Carmex EZ-ON APPLICATOR

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am 69 and for most of my life my lips behaved and responded to a night or two of Vaseline when needed. During the last two years all that changed. My lips cracked bled shedded and for a few months rolled off in large soft sheets. Nothing helped.. I tried expensive cheap and tried to stay as natural as I could. Then I read something on mua.. Carmex?! Petroleum camphor and menthol. That's about it. Paula had warned me about the last two almost 40 years ago. Well, it works. I put it on nightly and sometimes I forget for 3 or 4 nights in a row. I might be almost 70 but my lips are back to 50 with less vertical lines. If if all else is failing, whatever your age, try Carmex. Just don't talk about it when you're walking around Whole Foods past that enormous display of lip balms.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This balm didn't do anything for my lips. Why in the world does it have salicylic acid in it?

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is the squeeze tube version of the Carmex in the pot. I prefer this squeeze tube since the tingling is not as strong, I do not have to use my finger to apply, and the temporary relief lasts longer. A downside of the squeeze tube though is that it can unevenly dispense product (compared to the stick version which is my favorite of the Carmex products I've tried) and there will always be some product left in the tube unless you cut it open to decant the remainder into another container.

I really liked Carmex products for a while, however, I've since realized that Carmex doesn't really do much for my lips in the long term as the product just sits on top and the addictive tingling creates a vicious cycle of application. I've since moved onto other lip balms and won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My holy grail lip treatment. I have learned that just because of the bland packaging, does not make it a bad product! My lips are no longer chapped and are moisturized from this product and it's so much better and lasting than blistex or Smith's rosebud balm.

on 1/17/2015 5:11:00 PM

I love this product!! This is the only lip balm I have ever finished and will be repurchasing it again. It keeps my lips moisturized and I love the cooling sensation on the lips.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A must have item for me. I use this almost everynight at bedtime. I find it very effective to keep my lips soft and hydrated. I like to use this on top of my lipsticks, using it like a lipgloss so keep my lipsticks from drying my lips. Excellent product that is quite inexpensive. Listed as gluten free.

on 10/11/2014 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I resisted trying this old stand-by for years because I mistakenly thought it was just for use to avoid fever blisters and not a moisture balm. Saw it at the dollar store and what a wonderful surprise purchase it turned out to be. I find this actually superior to Lansinoh which I think is very effective. Yes, it does have the menthol and camphor fumes but they dissipate in about 30 minutes or less.

As an aside, this product is also available in a large 4oz. jar (minus the beeswax and with added vanillin) which is also good on the lips as well as elbows, cuticles, heels and knees. It can be used on the hands at night but it is difficult to evenly apply the small amount required. Again, the camphor odor dissipates quickly and leaves a faint vanilla scent. It is called Carmex Original Healing Ointment and I purchased it at Walgreens on a 2/1 sale.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like it but I like Blistex better. I also have "my favorite lip balm" by biglowe which I prefer over this but this is comparable and cheaper. It does give bit of a tingling sensation which some people may not like.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Absolutely love this product. Picked it up when I was in Taiwan, watsons was having a promotion of 1 for 1 which was so worth it. The smell & taste is just pleasant, not too strong. It lasts very long, great to use it as a before sleep lip balm & as a base before applying lipstick. Lips remains moisturized even product comes off. Works great!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff works wonders!!! I have recently rediscovered matte lipsticks and stains, and was getting so annoyed at the hard, flaky bits of skin where my inner lip and outer lip meet. I found myself biting away the dry skin which I knew was making it worse. But after using this, it took about 3 hours for the skin to become soft and supple! It was seriously that fast! I put more on before bed, and voila! Perfectly soft lips! All of this whilst only using this product for less than 12 hours! I think I have a keeper! I am in love! Smells different and tastes weird but I don't care! My lipstick looks amazing!!!!! Will update if I find any cons, but so far so good! Awesome actually!