Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.1

This wonderful and timeless Chypre is as smooth and as round as could be, so well orchestrated that the different notes blend in harmoniously and act together rather than compete with one another or "show off". It is young and sophisticated at the same time, therefore appealing to women of all ages that are seeking a classic, refined expression of their feminine self, without ovedoing it...
Though different olfactory stages and notes can be detected, they are not as pronounced or separated from one another. Rather, they lead to another with a harmonious continuation that makes the complete experience magical and seductive. Which is, after all, the secret for the charisma and sex-appeal of Chypres – the way they blend different notes without leaving too-obvious hints as for what they really are.
You know the notes are in there, but you smell them all at once, singing in one beautiful accord!
The top notes of galbanum, gardenia and citrus are accompanied by no other that the relatively harsh herbal notes of sage which surprisingly converts the top note accord into a peach-like fruitiness. The top notes appear fresh and soft simultaneously, and lift up the Chypre nuances of patchouli and labdanum from the base.
Once the initial green frutiness has mellowed, Miss Dior reveals her round, feminine floral heart of jasmine, neroli and rose, completely balanced as no note is dominating the other.
This all dries down to a base accord of a warm and somewhat wild Chypre accord: patchouli, oak moss, labdanum, and I suspect some civet notes which contributes to the roundedness and fullness that links the phases altogether. Some refined, subtle woody notes of vetiver and agarwood appear late on, adding a clean, somewhat “sour” or tangy nuance, neither making the composition dry or bitter by the half, nor taking away from it’s overall luscious femininity.
The Parfum is a lot more fruity and round than the Eau de Toilette – the sharp (almost metallic lead-like) top notes of the EDT are softened and smoothed to resemble somewhat the citrus and almost peach-like fruitiness found in the top notes of Diorella – a lighter Chypre from the same house.
The aldehydic notes are extremely soft and feminine, and complement the chypre base to create a seductive, almost carnal effect that is warm and enveloping.
It is definitley a must for all Chypre fans!

Top notes: Galbanum, Sage, Gardenia
Heart notes: Jasmine, Rose, Neroli
Base notes: Patchouli, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Civet, Vetiver, Agarwood

How I love Miss Dior! This is a classic worth revisiting. There just aren't any other fragrances like this on the market today. It's an interesting mix of soft woods, florals and chypre notes. Imagine what you'd get if you crossed YSL Y with Guerlain Vol de Nuit...that's Miss Dior. It's a chypre, but not as "green" as most. Notes include gardenia, galbanum, bergamot, clary sage, jasmine, narcissus, neroli, rose, patchouli, oakmoss, labdanum and sandalwood. It's not as floral as you'd expect for a scent named "Miss Dior" (which to me sounds a bit prissy). When I smell this I think of dried leaves, autumn air and herb shops. This fragrance was a stunner when it was introduced in 1947, and it still smells fresh and unique. A perfect scent for those days when you can't decide which fragrance to spritz on; this one fits well into any occasion and is easy to wear.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a wonderful fragrance that on me has the powdery, elegant, spicy, warm, sensual, expensive, unique, and long lasting smell and feel that I want from my perfumes. I first wore this years ago and at the time didn't know anyone else who wore it. I still don't smell it often on others which is a shame because it's so great. I'm always complimented by both men and women when I wear it and when I tell people it's Miss Dior most have never heard of it. If it's hard to find keep looking because it's definitely worth the time and money.

Impressively elegant, this juxtaposition of ethereal florals and uncompromising chypre! Impeccable. Alabaster sculpture, chamber music, high tea.

Miss Dior... ahhh, this scent always brings back fond memories. :) A friend introduced me to this when she was working at a Dior counter in the '80s, and I immediately fell in love with it. Beautiful, classic scent with such a touching story behind it's creation which adds to its appeal. :) Comes in a very chic frosted, houndstooth-detailed bottle. I especially love wearing Miss Dior in autumn/winter.

