4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

Great shade - can be mixed in with other shades to compliment it -like a pink/nude shade or pink fudge can suit different skin tones - very elegant and natural looking. Wears off somewhat easily like many other lip glosses - but great product lasts ages. Good value for money. Lovely when worn with smoky dusky pink/plum eyes. Packaging ruins in bag. Update : alittle sticky and shade may be dull for some; great for all ages inc mature.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3.0
from

9 years ago

Chanel's Praline Glossimer is a beautiful natural brown rose, but unfortunatly it's too brown for my fair skin (NW15-20). I much prefer Wild Rose, which is similar, but has some shimmer and is a bit lighter and less brown. This would be great for someone with skin darker than me. It has no shimmer at all, and no scent, it's not very sticky but stays on well. The only issue I have with the glossimers is the packaging tends to leak a bit up at the top. Eventually the gloss migrates up into the top.

About reviewer (538 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

9 years ago

This gloss is my ultimate HG in gloss, It is not sticky or drying and has decent enough staying power. However, I think most glosses need to be reapplied fairly often so that's not really saying much. The main thing for me is that it is a complementary shine without appearing greasy, glassy or vinyl-like and it has no sparkle, glitter, frost, or iridescence. I am an NC 30 and the Praline is ideal for day time makeup and flattering and understated for the smokey eye.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

9 years ago

Love this, the shade is great for giving my pale lips some colour but looking quite natural, low key and no sparkles, not keen on sparkles. Very natural everyday colour and good for cool toned skin. Good staying power without being overly sticky.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

10 years ago

Absolutely love this gloss!!! I have been using it for a few years Unfortunately it was discontinued :(

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Enhances the lips, looks natural, but oh so fresh and polished. Great great color for all complexions. I'm not even a tremendous lipgloss fan, but this won me over immediately and i've been wearing it every day. It also seems to condition the lips, they look smooth, glossy, but not overly so, and healthy. Thanks for all the great reviews here, it didn't disappoint, to say the least.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Other

HairBlond

10 years ago

It's pricey but IMO well worth the $$! I have been using this daily and couldn't be happier! :)

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! This is a fantastic gloss- not too sticky with a lovely 'grown up' shine...unlike some glosses which make your lips look like a disco ball. The colour is great too, almost the same as my normal lip colour but it adds more depth and gives a beautiful look. I would also highly recommend the Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Mademoiselle if you like this. As some other reviewers have said, it is best to try on the colours at the counter- some of them look much darker/lighter on the lip than they appear in the tube.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

10 years ago

Like many other reviewers, I bought this based on MUA reviews. At first, I wasn't sure whether it'd be worth it because it IS just a plain pink lip gloss for HK$270 (US$35). I could buy 2 of MAC's lipglasses with that and still have a bit left over. Right there I checked the MUA reviews on my phone and thought "Okay... 92% of people would repurchase this... that says something". So I bought it and I'm so glad I did. The colour is hard to describe. It is a gorgeous pink but with a hint of brown? This kinda forms a nudey pink colour that is oh so versatile and so beautiful. I use this a LOT whether it is for an every day look to uni or when I'm wearing heavy eye make up and want a neutral lip. I think this would work really well for working women as well because it gives colour without being too bright. It also has absolutely no shimmer and it is not extremely glossy so it works really well for that. :) Sometimes I wear a pink lip stain underneath just to intensify the colour a bit more. :) The staying power of this is great and I must mention that the texture is lovely. Not sticky but very smooth and I actually don't need to apply a lip balm beforehand which is great. The packaging is really pretty. A long slim tube with a gold band in between the gloss and the applicator. Tres chic :) P.S. I'm a bit nervous about uploading a photo with my entire face so I'll upload my... mouth lol with nothing but this lip gloss on :)

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

This is the one lip product that I can't live without...!!! I have nothing negative to say about this lip gloss is PERFECT.The packaging is perfect has sponge applicator and usually I hate sponge applicators,I prefer brushes,but this Chanel one works just great no complains about it.The color is so perfect for me it's quite strange color I can't describe it with one word it's a medium pink,rose and mauve combination of colors and is very close to my natural lip color.The reason that I love this color so much is because although it's so natural it goes my natural lip color to the maximum and this is something I like a lot.The quality is the best part of this product.I have used every single high end lip gloss(Dior,Estee Lauder,MAC,Clinique,Stilla,YSL,Lancome and many more.)But Chanel lip glosses are PHENOMENON!!!!!Offers almost opaque coverage like a lipstick,stays on the lips almost like a lipstick but doesn't feel heavy or sticky at all!!!The price compared with other high end brands it's the same(26 euros) so I wasn't surprised by that.The color for me it's very wearable I wear it with any eye shadow and blush I want.I can easily do a smoky look and keep my lips neutral with this color,but also I can easily leave my eyes naked and emphasize my lips again with the same shade and a lip liner.The one lip liner that works excellent for me with this lip gloss is again from Chanel and it's the number 31 tulip.This shade by it self gives as I said almost opaque coverage so I almost never wear lipstick under it

About reviewer (462 reviews)

Age25-29