Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A flirty floral that reads a little young with some citrus in the top note. I like it but don't love it. I actually like the Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet (lighter and even fruitier) better.

This is one of my favourite perfumes. To me, it feels like the perfect middle ground for young but still sophisticated. To me, it smells a bit on the sweet side but not in an overpowering way at all like some strong vanilla perfumes out there. I always get compliments on this when I put it on and I actually love the scent at the end of the day just as much as when I first put it on. If you are looking for a sweet, but crisp, and young yet sophisticated scent, go pick up a sample from Sephora to test it out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this perfume. I really, really do. This is what comes to mind when I think luxurious French perfume. It smells clean, powerful, and beautiful. I have read the many lamentations of the much-loved Miss Cherie Dior from 2005. I own that perfume as well and can honestly say that I prefer this one. Don't get me wrong, I still like the previous one, but this is the more sophisticated and refined sister. Upon initial spritz I smell something reminiscent of Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers. Just for like a minute or two. And I'm not a fan of that perfume. After a moment I'm enveloped in a gorgeous patchouli/citrus harmony with a kiss of floral. Not flowery, just a perect blend of earthy and clean. As the perfume dries down, it becomes a more masculine patchouli scent that could easily be worn by men. Maybe that's why I love this fragrance so much. It's feminine and masculine which keeps me from getting bored. I think this one will be a classic and can see myself wearing this for years to come. Plus it has amazing lasting power especially for a toilette. Well done, Dior.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This seems very weak. Not even sure what it is about it. I usually HATE patchouli but I don't sense it much even though its the main scent. I smell mostly musky with a hint of rose & orange. I really am not impressed at all.
It just seems to lack anything solid. I will go on to try the original if I can. It doesn't smell strong which is a plus to me but it seems to be more soft like a cologne or body spray?

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This perfume is a treat. Intricate and enchanting it draws you in and as the hours pass it just melts into your skin and changes subtly with your chemistry. Its expensive there is no way around it but 2 squirts go a long way. I plan on buying this for years to come. It smells so amazing.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far my favorite perfume and will continue being my favorite.

At first, I did not like the smell because it smelled like a strong, old lady perfume.
But, knowing that the name had a "miss" in it, and was most likely made for younger women, and also knowing that this was a very popular smell, I decided to give it a try.

This stuff is great. The staying power is good, and the smell is much better worn than in the bottle. I have gotten many compliments from peers as well, and they range from teens to early twenties. It does not smell like old lady perfume on a person.

My older sister, who is not interested in fragrances at all, said that someone "smelled pretty". Even my dad, who usually wrinkles his nose at smells thought it was nice. Aside from my family, my sorority sisters also always wonder who smells so lovely.

It gives off a subtle smell, and it causes more like a whiff of nicely scented air when I walk past. It is really a lovely smell. Would definitely buy again.

I do, however, believe I have the original formula. It has lasted because it sat in the dark cupboard, unopened since my mother received it from her mother when she was very young. I have heard that since then the perfume has been reformulated and is not as good. However, if it is not that different, the high price-tag is definitely worth it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a review of parfum, purchased in 2011.

A friend on leave in France picked this up for me. I can only imagine how breathtaking the original fragrance was -- I'm sure this is but a ghost in comparison. It's a woody chypre with, on me, a warm rose heart. What I really love about this perfume is the way it lingers close to the skin. I am, at this time of this writing, about 13 hours post-application and the scent is still sweetly there. A true classic. I hope some day to experience it vintage.

The notes are as follows: Top Note -- Gardenia, Galbanum, Bergamot, Clary Sage. Middle Note -- Jasmine, Narcissus, Neroli, Rose. Base Note -- Patchouli, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Sandal.

ETA 01/2012: I chanced upon something labelled "Miss Dior" in Sephora. It is bottled like Miss Dior Cherie. This is NOT the same. The stuff in Sephora smelled like a dupe of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle and it's all very confusing. Whatever it is, it's not the same as this.

This has always been a favourite of mine. My mother and my grandmother wore this but they wore the original (nicer) version. Even though it has changed, I still think it's a beautiful classic fragrance and I will always have a bottle of this in my collection. Such a pity that the original formula has changed. It's definitely not the same Miss Dior I remember from my childhood, but I still love it.

Oh dear me! I have worn this for years and am now reviewing the newer version edt. I remember a breathaking chypre, sexy, mossy and warm. This is not only lacking in oakmoss as expected but also seems to have developed a harsh metallic edge. I will still buy as it has echoes of its former loveliness, but this once beautiful lady has had her face lifted too often and is now overtightened and harsh - sad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A very classy sweet and slightly musky fragrance which I have always secretly loved - old but I like it.