Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.2

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Very sharp and dusty on me. Too dry, too edged. There was no elegance or sophistication here, just a spoiled woman yelling to have her own way. Not for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This seems very weak. Not even sure what it is about it. I usually HATE patchouli but I don't sense it much even though its the main scent. I smell mostly musky with a hint of rose & orange. I really am not impressed at all.
It just seems to lack anything solid. I will go on to try the original if I can. It doesn't smell strong which is a plus to me but it seems to be more soft like a cologne or body spray?

To me this is classic, inoffensive and very low-risk. I get mostly white flowers and a hint of soapiness, drying down to a very gentle slightly-soapy leather in about two hours. Nicely done but does not wow me. I might wear it as a daytime scent if I got it as a gift but I don't actually feel compelled to purchase it for myself.

I bought it after being inspired by a cosmetics and perfume module at college--the professor had hailed it as the ultimate chypre fragrance, befitting ladies of elegant and glamourous personalities. I admit it is quite glam-smelling at the first sniff, but after a while it kind of sits like this heavy artificial vapour of chemicals on my clothes. I get a headache if I spray too much. These days I only brazen to use it if I'm bored with my Body Shop Oceanus or if there is an evening function to attend.

I'm writing this after trying a sample of Miss Dior eau de toilette. I am not familiar with the old version and I don't know what's in this scent (except the pachouli), but I was surprised that I liked it. I'm usually not a fan of pachouli but in this fragrance, I'm OK with it. This comes on strong when you first spray it on but then it settles down into a lovely fragrance. This is very long-lasting. I put it on in the afternoon and could still smell it the next morning. After it's on a while, it's sweet (but not too) and feminine. I'm not putting an "age group" to it, because I think anyone can wear it. I might not purchase this, however, because it's rather expensive.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a lovely scent but I don't think it's my favorite or the most interesting one out there. Like a lot of other people have already said, it's a young but classy scent. It's a mix of citris and (more faintly) flowers, so it smells more light and refreshing than it does sweet or sugary. It's quite strong (1-2 spritz is more than enough!) and lasts for the majority of the day when I spray it into my hair and around my neck area.

The packaging is SUPER cute, it's a clear, square spritz bottle with a glass bow on top. This leans on the pricier side, but it IS Dior so that's not surprising.

NOTE: I think the dry down tends to lean powdery on me, so I don't think it's the best scent for my particular body chemistry. You may have a different experience.

The perfume scent is amazing. It is one of my absolute favorites. The scent is very sweet and innocent. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is because it doesn't last all night or all day. The fragrance is subtle so if you like to spray once in the morning and have it last all day, this may not work for you since you may have to re-spritz after a couple of hours. But OMG It smells A-MAZ-ING!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'd heard about this fragrance in connection with the history of fashion--the scent that accompanied Dior's New Look in 1947. These accounts always call it a floral, exemplifying the return to luxury and femininity. So, when I received a bundle of chypres in a swap (and what a wonderful swap it was!), I was surprised to see this EDT included, and to find out it's actually a green floral chypre.

Anything that begins with galbanum and ends with oakmoss is alright by me. The floral character is most pronounced in the middle of its run. I liked it even better as it dried down and got mossier. At this point, it has an almost powdery--but not at all musty--quality as well, reminiscent of Chanel 19 with its light touch of leather. The overall effect is still sweet, but not cloying. A dainty chypre.

This is one of my favourite perfumes. To me, it feels like the perfect middle ground for young but still sophisticated. To me, it smells a bit on the sweet side but not in an overpowering way at all like some strong vanilla perfumes out there. I always get compliments on this when I put it on and I actually love the scent at the end of the day just as much as when I first put it on. If you are looking for a sweet, but crisp, and young yet sophisticated scent, go pick up a sample from Sephora to test it out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this perfume. I really, really do. This is what comes to mind when I think luxurious French perfume. It smells clean, powerful, and beautiful. I have read the many lamentations of the much-loved Miss Cherie Dior from 2005. I own that perfume as well and can honestly say that I prefer this one. Don't get me wrong, I still like the previous one, but this is the more sophisticated and refined sister. Upon initial spritz I smell something reminiscent of Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers. Just for like a minute or two. And I'm not a fan of that perfume. After a moment I'm enveloped in a gorgeous patchouli/citrus harmony with a kiss of floral. Not flowery, just a perect blend of earthy and clean. As the perfume dries down, it becomes a more masculine patchouli scent that could easily be worn by men. Maybe that's why I love this fragrance so much. It's feminine and masculine which keeps me from getting bored. I think this one will be a classic and can see myself wearing this for years to come. Plus it has amazing lasting power especially for a toilette. Well done, Dior.

Popular Fragrances