Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

4.4

I'm writing this after trying a sample of Miss Dior eau de toilette. I am not familiar with the old version and I don't know what's in this scent (except the pachouli), but I was surprised that I liked it. I'm usually not a fan of pachouli but in this fragrance, I'm OK with it. This comes on strong when you first spray it on but then it settles down into a lovely fragrance. This is very long-lasting. I put it on in the afternoon and could still smell it the next morning. After it's on a while, it's sweet (but not too) and feminine. I'm not putting an "age group" to it, because I think anyone can wear it. I might not purchase this, however, because it's rather expensive.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This review is for Miss Dior EDP. I've been searching for a special perfume for a long time now. I own lots of different fragrances including Valentina, Jimmy Choo, Flowerbomb, Chanel No 5 and Coco, all of which are lovely but somehow not special enough for me to call 'the one'. Yesterday I walked into a perfume shop and sprayed about a dozen different scents onto tester strips writing the name of the fragrance on each one. This morning I took them out of my bag and did several blind tests. The perfume that stood out the most was Miss Dior.
This fragrance is stunningly beautiful. Without question the loveliest perfume I've ever tried. A sophisticated, gorgeous aroma. Love it.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is for the vintage, a sample from a very generous MUAer who is to kind to share. Ohhhhhh, my mom gave me this as a teen. All the girls were wearing Chantilly or something vanilla and cheap and she insisted I wear the fragrance for a young LADY.
This begins sharp and one cringes and shakes her head, oH, what happened to my scent! Then it begins to change and change and change. Warm, lady like, but with a kick. Yep! Mom was right, even at my old age of 68, still like it. Why did I not keep some of it? LOL, a question we 'fumistas are continually asking ourselves. LOL

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Spritzed this at Saks. I am not a fan of the newer, sugarpop fragrances in pretty girly colors. After reading the reviews, this sounded interesting. On me, this smelled old lady. Since I am an old lady (60), that is the last way I want to smell. I want to smell modern, sexy and sophisticated. Sorry, not a nose, so cannot identify the individual components. But I read it had some of the same notes as other fragrances I like or have enjoyed in the past. So, I was very disappointed. The dry down is somewhat better than the initial scent.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So much has been said about this fragrance. One can go to almost any review to read the classification and notes. The timeless beauty of this scent has been described many times. All I have to say is that I too have fallen for it's charm. I love Black Cashmere by Donna Karen and here I go again, in love with another hard to find fragrance.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a wonderful fragrance that on me has the powdery, elegant, spicy, warm, sensual, expensive, unique, and long lasting smell and feel that I want from my perfumes. I first wore this years ago and at the time didn't know anyone else who wore it. I still don't smell it often on others which is a shame because it's so great. I'm always complimented by both men and women when I wear it and when I tell people it's Miss Dior most have never heard of it. If it's hard to find keep looking because it's definitely worth the time and money.

Created in 1947 by perfumers Jean Carles and Paul Vacher, Miss Dior instantly became a sought-after fragrance, quite contemporary for its time. The aldehydes quickly disperse, leaving notes of fresh sage and gardenia in their wake. Sensual jasmine and viridian lilly emerge, intensifying yet warming the freshness of the sage. As it dries, orris becomes more apparent, adding a gentle powdery finish to the fragrance. Miss Dior often reminds me of my Grandmother's garden in the late spring, as the lilly of the valley began to bloom and the irises unfurled, dew still clinging to thier petals and a lingering dampness in the cool morning air. continued >>