SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.4

I'm acne prone and I have a bad habit of squeezing my zits. This makes my skin really damaged with the broken skin from squeezing and sometimes scratching. As I moved to my twenties, I realize that my metabolic rate slows down so much and my skin doesn't heal as fast as it would when I was a teenager. This was really bad as skin that doesn't heal fast for me leaves me with unsightly scars.

What I love about SKII facial treatment essence and Pitera is that is helps speed up my skin metabolic rate. My scars and broken skin heals comparably as when I was a teenager. To manage expectations, Pitera is not an instant miracle. It usually takes a few days for me to see my skin heal faster. Especially if I havn't been using FTE for awhile. I usually will get these weird "scabs" over my open wounds that is flaky. It's not the kind of scabs you have anywhere else in your body, well, unless you decide to apply the facial treatment essence over them as well. Hahaha.

It also give my facial skin a shine and "radiance" after prolonged use of a few months. I was in my early twenties (20-22) when I started using it regularly, which is probably why FTE has such dramatic effects on me. But I have oily skin, so the shine is not really wanted here. :( A little shine is good. Gives me the radiance. But I realize that the longer I use FTE, the more shine my skin has. Even after washing my face, with no oil on it, my skin is still shiny. It's really obvious on my forehead sides. So I have no choice but to stop using for awhile to let the shine go away. The shine usually takes some time to go away too. Well, at least I can say the effects of FTE is pretty long lasting. I usually use SKII FTE periodically. The breaks are to stop my skin from getting too shiny that it looks ridiculous. (At the same time I feel sad as I'm not feeding my skin with Pitera to increase its metabolic rate...) Maybe the other products like the creams would not give me skin too much shine

All in all, it's a really awesome product. I don't think it helps much for people with good or normal skin, but it works wonders for bad damaged skin. My skin has minimal scars for something so damaged. :P The only gripe I have is the crazy price. :( My suggestion is that is there's a reliable online retailer who sells authentic SKII products (there's a lot of fakes out there so beware!), go be their loyal customer and buy it from them. Well, online prices aren't cheap either, but shaving off tens of dollars (sometimes to a hundred) from brick and motar shops is good enough for me.

I used this product for over 6 months and have come to the conclusion that it did not do much for me after the initial one month or so, after I started to use it. It looked better for a little while and then it did nothing for me, for the rest of the 5 months. Maybe my pores are a little smaller now, but that could be the clarisonic face brush I started to use. I substituted it with the Missha first treament essence and that seemed like it worked better than the SKII. Or maybe it's my imagination. I will try something else instead.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately I break out in teeny tiny itchy zits whenever I try to use it so I can't really give this a proper review. I've given it to a friend and will update soon with her verdict!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using it for a year and a half when I write this review. I have normal-oily skin, sensitive and acne-prone. I just finished my acne treatment and finish 4 months of accutane consumption before deciding to purchase it. I got 30ml samples given by one of my friend before deciding to purchase the huge bottle. Amazingly, 30ml is enough for almost two months.

I know this product has a specific scent, but it is still manageable and doesn't affect anything to me. I apply twice a day, first in the morning before applying moisturizer and makeup. the second is before going to bed. I first wash my face, apply this and close it with night cream.

I see visible changes on my face. It's getting better day by day, my skin feels smoother, the breakout tends to disappear and it becomes easier to apply my makeup. My friends who never meet me several months quite shocks when they see me. they told me that my skin never gets any better before I put this as my daily routine. I know this product is expensive but for me it's worth every penny and I think I'll use this for my whole life.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I hope this review isn't too premature, as I have only been using SK-II FTE for under a week now. I splurged on the product after having a horrible reaction to some birth control I was taking. I hardly ever break out (I mean ever) and after three months of trying to stick on this birth control my face was a complete mess. For someone who hardly breaks out, the change in my face was pretty depressing. A mere days after finally deciding to stop the birth control my face started to clear up and become a little bit more normal. I began incorporating retinol back into my nightly routine and my skin slowly started to clear up. As much as my face was clearly up, it just wasn't fast enough for me.

I remember hearing about this product on a fellow skincare blogger's instagram. She raved that it was the first product that ever got her interested in skin care; it cleared her face up one day after trying everything else.

So I did my research and as expensive as this bottle is, I still forked down the cash knowing that it I had a bad reaction like a few reviewers had then I could always just take my bottle back (hooray for Bloomingdale's return policy).

But here is the thing ladies -- so far I'm loving it. I can't say I loved paying $100 for the smallest bottle, but I can say that I love how quickly this product is clearing my face up. As long as the product I buy works and makes a significant difference in my face; one that was not shown before using the product, then I will pay the price. I bought this product on Friday and it is now Tuesday. If I had taken a before and after of my face before I started using this product I'm pretty sure you would be amazed. I don't what the hell pitera does to make your skin clear up and feel so smooth...and honestly I don't care. Just keep doing what you are doing FTE.

