Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

2.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am not sure where this review should go : the closest modern rendition I believe is now called miss dior original.

This review is for the original Miss Dior vintage eau de cologne houndstooth bottle splash formulation with the houndstooth cap, not the white one. It's an animal floral leather chypre. An acquired taste if you are formerly only familiar with modern chypre.

Bergamot, neroli, Galbanum, clary sage, gardenia
Aldehydes, rose, jasmine, ylang, orris, carnation, LOTV, narcissus/daffodil
Oakmoss, sandalwood, vanilla, laudanum, leather, amber, patchouli, vetiver

I listed the notes in comparison to Vol de Nuit composition, see my avon bird of paradise vintage review.

There is a spray bottle from the 1980s that is clear and fluted and has a metal cap. Sometimes the sprays are spoiled on the top notes, so I prefer splash.

Compared to vintage azuree and aliage, miss dior is subtle and melds into my skin. But it can only be called subtle relative to those two powerhouses.

It is also extremely animalic, so I find it almost funny that this scent was originally geared towards a debutante demographic and that, despite a resurgence of interest in Piguets Bandit, that people still characterize this type of fragrance as old lady.

To me, it's aggressive, modern, original and could be easily mistaken for a niche brand. In fact, when I tried roja doves Fetish, a few weeks ago, I was reminded of old school chypre like Azuree or miss Dior.

I would want to give this 3.5 if that rating were available. 3 because I don't see myself wearing this often. If your bottle is overtly fusty, musty, dank, or dark in color, consider whether it may have spoiled or oxidized with exposure to light or heat.

Not the same as it used to be!!! I wore this YEARS ago and always loved it. But, I recently ordered a bottle and it is just not the same. It used to be deep, woodsy, sexy but now it is powdery and lighter. Wish I could find the original!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got the eau de parfum . I had high expectations, but this perfume is really not suited to the hot humid climate I live in here in Malaysia. Its too warming and strong, I should have gotten the eau de toilette. Definitely can't can't wear it to the office. Perhaps this is more suited to colder climates.

Popular Fragrances