when I had the chance! I find that what helps them stay on better is chapstick or a creamy blush (Estee Lauder's Blushlights) on your lid first and then the powder.. Then it lasts all day!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I finally bought a good eyeliner brush and wore Diva Down today as my liner...I wore it wet, and it is a knock-out color. I really like it, and I didn't think I would. Just goes to show you that you should branch out sometimes:)

This is bright. I love the color but can only use a little of it on my Aisan skin, or it will be too dramatic for me, and I'm no natural girl. :P It did crease on me a little after about 6 hours.

on 8/19/2004 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my favorite eye shadow period! I used it as a liner and it stays put all day. The shimmery metallic turquoise color goes great with my cool, yellow toned Asian skin. Five stars all the way!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great, vibrant, shimmery turquoise/teal shadow. It looks absolutely stunning on (I'm MAC NC20 with hazel eyes). It can be easily blended for a smokey blue eye, or used wet as a liner. It definitely gives you a very dramatic eye, which I love and wear at every possible opportunity. The formula is loose (hense, the name "on-the-loose") and is in a cute screw top jar. it wears well. I highly recommend everyone to try Diva Down at least once. continued >>