Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A flirty floral that reads a little young with some citrus in the top note. I like it but don't love it. I actually like the Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet (lighter and even fruitier) better.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I just bought my first flacon today of MISS DIOR ORIGINALE, in the EDT, which is, as you probably know, a current version of the original 1947 formula. By now there are so many flankers that one has to very carefully specify the !!OH-REE-ZHEE-NAHL!! if one wants the 1947 formula, then of course most modern department store SA's have no idea that there had once been a Postwar New Look flavor of it. All they know is the cute cherry-vanilla-pomegranate version that Natalie Portman moues over.

By happenstance, I do indeed have a tiny decant here also of some real vintage EDT from the 1960's. Yes, the two are different, and I cannot tell if it is because the 1960's EDT has turned slightly, but the basic idea is the same: an impeccable, oldschool French green/floral/chypre. The vintage decant I have here is really strong on the herbality.. specifically a kitchen-y herbality in the drydown, that reminds one pleasantly of Mommy things like fines-herbes and poultry seasoning. The old version starts out vampy... then ends up not as bordello broad but as June Cleaver. I actually suspect the noses, Jean "Tabu" Carles and Paul "Arpege" Vacher, intended to make the drydown reassuringly domestic: a woman of Midcentury was to wear New Look to church, then come home and fix hubs some din-dins.

The current ORIGINALE EDT sails in on nose-prickling needles of stimulating aldehydes, galbanum and perhaps an astringent lemon-zest note, a head even more Cruella-de-Vil vicious than BANDIT's; as that gauzy veil subsides, one gets an astonishing savory "protein" note; where DIORELLA merely hints at Tania Sanchez's Vietnamese Beef Salad, MISS DIOR offers you the whole charcuterie. I am tempted to say that this "protein" note is derived from a confluence of Russian birchtar, with its let's-have-shashlik note, and quite possibly some iris, heliotrope, turmeric and cumin? All the while, the lemony brilliance of the head peers over the New York strips.

The floralcy unfolds, all tart jasmine, creamy gardenia and narcotic, lowing tuberose, with a curious hint of dusty narcissus, with a salon-filling eclat that gives ALIEN and FRACAS a run for their money. Notes of cedar, sandalwood, patchouly, oakmoss and tonka arrive at the vernal picnic, with their promise of a chypre scaffold. The tonka note sings its little cherry-almond-tobacco alto through the dense, saged, all-but-opaque flowers. (Interestingly, I never get the "naughty knickers" note that many have claimed for MISS D.)

In time, the most handsome, tweeded woman arrives in blonde Hitchcockian chignon, and an unexpected, winsome neroli kisses her glacial hand. And there we have the majesty of the scent, the 1950's "Ice Princess" in white gloves and a tightly woven, somewhat heavy and rigid, but immaculately suave and tailored Dior New Look suit, with patent leather spectator heels.

In farthest drydown the narcotic flowers and the poultry seasoning get married, yielding a fascinating, buoyantly luminous tart/savory accord that is like nothing like anything a modern Carly Rae Jepsen/Bieber fangirl would ever dream of wearing.

The ghost that lingers on your skin many hours later, is that note I so well remember from my childhood: my father's secretary-- surely the model for Joan Holloway, with her bursting poitrine, ample bottom, bakelite bangles and mile-high Titian beehive-- was named Dolores... "Dolly" to 5-year-old me, who would sit on her lap, bury his face in her decolletage, and sing "Hel-lo, Dolly, well hel-LO...." She always gave off the most curious, savory dough like smell... not sweet like L'HEURE BLEUE's Christmas Pannetone, but very very much like....... flour tortillas, fresh from the comal.

That intriguing, unmistakeably oldschool flour-tortilla note enchanted me then on Dolly's white, powdered throat... and it enchants me, nostalgically, now.

This EDT is very strong, sharp and dominating; really, two spritzes is enough... Otherwise she will wear YOU.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

(I have the 2012 reformulation) I only get mandarin orange and patchouli from this. It's on the sweet side, the artificial kind of sweet. Secretly, I was hoping for a more zesty citrus instead of the sweet one, which smells slightly fermented.

