Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.2

This is one of my favourite perfumes. To me, it feels like the perfect middle ground for young but still sophisticated. To me, it smells a bit on the sweet side but not in an overpowering way at all like some strong vanilla perfumes out there. I always get compliments on this when I put it on and I actually love the scent at the end of the day just as much as when I first put it on. If you are looking for a sweet, but crisp, and young yet sophisticated scent, go pick up a sample from Sephora to test it out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this perfume. I really, really do. This is what comes to mind when I think luxurious French perfume. It smells clean, powerful, and beautiful. I have read the many lamentations of the much-loved Miss Cherie Dior from 2005. I own that perfume as well and can honestly say that I prefer this one. Don't get me wrong, I still like the previous one, but this is the more sophisticated and refined sister. Upon initial spritz I smell something reminiscent of Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers. Just for like a minute or two. And I'm not a fan of that perfume. After a moment I'm enveloped in a gorgeous patchouli/citrus harmony with a kiss of floral. Not flowery, just a perect blend of earthy and clean. As the perfume dries down, it becomes a more masculine patchouli scent that could easily be worn by men. Maybe that's why I love this fragrance so much. It's feminine and masculine which keeps me from getting bored. I think this one will be a classic and can see myself wearing this for years to come. Plus it has amazing lasting power especially for a toilette. Well done, Dior.

I'm writing this after trying a sample of Miss Dior eau de toilette. I am not familiar with the old version and I don't know what's in this scent (except the pachouli), but I was surprised that I liked it. I'm usually not a fan of pachouli but in this fragrance, I'm OK with it. This comes on strong when you first spray it on but then it settles down into a lovely fragrance. This is very long-lasting. I put it on in the afternoon and could still smell it the next morning. After it's on a while, it's sweet (but not too) and feminine. I'm not putting an "age group" to it, because I think anyone can wear it. I might not purchase this, however, because it's rather expensive.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This review is for Miss Dior EDP. I've been searching for a special perfume for a long time now. I own lots of different fragrances including Valentina, Jimmy Choo, Flowerbomb, Chanel No 5 and Coco, all of which are lovely but somehow not special enough for me to call 'the one'. Yesterday I walked into a perfume shop and sprayed about a dozen different scents onto tester strips writing the name of the fragrance on each one. This morning I took them out of my bag and did several blind tests. The perfume that stood out the most was Miss Dior.
This fragrance is stunningly beautiful. Without question the loveliest perfume I've ever tried. A sophisticated, gorgeous aroma. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This seems very weak. Not even sure what it is about it. I usually HATE patchouli but I don't sense it much even though its the main scent. I smell mostly musky with a hint of rose & orange. I really am not impressed at all.
It just seems to lack anything solid. I will go on to try the original if I can. It doesn't smell strong which is a plus to me but it seems to be more soft like a cologne or body spray?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a lovely scent but I don't think it's my favorite or the most interesting one out there. Like a lot of other people have already said, it's a young but classy scent. It's a mix of citris and (more faintly) flowers, so it smells more light and refreshing than it does sweet or sugary. It's quite strong (1-2 spritz is more than enough!) and lasts for the majority of the day when I spray it into my hair and around my neck area.

The packaging is SUPER cute, it's a clear, square spritz bottle with a glass bow on top. This leans on the pricier side, but it IS Dior so that's not surprising.

NOTE: I think the dry down tends to lean powdery on me, so I don't think it's the best scent for my particular body chemistry. You may have a different experience.

The perfume scent is amazing. It is one of my absolute favorites. The scent is very sweet and innocent. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is because it doesn't last all night or all day. The fragrance is subtle so if you like to spray once in the morning and have it last all day, this may not work for you since you may have to re-spritz after a couple of hours. But OMG It smells A-MAZ-ING!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own the original vintage glass bottle of this Miss Dior pure perfume. I got this when I was 19 when I flew from England back home to Hong Kong by British Airways. At 19 back then (I am now 45), I already knew that it is precious to pick up this perfume while I could get it duty free on the plane. I got this perfume at 15ml (very concentrate) together with a 30ml Eau De Gucci bottle, which is also now became a rare vintage.

Both perfumes stood the test of time. Even now, they are still in great condition and the scents stayed put all these years (I stored them well), also due to their potency.

I love Miss Dior, it smells a little strong for the first 2 minutes during wearing. In a few moments, the warmth of our skin transforms it into a classy, warm, smooth and comforting scent and stay for the rest of the day. It works with a lot of women's body chemistry. A few dabs are all I need - It last me ALL THESE YEARS! I only wear this on very special occasions throughout these years. I would say this is not for too suitable to wear on a hot humid summer day, more for fall to winter, or early spring kind of perfume.

I went to Sephora to check out their recent version of Miss Dior perfume - bottle looks the same - but the smell is more dilute & sweet, not the same like the original vintage version....too bad! I would definitely buy it again if the scent improves more like its original.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far my favorite perfume and will continue being my favorite.

At first, I did not like the smell because it smelled like a strong, old lady perfume.
But, knowing that the name had a "miss" in it, and was most likely made for younger women, and also knowing that this was a very popular smell, I decided to give it a try.

This stuff is great. The staying power is good, and the smell is much better worn than in the bottle. I have gotten many compliments from peers as well, and they range from teens to early twenties. It does not smell like old lady perfume on a person.

My older sister, who is not interested in fragrances at all, said that someone "smelled pretty". Even my dad, who usually wrinkles his nose at smells thought it was nice. Aside from my family, my sorority sisters also always wonder who smells so lovely.

It gives off a subtle smell, and it causes more like a whiff of nicely scented air when I walk past. It is really a lovely smell. Would definitely buy again.

I do, however, believe I have the original formula. It has lasted because it sat in the dark cupboard, unopened since my mother received it from her mother when she was very young. I have heard that since then the perfume has been reformulated and is not as good. However, if it is not that different, the high price-tag is definitely worth it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If anyone is having trouble finding this product, it can be found at Fragrancenet.com.

In the US, I believe Saks has the exclusive on it.

In Canada it is available at Holt Renfrew.

This bears no resemblance whatsoever to Miss Dior Cherie which is a syrupy mess and yes, widely available.

I am doing this so that the demand will remain for the classic beauties and it will not be discontinued. I do not understand why the perfume companies discontinue fragrances that have an established clientelle. Are you listening Lancome/Magie Noire? I had the temptation of smelling a tester of the older formula Magie Noire at Shoppers Drugmar last week and when I got home decided I had to have it. No luck, gone. Only reformulated EdT thin, watery no resemblance to older formulation. Pity.