Zirh Scrub

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a huge fan of the Zirh range. What I love about their products is that a little goes a very long way. This is true for Zirh Scrub. The tube is packed with the stuff and you only need to use the smallest amount. The scrubs I've used in the past have been fairly abrasive, but Zirh Scrub is fine and gentle, leaving the skin feeling smooth and refreshed (not like an open wound). There's something about Zirh; it's just a pleasure to use. It's the only range that I can say I've definitely noticed a difference to how my skin looks. I only use scrub a few times a week (as per the directions on the tube) and that's fine. I'd also like to mention that I love the smell of this. It has a lovely earthy/musky smell.

on 2/23/2008 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a bag of prepackaged samples from Sephora, and surprisingly, this men's skincare scrub was the first thing I wanted to try. The sample packet said "aloe facial scrub," and from what I can find on the internet, the key ingredients are simply "Aloe Vera, Diatomaceous earth, Sage." If Wikipedia can be trusted, diatomaceous earth is a naturally-occurring rock that can be crumbled into a very light, abrasive powder. And that's really what makes this scrub so nice- the scrub particles are so very small and light, making this scrub feel so much more delicate and gentle versus a scrub that uses, say, walnut shells. It has a bit of a fragrance, but not a lot of scent. It's sort of a fresh, manly smell.

Zirh claims, on their website, that this scrub "reduces the appearance of blemishes and blackheads by eliminating surface toxins and neutralizing excess surface oil. Also works to remove dead skin cells from your face. Leaves your face refreshed, refined and super-clean." I don't know about reducing surface toxins, but I do think this scrub certainly works to remove dead skin cells, which could help reduce blemishes. I really enjoyed how soft this scrub was, and I'd recommend it to a man or woman looking for a scrub that isn't too harsh on their skin. While I prefer more abrasive action in a scrub, I definitely think this is a quality product, though it's a slight bit pricy at US$17 for 3.4 oz. / 100 ml. Stop by an Ulta or Sephora to check it out, and you could even get a small sample of it from Sephora. I think it's definitely worth trying even if you think you wouldn't benefit from a soft scrub. It's just so nice to use!

Ingredients (from Sephora's website): Aloe Vera, Carbomer, Cocamide DEA, Diatomaceous Earth, Diazolidinyl Urea, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Polysorbate, Propylene, Propylparaben, Sage, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Triethanolamine, Water.

I tried this from a sample but this is a very nice scrub. Wasn't too harsh and didn't break me out at all and I have very sensitive skin. It feels nice and the scent is nice too. Highly Recommend it.

on 12/7/2003 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is great for a sensitive and oily and acne prone skin like me. The beads are too small to see. Smells light . Not so expensive. So effective. No irritation. No reason to dislike this. I used a sample. I'll buy this.

on 5/21/2003 5:41:00 PM

ow! this scrub hurts my face! i guess i just have very sensitive skin since everyone else thinks its gentle. i got out of the shower after using it and my face was all red and irritated :(

on 3/31/2003 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yes, this is supposed to be for men and the scent is unmistakably for men to use, but man, this stuff is awesome! Had a NARS makeover by a national artist recently and he commented on the smoothness of my skin, thanks to this scrub. $14.50 buys you a 3.4 oz tube that I keep in my shower and use once or twice a week. I have oily skin that definitely needs exfoliation at least once a week, and this does not make my skin irritated. (I'm quite sensitive to scrubs). And it's gentle, not jagged harsh scrub particles. A little is all you need though - too much may overexfoliate your skin. Love it!