Zirh Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.8

This felt like sand on my skin, it's way to harsh and didn't exfoliate very well (I get better results with bi-carb).

on 12/1/2006 2:13:00 AM

Well, I'm a chick and I'm going to write a review about this anyway!

I bought this for my ex-BF (when we were still together) and used to sneak some of it for myself. It's a sort of gel with the finest little scrub particles I've ever experienced. It's just gritty enough to be satisfying, but so gentle too. Has a zingy scent that's strong but won't make your eyes water or anything (and men seem to prefer strongly-scented products for whatever reason. Makes them feel manlier I guess) and washes off cleanly. Expensive, but a nice gift for the man in your life :) My only beef is that it comes in an aluminum tube--stylish but not practical.

My boyfriend *finally* agreed to try something other than Lever 2000 on his face when I brought this home. All I can say is "smooth". I also noticed that when he shaves, he stays smooth longer since starting this (and a few other products- but this was the catalyst).

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My husband and I both love this scrub. What a rush! It smells phenom, and the grit particles are fine and regularly shaped, which makes for the best possible result. This is neither the most expensive scrub out there nor the cheapest, but for the money, it is one of the better scrubs I have tried. Also, it smells far more expensive than it is ($14.50 USD). I will warn that my face is very oily and can withstand far more exfoliation than most women's skin. So for those ladies whose skin doesn't need that much babying or fragile care, I would highly recommend this. Of course, most men could use this product, and would probably love it.

on 5/20/2004 7:26:00 AM

I have mixed reviews about this. My SO loves it, but for me this is way too harsh. They got pumice or something rather in it....I bought a foot scrub a few days ago and guess what, it had pumice in it. It worked fine for my feet, but my face is another story. Also since starting to use natural skin care, the fake smells get to me. So, for me this product is not for facial use, for my SO this product rocks.

So, I will not buy it again for myself, but will do it for my man!!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My husband and I both love this scrub. What a rush! It smells phenom, and the grit particles are fine and regularly shaped, which makes for the best possible result. This is neither the most expensive scrub out there nor the cheapest, but for the money, it is one of the best scrubs I have tried. Also, it smells far more expensive than it is ($14.50 USD). I will warn that my face is very oily and can withstand far more exfoliation than most women's skin. So for those ladies whose skin doesn't need that much babying or fragile care, I would highly recommend this. Of course, most men could use this product, and would probably love it.

If you need something super gentle yet still very effective, I would recommend ORIGINS NEVER A DULL MOMENT as one of the best exfoliators and a truly great value for the money, though slightly more expensive. It is excellent (not gritty; uses enzymes to dissolve and exfoliate dead skin cells). I am giving it a shout out here because I don't think many MUAers are aware of it. It only has 3 reviews at the moment, but all are 5 lippie, 100% repurchase. continued >>

This I can only review from vicarious experience. My boyfriend uses Zirh's entire line and this has got to be his favorite product. It has nice little smooth grains in it and smells simply delish. He alternates this with Clean a few times a week and his skin feels nice and smooth afterwards. He uses this in the shower after a few minutes of steam because he says it seems to get the softened ded skin cells off better that way. A+.

on 6/30/2003 11:56:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, but my face got irrtated and skinned. I had three weeks to recover from it...too bad.

on 5/11/2003 8:51:00 PM

GREAT. I love it because it's something my SO and I can both use. It feels great. Feels clean, not too harsh yet aggressive. It's very reasonably priced IMO. I don't like the packaging--the tube cracks when you get down to the end of it, and the coloring flakes off all over the place. Makes for a messy vanity and fingertips. Other than that, raves!

on 12/15/2002 4:01:00 PM

I really like this scrub. It is not too harsh and does not dry out my skin. I love Zirh packaging. The metal tubes and containers wear and travel well, plus they look so clean.