Still, I don't dislike this perfume. The scent itself is nice. I would have liked it better had it been a little bit more brighter and lighter. It's too cloyingly sweet for me now. This is fitted for cold spring days and winter time.

This perfume sticks around for a really long time. If I spray this in my inner elbows I'll still be able to smell it over 16 hours later. Miss Dior does not fill up and take over a room (unless you overspray by A LOT), it sits rather close to the skin. Had it been less sweet then this would definitely have been a love.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This review is for Miss Dior EDP. I've been searching for a special perfume for a long time now. I own lots of different fragrances including Valentina, Jimmy Choo, Flowerbomb, Chanel No 5 and Coco, all of which are lovely but somehow not special enough for me to call 'the one'. Yesterday I walked into a perfume shop and sprayed about a dozen different scents onto tester strips writing the name of the fragrance on each one. This morning I took them out of my bag and did several blind tests. The perfume that stood out the most was Miss Dior.
This fragrance is stunningly beautiful. Without question the loveliest perfume I've ever tried. A sophisticated, gorgeous aroma. Love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I find this very bland and suitable for young girls rather than women. I do like it still, it is very easy to wear and is probably unlikely to disturb anyone at all. However it seems too similar to other stuff that is popular now. It is light and sweet and flowery and it does not have much character. However I like it because it makes an excellent "sleeping fragrance". I wear it to bed and Ill sleep well. If I try to sleep with something like Anais Anais or Red Door. no can do, because these fragrances are so full of character that they simply make me restless while Miss Dior is soothing and comforting with it non offensive notes. However, I possibly would not wear it on daytime, because it would put me right to sleep.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a review of parfum, purchased in 2011.

A friend on leave in France picked this up for me. I can only imagine how breathtaking the original fragrance was -- I'm sure this is but a ghost in comparison. It's a woody chypre with, on me, a warm rose heart. What I really love about this perfume is the way it lingers close to the skin. I am, at this time of this writing, about 13 hours post-application and the scent is still sweetly there. A true classic. I hope some day to experience it vintage.

The notes are as follows: Top Note -- Gardenia, Galbanum, Bergamot, Clary Sage. Middle Note -- Jasmine, Narcissus, Neroli, Rose. Base Note -- Patchouli, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Sandal.

ETA 01/2012: I chanced upon something labelled "Miss Dior" in Sephora. It is bottled like Miss Dior Cherie. This is NOT the same. The stuff in Sephora smelled like a dupe of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle and it's all very confusing. Whatever it is, it's not the same as this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Spritzed this at Saks. I am not a fan of the newer, sugarpop fragrances in pretty girly colors. After reading the reviews, this sounded interesting. On me, this smelled old lady. Since I am an old lady (60), that is the last way I want to smell. I want to smell modern, sexy and sophisticated. Sorry, not a nose, so cannot identify the individual components. But I read it had some of the same notes as other fragrances I like or have enjoyed in the past. So, I was very disappointed. The dry down is somewhat better than the initial scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Too powdery, too old fashioned, too mossy. I love the classics but this one is just old.

The vintage eau de cologne I received from a generous MUA swapper smelled divine - a ballerina in pink leather - she whirled across the stage, entre-chat, jetee - I clapped and thought Oh, brava! But then she was gone. Exeunt. No return. ETA: after sniffing after the pink ballerina, when I turned my nose back to the wrist wearing Tabac Blond, I was absolutely blown away by its spicy intensity. Tabac Blond would have certainly been quite racy when it was issued - it's still pretty damn sexy.

Miss Dior... ahhh, this scent always brings back fond memories. :) A friend introduced me to this when she was working at a Dior counter in the '80s, and I immediately fell in love with it. Beautiful, classic scent with such a touching story behind it's creation which adds to its appeal. :) Comes in a very chic frosted, houndstooth-detailed bottle. I especially love wearing Miss Dior in autumn/winter.

Popular Fragrances