Like I said, I have only been using this magical liquid for less than a week so I can only hope that this goodness continues. I will definitely update in some time to share if the magic is still working. As of right now, my pores are a lot smoother and the few pimples I had left on my face are clearing up. I have still had a couple pimples pop up in the few days that I have been using this but they have popped up and gone down in literally a day. Where as when i was on birth control I had gotten use to waiting days for a pimple to pop and finally heal itself. My skin has a radiance that that gives me the confidence to go make up less even though the right side of my face is a little bit scarred.

I know a few have had issues of either having this product me a miracle product and it eventually causing their skin to dry, or break them out. I think I am clear on the break out but am definitely hoping that this product continues to treat me well.

So far, with the way this product is working, I would absolutely buy again. It seems the product lasts a while and as long as it's working, it's a winner.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT: 7-17-13

Totally broke out in little pimples. Every time I used this. Thought it could be my skin getting use to a new product but that wasn't the case. Stopped using it and the little white heads stopped. Tried using it again and they returned. Bummed because I do love the glow that this stuff achieves. Not worth the constant little pimples though. Sitting on my bathroom shelf until further notice.

I started using FTE 3 years ago. My skin improved a lot after the month, and continue to get better. And even I was diagnosed with mild rosacea last year, it didn't stop me using, and I think it sort of help my rosacea under control. I've been telling my friends that I have rosacea, and none of them believe it as I do not see any symptoms such like redness, red bumps, etc. My face just look like normal. However, until a few months ago I had this crazy break outs (unknown reason), my doc asked me to use steroid cream. At first it was okay, but after a month using it, it worsen my rosacea (for those who has rosacea, please don't use anything contain steroid). Later, i searched online and found something called "steroid induced rosacea". And ever since, my face become very sensitive, and I have to stop using everything I use on a daily basis, and switch to something basic, and gentle, including this FTE. I really hate to see that I have to stop using it, as it gives me VERY GOOD result. My pore is less visible, even out my skin tone, and my face is more bright and fresh. Thank god I only use the steroid for only a month, and I read online that the situation should not be as serious as for someone using it for a long term, so it should go away in a few months. I'm using something very basic now while recovering from this, which is Cerave hydrating cleanser and lotion, and La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water as toner. I recommended the FTE to my face who is suffering from sudden break outs, with large pores. She said after using it for two weeks, it reduces the amount of break outs, and make her pore smaller. Oh, for those who use it on cotton pad, I find it more effective using it on your hand and pat it to your face. I really hope I can go back to use it soon..............

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember seeing this at Saks 4 or so years ago while shopping with my Mom. I was in another department and wandered over finding my Mom checking out at the register and saw her total - over $600!?! I was pissed. My Mom did not need to be spending that kind of money on skincare, I thought....because surely, I know what's best for her ;) Well, she ignored me and bought it anyway.

4 years later, my Mom is still a fan. She's in her late 50s, I'm in my mid twenties - people ask if she's my sister. This should be enough to tell you to buy it.

Now my experience - 9 months ago, i got married... had a HUGE wedding which equals HUGE stress and my face never really recovered since. I got fed up with not being confident enough in my skin to leave the house without foundation covering it (pre-wedding/engagement i was able to get away with eye makeup alone)... So after chatting with friends, family and of course my dear Mom, (and reading MA!) I decided to give SKII FTE a try. WOW talk about taking my breath away... the next day - yes, THE NEXT DAY - after applying it twice (the night before and the morning of) my husband commented on how smooth my skin looked. No, it was not an overnight transformation but after two applications, having my skin visibly smoother under foundation? I'll take it! It's been about a month now and you'll find me waltzing around the shopping centers of LA flaunting my bare skin without foundation :) it's definitely been a major change.... I'm not 100% yet but my skin is much clearer, more even tones, less red and my acne wedding stress induced scares are almost completely gone. Oh and those fine lines we start getting around this age - those are just a memory now. For a while, i wasn't getting carded at bars with my husband - now i'm back to getting carded for everything...even Sharpies at Target - CARDED FOR SHARPIES!! lol

My Mom continues to remind me of that day 4 years ago at Saks when I gave her such a hard time for spending that kind of cash. Here I am handing over my debit card, with my hard earned funds on it, for beautiful skin. Um, yes it's totally worth it :)

I <3 you Pitera! SKII is seriously miracle water.... talk about the fountain of youth!

I suffer from hormonal acne for the past 2 years. I gave into the advertisements and tried the FTE for the first time in my life in desperation. It worked, at least for my first 75ml bottle. The whiteheads seemed to go away and acne was stemmed. However, I decided to purchase 2 larger bottles from the airport -- I'm not sure if it's the batch quality, but my old condition returned. In any case, my confidence in this product vanished, so since then, I've given all my samples and purchases to my mom, who has never looked better after using it. Looks like this is too rich for someone with dry combination skin and hormonal acne.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My skin glows. Soaks into the pores and adds a freshness & clearness to skin.

i completed one bottle of the essence & my skin really feels no different..To see the result after 28 days,i think is quite difficult..Maybe need to try the full entire series to get the result..No miracle for me..