Aveda Tourmaline Charged Eye Cream [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.3

on 12/15/2010 3:50:00 AM

Help!!

I love this eye cream for my particular under-eye problems, and I've used it everyday for *years*. It hydrates well, and seems to illuminate dark circles. Unfortunately Aveda has discontinued this product, and it was the *only* go-to item in my regimen that couldn't be substituted for something else. I have tried literally dozens of eye creams, and nothing works as well as this.

I liked this product because I have a specific under-eye problem that most creams don't cater to or alleviate. Instead of the common "puffy under eye", I have the exact opposite. Due to genes or maybe allergies I have a very sunken in under-eye look. I have very noticeable creases under both eyes where the skin sinks in as it gets closer to the eye. This also makes the under eye area look dark and shadow-y. I've tried many creams to "plump up" and illuminate my under-eye area, and only this one from Aveda worked well. I really liked how thick the gel was, as this seemed to help "fill in" my under-eye area somehow.

**So here's the question - has anyone who has used this found another creme with extremely similar properties in terms of texture and effect?? I've been without this product for a few weeks now, and there is a noticeable difference (for the worse) when I put on my makeup. I'm now using L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler Eye Illuminator (which sounds like it would be perfect for my problem), but even that pales in comparison to the Aveda. I need to find a substitute, and fast!

Any suggestions??

I purchased this because of Beautypedia's recommendation of being one of the "best" eye creams on the list and the positive reviews on MUA. Overall not impressed with this eye cream. The first few weeks it did deliver some moisture and I believed it was helping, but then it just stopped working. My under eye skin started to look dry and old. Not my HG I was looking for.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a gem! It is hydrating and helps to smooth out the eye area without creating an oil slick on my already oily lids. Even when trying it on my hand I can tell exactly where I applied it hours later, as that patch of skin is clearly more hydrated than the other areas.

Worth a try [especially if you've got oily lids like me] considering Aveda's awesome return policy!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite eye creams! It hydrates my skin very well and leaves the eye contour are really fresh feeling and looking bright. I'll repurchase this one for sure!

I'm shocked by some of the other reviews on this eye cream. I noticed a difference under my eyes in 2 days. It felt firmer under my eyes and I love the consistancy of the gel/cream. I will continue to repurchase until I find something I fall in love with more then this.

on 4/30/2009 12:12:00 PM

No use at all. I will not buy it.

on 8/24/2008 1:28:00 PM

Okay this is my first proper eye cream so I don't really have much to compare it to - but it feels nice and soothing, comes well packaged in a hygenic tube and I like it. It is hideously expensive but at least I can use it, unlike a sample of clarins eye balm which made my eyes sting badly (I never react to anything, bar that clarins eye stuff).

on 7/23/2008 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Not a holy grail but I saw some improvement in my eye area! Don't think I'd repurchase though.

on 9/9/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i've used aveda for quite sometime and i'm part of their pure privilege program. i have to say that i like the way it feels but i don't notice the hydration or the clearing of my dark circles. this product does ok with their dual foundation powder, it looks cakey... but even better with their foundation.. i'm currently trying wexler undereye brightening and have received better results...

on 12/2/2008 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The only product that I don't love from Aveda Tourmaline Charged is the eye cream. I like how the eye cream brightens up and gives a smooth silky look to my eye area. It does moisturize but not good enough for me. This did not help to get rid of my very fine line under my eyes...surprisingly, a lot of eye creams could do that for me but they will be too heavy, I would start to get little bumps under my eyes, therefore I have to stop using them.

After going through 3 tubes of this (I decided to keep buying it because I love how it brightened up my eye even though it did nothing for the fine line until I find my HG eye cream, lol), I think that it's better as an all over face cream, especially during the summer season, than an eye cream. I love it as a face cream. It gives a smooth soft radiate look. It's similar to silicon makeup primer like DHC Velvet Skincoat and Clarins Instant Smooth Touch. As a face cream, I use it in mainly in the morning after lotion.

I found my HG eye cream, it's Abbey St.Clare Eye Creme! :D, so I might get this as a face primer whenever I want to treat myself.