Dior Miss Dior

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'd heard about this fragrance in connection with the history of fashion--the scent that accompanied Dior's New Look in 1947. These accounts always call it a floral, exemplifying the return to luxury and femininity. So, when I received a bundle of chypres in a swap (and what a wonderful swap it was!), I was surprised to see this EDT included, and to find out it's actually a green floral chypre.

Anything that begins with galbanum and ends with oakmoss is alright by me. The floral character is most pronounced in the middle of its run. I liked it even better as it dried down and got mossier. At this point, it has an almost powdery--but not at all musty--quality as well, reminiscent of Chanel 19 with its light touch of leather. The overall effect is still sweet, but not cloying. A dainty chypre.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own the original vintage glass bottle of this Miss Dior pure perfume. I got this when I was 19 when I flew from England back home to Hong Kong by British Airways. At 19 back then (I am now 45), I already knew that it is precious to pick up this perfume while I could get it duty free on the plane. I got this perfume at 15ml (very concentrate) together with a 30ml Eau De Gucci bottle, which is also now became a rare vintage.

Both perfumes stood the test of time. Even now, they are still in great condition and the scents stayed put all these years (I stored them well), also due to their potency.

I love Miss Dior, it smells a little strong for the first 2 minutes during wearing. In a few moments, the warmth of our skin transforms it into a classy, warm, smooth and comforting scent and stay for the rest of the day. It works with a lot of women's body chemistry. A few dabs are all I need - It last me ALL THESE YEARS! I only wear this on very special occasions throughout these years. I would say this is not for too suitable to wear on a hot humid summer day, more for fall to winter, or early spring kind of perfume.

I went to Sephora to check out their recent version of Miss Dior perfume - bottle looks the same - but the smell is more dilute & sweet, not the same like the original vintage version....too bad! I would definitely buy it again if the scent improves more like its original.