Dior Miss Dior

3.9

This smell is too musky for me.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Sweet, boring, old fashioned, from granny's youth. The retro unimaginative packaging makes this fragrance so dull and boring that it's not worth the money. I'm not even sure they manufacture it anymore.

As someone who can remember how wonderful this perfume used to be, I can best describe how I feel about it now in in the following description. The current version is but a black and white photograph compared to how it used to be in glorious colour. No comparison. And a great pity. Some reformulated fragrances compare quite favourably to the originals, not so with Miss Dior.

This perfume is lovely. Unfortuately, it doesn't last on me more than hour. Sob. I've not had this problem with perfume before. I put it down to skin chemistry and bad luck.

Well, my string of admiration for Diors had to end sometime, I guess, and Miss Dior was the proverbial straw. On the other hand, maybe I am just not able to understand its charms. Anyways, to me, Miss Dior smelled very powdery, oakmossy and ***ahem*** “old-fashioned” (I believe that is the politically correct term nowadays). As far as comparisons go, it is very similar to Ma Griffe but not as pleasant/interesting as Ivoire. Good sillage.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Smells old ladyish, looks old ladyish, and reminds me of a sharp Vanderbilt.
The pristine daughter {Miss Dior Cherie} far surpasses this common, outdated, over-rated fragrance. Perhaps I'd have had a higher opinion of this if not for sampling the delights of MDC and even any of the Poison range before this. They are extremely different to this, and far better.

Not the same as it used to be!!! I wore this YEARS ago and always loved it. But, I recently ordered a bottle and it is just not the same. It used to be deep, woodsy, sexy but now it is powdery and lighter. Wish I could find the original!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got the eau de parfum . I had high expectations, but this perfume is really not suited to the hot humid climate I live in here in Malaysia. Its too warming and strong, I should have gotten the eau de toilette. Definitely can't can't wear it to the office. Perhaps this is more suited to colder climates.

I wanted to like this, but it reminds me of something a grandmother would wear. I think you might be able to get away with it as a teenager (or a grandmother), but the sweet, floral, powdery notes don't have any seductive or professional connotations, and I think fragrances for young women should fall into one of those two camps. It also smells very "perfumey" and seems likely to induce a headache. I can understand why people like this, because it smells "nice," like a flower, but it's not for me. I do enjoy some floral fragrances like Coach Poppy, which has a more delicious and sophisticated edge.

Oh my, this is a strong pungent smell! Its called 'miss dior' but i think its smells, as other reviewers have mentioned, rather heavily granny! I really can't get over how strong it is! Its a warm, rich evening scent which, like most CD perfumes, makes me cough. Its kinda like the perfume version of having a strong drink and there is an element of manly aftershave about it, lol. The CD quality is there, but its not a very versatile fragrance its really only for old fashioned glamorous evenings.

Popular Fragrances