Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.8

This smell is too musky for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A flirty floral that reads a little young with some citrus in the top note. I like it but don't love it. I actually like the Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet (lighter and even fruitier) better.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

When I was 16 my best friend got me the original Miss Dior Cherrie for my birthday and I LOVED it. It became the perfume I wore constantly and I repurchased it multiple times, until I ran out and realized that it had been discontinued (which broke my heart a little). After reading reviews saying that Miss Dior was basically the same, I got that and it is quite similar. I'm not sure if it's because I've been wearing it so long that I can notice the difference, because everyone says that it smells the same, but it is slightly off.

Regardless, I still love it (and I don't think they'll be re-releasing the Miss Dior Cherrie anytime soon, so it will have to do). The packaging is the same and absolutely gorgeous! I find that the smell lasts longer than the original, which is a bonus. It's my go-to, everyday perfume and people tell me that it reminds them of me, so it has kind of become a staple. It's got a sophisticated scent, while remaining super fun and it just smells like happiness. I definitely think it's more of a spring/summer perfume but I wear year-round anyway. It is expensive, but I think perfume is one of those things you need to spend the money on so it's more of an investment in my opinion. (Also, it IS Dior, so a hefty price-tag is expected.) While I'd prefer Miss Dior Cherrie (I'll never get over it being discontinued), the new formulation is still fantastic and if I had to only choose one perfume to wear for the rest of my life - this would be it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I love vintage perfumes, especially chypres and leathers. I have far too large a collection, but there was a Miss Dior-shaped hole in it. I'm a little surprised at myself that it took so long to get it, as much as I love Cabochard, Y, Azuree, Givenchy III...you get the picture.
This absence dates back to around 2000, when I first seriously started collecting and wearing vintages. I tried a huge spray of Miss Dior (before there were any Cheries or other flankers - this was IT) and recoiled. It was far too much of everything that my poor ignorant nose knew nothing of: oakmoss, bergamot, leather, powder-florals, patchouli - what can seem dated, and at the time that is the only aspect I saw of Miss Dior.
Last week I tried the current version, just to see - now called Miss Dior Originale. Wow. Even in its current formulation, what I now got was beautiful spare sophistication - filling my imagination with a sense of absolute elegance. When you take the lens of time and fashion from these older scents and experience them on their own terms, they have so much to give.
I'm now the lucky owner of a stunning vintage Miss Dior edt from the 80s - a new favourite piece of art in my collection.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

(I have the 2012 reformulation) I only get mandarin orange and patchouli from this. It's on the sweet side, the artificial kind of sweet. Secretly, I was hoping for a more zesty citrus instead of the sweet one, which smells slightly fermented.

Still, I don't dislike this perfume. The scent itself is nice. I would have liked it better had it been a little bit more brighter and lighter. It's too cloyingly sweet for me now. This is fitted for cold spring days and winter time.

This perfume sticks around for a really long time. If I spray this in my inner elbows I'll still be able to smell it over 16 hours later. Miss Dior does not fill up and take over a room (unless you overspray by A LOT), it sits rather close to the skin. Had it been less sweet then this would definitely have been a love.

This review is for the new Miss Dior eau de parfum, i think it was released in 2012.

I think this perfume smells really lovely. It smells sweet and elegant. Natalie Portman is a really good spokesperson for this perfume, because when u smell Miss Dior EDP, u imagine someone like her, a young lady in her 20s/early 30s, who's beautiful in a classy womanly way, not in a teenybopper way and not in a femme fatale way. Doesn't that sound just like Natalie? :)

It's definitely one of my favourite scents, and my bf really likes it too. (Somehow we have similar tastes, fortunately!) I don't get why some people go on and on about how Miss Dior Cherie (the older version) is so much better, i think they're biased because they tried and loved Miss Dior Cherie first. I slightly prefer Miss Dior Cherie, because I'm very girly and like very sweet scents. But they're on the same high level. If I gave MDC a 9, i'd give Miss Dior EDP an 8.5. They both smell gorgeous.

This review is for the *new* Miss Dior that is part Miss Dior Cherie now. The first time I smelled Miss Dior I smelled the Eau Fraiche version and I hated it. It smelled very...old lady ish. Once I smelled the Eau de Parfum I fell in love. It does NOT smell old lady ish, instead it reminds me a bit of Black Amethyst from BBW, but also a bit Chanel like. Grown up, but not "mature". It makes me feel fancy. I know that sounds silly, but it makes me feel so grown up =) I bought the 1oz bottle for $70 which is pricey, but seeing as I already used up 1/4 in the last few weeks I see it was well worth it! I'm not a huge fan of the weird bow cap, but I will gladly put up with it. It smells lovely and I recommend that everyone go and try this new version of Miss Dior!

I used to wear the original Miss Dior approximately 30 years ago and I loved it. Purchased some recently and it is definitely not quite the same, wouldn't buy again. And don't get me started on the horrid "Cherie" version which is sickeningly sweet.

I wanted to like this, but it reminds me of something a grandmother would wear. I think you might be able to get away with it as a teenager (or a grandmother), but the sweet, floral, powdery notes don't have any seductive or professional connotations, and I think fragrances for young women should fall into one of those two camps. It also smells very "perfumey" and seems likely to induce a headache. I can understand why people like this, because it smells "nice," like a flower, but it's not for me. I do enjoy some floral fragrances like Coach Poppy, which has a more delicious and sophisticated edge.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I find this very bland and suitable for young girls rather than women. I do like it still, it is very easy to wear and is probably unlikely to disturb anyone at all. However it seems too similar to other stuff that is popular now. It is light and sweet and flowery and it does not have much character. However I like it because it makes an excellent "sleeping fragrance". I wear it to bed and Ill sleep well. If I try to sleep with something like Anais Anais or Red Door. no can do, because these fragrances are so full of character that they simply make me restless while Miss Dior is soothing and comforting with it non offensive notes. However, I possibly would not wear it on daytime, because it would put me right to sleep.