Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.8

Wow! The only Dior that I was ever interested in was Diorelle, alas I soon got bored with it, it was too green. Today I tested Miss Dior and let me just say Wow. This is definately on my wishlist/shopping list. It is a beautiful green, Michael Edwards describes it as a mossy/woody. To me it is reminiscent of Chanel's Cristalle, but Miss Dior has a sharper, fresher dry down. Once again, WOW!

i don't understand how anyone can describe this scent as fresh and/or refreshing...to me it's a leathery, mossy chypre...warm, earthy, spicy and all-around wonderful, yes, but light and summery, no. fast becoming one of my favorites.

Created in 1947 by perfumers Jean Carles and Paul Vacher, Miss Dior instantly became a sought-after fragrance, quite contemporary for its time. The aldehydes quickly disperse, leaving notes of fresh sage and gardenia in their wake. Sensual jasmine and viridian lilly emerge, intensifying yet warming the freshness of the sage. As it dries, orris becomes more apparent, adding a gentle powdery finish to the fragrance. Miss Dior often reminds me of my Grandmother's garden in the late spring, as the lilly of the valley began to bloom and the irises unfurled, dew still clinging to thier petals and a lingering dampness in the cool morning air. continued >>

I absolutely love this unique chypre-floral scent. On me it starts with a very powerdy yet not overpowering, soft top note with a little green and sweet (gardenia) then develops into a sweet floral heart note. Becuase of oakmoss base note, Miss Dior is not cloying at all and still retains its freshness in the dominant sweet floral note. Classical, sophisticated chypre-floral. Definitely will repurchase in the future.

For fans of Guerlain Vol de Nuit, Caron Alpona etc. A timeless floral chypre that is always elegant, always appropriate whatever the occasion.

Top Notes: Bergamot, aldehydes, clary sage, gardenia, galbanum

Heart Notes: Rose, jasmine, lily of the valley, carnation, orris

Base Notes: Patchouli, oakmoss, amber, vetiver, sandalwood, leather.

I just get the feeling that this is what Aromatics Elixir wanted to be when she grew up, but she fell in with the wrong crowd, the tawdry group, the loud boisterous ones who wear too much of everything. Miss Dior is merely a scent fraction of Aromatics Elixir. Fortunately it's the fractional part of AE that I love. AS another said, it is something like Dioressence, but I'd say it's a shadow of Dioressence, not a competitor. Basically this Miss Dior is a little potion of mossy tobacco and leather notes, with sage and jasmine-rose accents. She doesn't screech a lot of flowery middle notes or sweet top notes. Subdued subdued subdued. A scent for a rainy day and a game of chess.

Otherworldly. Provokes intense nostalgia. Long ago, the face of a new plastic doll, which smelled sweet and addictive. You wished the elusive scent would never dissipate, but you knew it would, so you buried your nose in the plastic and breathed deeply. Only some toys had this scent. Most didn't, but you knew it when you found one because you couldn't stop sniffing it.
(Was it the type of plastic? Or did the toy manufacturers of that era scent their plastic with a Miss Dior knockoff?) You will never know.
Miss Dior is greater than the sum of its parts. Exotic florals, well-rounded oakmoss, delicious labdanum. But where is that fruitiness coming from? If it were a color and a taste, it would be pale, pastel yellow artificial banana candy. Drives me crazy.

Well, my string of admiration for Diors had to end sometime, I guess, and Miss Dior was the proverbial straw. On the other hand, maybe I am just not able to understand its charms. Anyways, to me, Miss Dior smelled very powdery, oakmossy and ***ahem*** “old-fashioned” (I believe that is the politically correct term nowadays). As far as comparisons go, it is very similar to Ma Griffe but not as pleasant/interesting as Ivoire. Good sillage.

This perfume is lovely. Unfortuately, it doesn't last on me more than hour. Sob. I've not had this problem with perfume before. I put it down to skin chemistry and bad luck.

As someone who can remember how wonderful this perfume used to be, I can best describe how I feel about it now in in the following description. The current version is but a black and white photograph compared to how it used to be in glorious colour. No comparison. And a great pity. Some reformulated fragrances compare quite favourably to the originals, not so with Miss Dior.