Carmex EZ-ON APPLICATOR

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/4/2018 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I do love this and so does my boyfriend. It is not my holy grail however. Bite beauty Lip Mask is my HG 😍😍 But I love the convenience of the squeeze tube. I love the tingle, the flavor, and the taste. It’s easy to just toss in my purse and go.

I've been using Carmex on and off, mostly off, since I was a kid. I always hated the scent and how it tastes like soap when it got in my mouth. As an adult if my lips are peeling and peeling and nothing will soothe them, I use this. Within a day, all the dead skin is gone and I can start anew. Then I can moisturize with a different, non medicated balm.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am 69 and for most of my life my lips behaved and responded to a night or two of Vaseline when needed. During the last two years all that changed. My lips cracked bled shedded and for a few months rolled off in large soft sheets. Nothing helped.. I tried expensive cheap and tried to stay as natural as I could. Then I read something on mua.. Carmex?! Petroleum camphor and menthol. That's about it. Paula had warned me about the last two almost 40 years ago. Well, it works. I put it on nightly and sometimes I forget for 3 or 4 nights in a row. I might be almost 70 but my lips are back to 50 with less vertical lines. If if all else is failing, whatever your age, try Carmex. Just don't talk about it when you're walking around Whole Foods past that enormous display of lip balms.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This balm didn't do anything for my lips. Why in the world does it have salicylic acid in it?

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is the squeeze tube version of the Carmex in the pot. I prefer this squeeze tube since the tingling is not as strong, I do not have to use my finger to apply, and the temporary relief lasts longer. A downside of the squeeze tube though is that it can unevenly dispense product (compared to the stick version which is my favorite of the Carmex products I've tried) and there will always be some product left in the tube unless you cut it open to decant the remainder into another container.

I really liked Carmex products for a while, however, I've since realized that Carmex doesn't really do much for my lips in the long term as the product just sits on top and the addictive tingling creates a vicious cycle of application. I've since moved onto other lip balms and won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My holy grail lip treatment. I have learned that just because of the bland packaging, does not make it a bad product! My lips are no longer chapped and are moisturized from this product and it's so much better and lasting than blistex or Smith's rosebud balm.

on 1/17/2015 5:11:00 PM

I love this product!! This is the only lip balm I have ever finished and will be repurchasing it again. It keeps my lips moisturized and I love the cooling sensation on the lips.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Carmex does nothing for me. I apply it at bedtime and wake up still with dry, chapped lips.

on 10/11/2014 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I resisted trying this old stand-by for years because I mistakenly thought it was just for use to avoid fever blisters and not a moisture balm. Saw it at the dollar store and what a wonderful surprise purchase it turned out to be. I find this actually superior to Lansinoh which I think is very effective. Yes, it does have the menthol and camphor fumes but they dissipate in about 30 minutes or less.

As an aside, this product is also available in a large 4oz. jar (minus the beeswax and with added vanillin) which is also good on the lips as well as elbows, cuticles, heels and knees. It can be used on the hands at night but it is difficult to evenly apply the small amount required. Again, the camphor odor dissipates quickly and leaves a faint vanilla scent. It is called Carmex Original Healing Ointment and I purchased it at Walgreens on a 2/1 sale.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like it but I like Blistex better. I also have "my favorite lip balm" by biglowe which I prefer over this but this is comparable and cheaper. It does give bit of a tingling sensation which some people may not like.