I bought it after being inspired by a cosmetics and perfume module at college--the professor had hailed it as the ultimate chypre fragrance, befitting ladies of elegant and glamourous personalities. I admit it is quite glam-smelling at the first sniff, but after a while it kind of sits like this heavy artificial vapour of chemicals on my clothes. I get a headache if I spray too much. These days I only brazen to use it if I'm bored with my Body Shop Oceanus or if there is an evening function to attend.

A nice, French, sharp chypre that dries down to a warm woody base. Very appropriate with Dior's "New Look" of the 50s, which is when this classic came out. Reminds me a bit of Chanel 19. Too harsh and perfumey for my tastes, but classics fans should check this out.

It`s unusual - very old-fashioned from the start (both the bottle and the scent). I don`t know whether I like it or not - should have another try. The scent is calm, it doesn`t catch you, it doesn`t overwhelm you, it reminds me for some reason jf Jane Birkin (but I don`t know why:) I lso think it`s classy. Absolutely. I was also surprised that it had nothing in common with its up-dated version Miss Dior Cherie - which is modern and fruity and ... not classy -:)

Miss Dior is exceptional; it's very much a classic, with a cool leather chypre composition that ties it to another time, but it's also extremely contemporary, and can be worn easily and well by a young woman. I've noticed that many chypres and leather fragrances share this ageless quality - Gres Cabochard, Chanel's Cuir de Russie, and Tabac Blond have all been around for quite a while, but they also share a certain aura of strength, intelligence and poise, which prevents them from ever seeming "dated." In fact, I'd classify Miss Dior as Cabochard's demure, dressed-up sister. It opens with slightly sharp green top notes, predominated by sage; I like this part quite a bit, but can see why it's off-putting to those who don't like sharp angles in their fragrance. However, it quickly opens up into a lush, faintly powdery bouquet of gardenias over a mossy leather base. This phase of the perfume's evolution should please anyone with a nose on their face; it's a perfect balance of delicate femininity and elegant restraint, and it really does seem to echo the perfect (never equaled, in my opinion) "New Look" of Dior's first collection. I've had the opportunity to wear both reformulated and vintage Miss Dior, and I will admit that the vintage is better; the leather (my favorite note) is deeper and more noticeable, and there is an animal darkness in the mix that I really do love. The new Miss Dior is thinner, fresher, and a bit sharper, but it's still very lovely.

As for the "old lady" comments - well, skin chemistry is a mysterious thing, but in my experience, these comments are completely unfounded. I'm twenty-four, and Miss Dior is the only fragrance that my boyfriend has spontaneously described as "sexy." If you understand the appeal of vintage '40s fashion, or if you know why Lauren Bacall and Bette Davis are so much hotter than Jennifer Aniston and Lindsay Lohan, then you probably "get" Miss Dior. If you need to smell like strawberry snow-cone syrup to feel attractive, well, good luck to you - God knows that there are a lot of scents targeted for people with your tastes.

Feminine, female
Reserved (close, withdrawn, upstage)
Subtle bouquet
Hints of powder
French
60ies
London
Resinous (Galbanum and Labdanum)
Aromatic
Herb(al), dry, harsh, wild
Centered

Mysterious and bittersweet, like a deep well in an enchanted castle’s backyard…
Controlled, orderly, crisp (as Anya once commented on it). At first sight… after that layer an animal is hidden. A female one.
A beast inside the beauty.

Imagine creamy gardenias on a bed of moss, in shadowy but sun-peeking-through woods.

Official notes:
Top Notes: clary sage, gardenia, galbanum

Heart Notes: Rose, jasmine, neroli

Base Notes: Patchouli, oakmoss, labdanum.

(Vetiver, leather, aldehydes, iris, narcissus, carnation, lily of the valley, ambergris, sandalwood are also mentioned by some)

FINALLY! My Holy Grai!