MAC Cosmetics Lipglass in Tux-de-Luxe

No Image

4.8

on 8/28/2012 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Check my photo of the lovely tux de luxe here:

What an interesting thing, how does it turn berry colored? No clue. But it sure does- it looks like a pretty sheer plum on me, and I love the copper glitter. I'd been worried with my pale lips that it would be grey, but no. I've gained a new appreciation for grey/lavender type colors lately, which are remarkably flattering on me. This one isn't an exception, and I like the glossiness and sheerness. Most MAC lipglass is just too pigmented for me- gloss with too much pigment is just such a disaster when I wear it, it winds up on my teeth, it creeps off my lips, it's no good. I like their lustreglass though. But I digress. Yes, this one is worth grabbing if you can find it; it's still out there, but I'm betting most tubes have gone off a bit like mine; the vanilla smell is loooong gone. Not a big deal, though. continued >>

on 3/7/2005 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was the first lipglass I bought...and only so far, for that matter! I loved this color! Even loved the slight smell it has. I used up my tube and then found out it was a special edition! I hate that I get something I like and its either a limited edition or discontinued!!! Booo! I've been looking for something to replace it.

on 2/20/2005 12:16:00 PM

Best lipglass ever! The only one that I actually have a backup of! And I've used up almost my entire tube. I can't believe that this is LE.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

If you've read more than one review from me it's because I am going thru my MAC lipgloss stash. Oh my...I came across this one, and I don't know why I have not made more use of it! I have very full lips and tanned complexion (see picture on my profile) and this looks just gorgeous! It goes on clear and looks much better than the C-Thru shade. It only gives me a hint of sheerness which is perfect for me! This one's going in the "usable" stash!

on 4/3/2004 6:03:00 PM

Tux de Luxe is great! It looks so unwearable in the tube, but it actually appears to be a sheer taupey/berry color with glitter. But don't put it on too thick, or it'll appear really gray. I could do without the glitter, but it doesn't make much of a difference anyway. It also tones down bright colors. I've never seen anything else like it so it's really too bad it was LE.

on 3/27/2004 7:41:00 PM

I got a hold of one and just love it. I was concerned it might have a grey undertone but it looks like a plum color to me and I can wear it without a lipliner. Too bad it's LE. I am a NC 30 and I'd rather prefer Tux-de-Luxe than Joyberry or Bazaarish.

on 2/24/2004 4:11:00 PM

I really wish this hadn't been discontinued because I can't find another color that even comes close to it. Tux-de-Luxe didn't appeal to me when it came out because it just seemed like such an odd, unwearable color (black with large glitter in the tube). However, after reading reviews for it, I got a hold of one. On my pigmented lips, it looks like a sheer berry, just deepening the color of my lips a little and making them look plummier. I have to apply it very sheerly otherwise my lips have a greyish cast.

on 1/24/2004 5:13:00 PM

MAC people are beyond comprehension. This shade looks charcoal grey in the tube, goes on making my lips look slightly cherry-stained. The glitter is understated and great for evening. BUT this is LE ! What, MAC, are you NUTZ??? This should be a staple shade. But...no....it's LE.

on 1/20/2004 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite Mac Lipglass. I have been holding it dear since it's release a few winters ago. It's black with multi colored glitter in the tube, but once applied it's this wonderful neutral type color. The look changes depending on the liner you use. I've had a hard time finding another one, but am happy to report that I've managed to duplicate the exact lipglass and will be able to wear my Tux-de-Luxe long after this one tube is empty.