4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I've been buying this off and on for many, many years. There was a time when it was more difficult to find at my local Target and Walgreens, so I switched around a bit. But now, I see more of it stocked on the shelves, so I'm back to using it. The price can't be beat (its around $3 a bar) and it provides a good lather and safe, irritant-free cleansing for my dry, sensitive skin. My skin feels only slightly tight after use -- but not too tight -- just clean. I apply moisturization right away after cleansing with any product. <br> This soap thoroughly takes off all traces of face makeup, but doesn't fully perform on my waterproof mascaras. You may want to use an eye-makeup remover if you have some strong waterproof formulas. <br> I love how natural this feels and smells -- kind of a very light, sheer cocoa smell, if its even disernable at all. It provides slight exfoliation, however I would still recommend another type of exfoliant or bi-weekly use of a clean washcloth, as for me, this product doesn't provide quite enough exfoliation. This has never irritated or stung my eyes as other facial cleansers do. I can actually open my eyes while washing my face and eyes if I need to, and absolutely no stinging. Because of this, I recommended this product for my daughter who is going on 11 as she often complains about washing her face thorougly with other products -- even baby soaps -- because of eye irritation and stinging. She hasn't complained once when using this, and as a bonus, she is doing a much more thorough job cleaning her face with this product. Make sure you have a drainage system in your soap container or soap dish -- it can get a little gooey on the bottom if its not allowed to dry out between uses.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

10 years ago

I love this bar. It is a little drying, but I've never found a cleanser that isn't at least a little drying. I solve the problem by patting olive oil on my face before cleansing. Although I was using an Olay Regenerist scrub with salicylic acid, I wanted to try a leave-on treatment (like Neutrogena 3-in-1), so I picked this up as a more bland replacement. It smells a little strange at first, but I've grown to like it. Other reviewers are correct that it doesn't really lather per se, but ends up in your hands as a creamy cleanser. This bar actually calms my facial redness quite immediately. Love it and will re-purchase.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

10 years ago

I've been using this for awhile now, I'm about to go onto my third bar. This is great for the face and body. Don't expect a lather, more lather does NOT mean it cleans better. This baby doesn't dry out my dry skin, doesn't make it feel tight. No breakouts, no flare-ups. I can use this from head to toe! Doesn't entirely moisturize, but brings my face to a normal state rather than dry. It's like $2-3/bar, you just can't go wrong with this product.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairOther, Other, Medium

EyesOther

10 years ago

This is the best facial bar I have EVER used. I picked one of these up about a month ago, and I'm only about halfway through the bar. Removes all my makeup, even heavy mascara, and my face doesn't feel tight and stripped of moisture when I get out of the shower. Smells kinda strange, but the end result is fantastic!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

10 years ago

As a teenager, I could use this on my face. This kept it clear and balanced. Different story now since I developed rosacea and really dry skin. I can't use this on my face anymore, but it's excellent for my body. Gets me all over clean but is not drying and doesn't leave a film. This bar is closer to natural than many of their other products. This does melt easily so you'd want to keep it dry when not using it. Bottom line: It's a little pricey for a drug store bar but I believe it's far better for your skin than many on the shelf with it.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3.0

10 years ago

Waaaay too drying for me! it's not moisturizing at all - the name is deceptive, at least for my skin in the winter months! I do love the natural earthy smell and the texture though - it really is made of mostly oatmeal. you'd think it would be soothing on the face, but not at all for me.

About reviewer (341 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

1.0

10 years ago

I WISH I could say that I love this product because of all the rave reviews it's beem getting from MUA, but I really don't think this is the right product for my skin. For reference, right now (in the winter where I live), I have normal skin on my T-zone and dry skin on my cheeks. First of all, the price. I only found this product at Shoppers (I live in Canada), so for people who need this product and don't live near one, I'm not sure how you's be able to get ahold of it. It retailed for about $7.00 CAD (2 lippies for price). Second of all, packaging. The product came in a recycled(?) paper box, individually wrapped with plastic. It's very minimalistic packaging, so I guess it's good for the environment because the only thing you would have to throw away would be the plastic inner wrapper (the box you can probably recycle). I would have preferred it if they could have made a box that came with a drainer (to let my bar dry between uses), but I store the bar in a little dish for the moment (3 lippies for packaging). The first time that I used it, I thought it was a no-frills bar - it exfoliated just a tiny bit (probably because of the ground oats it contains) and cleaned pretty well. It has kind of a funny smell to it - it smells "healthy" and "made from all-natural ingredients" if you ask me. However, even thought this bar says that it's for dry skin and that it's moisturizing, I thought that it dried out my skin A LOT. It would have to put a pretty heavy moisturizer on top just for my skin not to end up flaking on the cheeks. I also thought that it really helped to brighten my skin out - I didn't have any problems with dark skin anymore. However, I found that it left little white bumps on my cheeks - not a good sign...My mom pointed it out too, and she's always the first person to tell me if one of my new experimental skin products isn't working. This also helped to get rid of some of the redness that it have across my nose and cheeks. Thumbs up for that! Overall, I think this product would be great for people with oily, sensitive skin and a little bit of redness on their complexions. I wouldn't recommend it for people who have dry skin though, because this will further dry you out. I might repurchase this (for my dad, he has EXTREMELY oily skin, maybe he'll test it out and it'll work for him?) but not for myself. Overall rating? 3/5

About reviewer (21 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

10 years ago

I use only this AM and PM, with no toner or moisturizer. I use a small natural face loofah in the morning with this to remove dead skin cells. It's gently and non-drying, doesn't leave my skin with dry flakes. It's not exactly moisturizing, either.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

10 years ago

Of all the cleansing bars I've tried, this is my favorite. It truly is gentle and doesn't dry my face out. I tried this years ago and remember it didn't lather very well, but Aveeno must have reformulated it because now it lathers nicely. My skin feels smooth after I use it. I like the fragrance because it smells like plain oatmeal, which means there are no added fragrances ( I wish they wouldn't add fragrances to their moisturizers either). And it costs less than $3 at Target or WalMart. A bargain and much better for the skin than high-priced department store soaps. Everyone should try this. UPDATE: I've bought a Clarisonic since I first reviewed this moisturizing bar and this bar works very well with the Clarisonic. I make a lather between my hands and apply it to my face as if I was going to wash my face with my hands. Then I rub the brush of the Clarisonic on the bar of soap to get some of the soap onto the brush. I use the soapy Clarisonic on my soapy face and I get an excellent exfoliation, but my skin doesn't feel tight or dry because the Moisturizing Bar truly doesn't dry out my face.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

from

11 years ago

This is the smartest purchase I have ever done. My skin is combination and extra sensitive. It's also red, itchy and feel tight due to my acne-spot treatment. Aveeno Moisturizing Bar leaving my face super smooth, and hydrated. My skin has the most healthy glow I have ever seen. Yes, it doesn't lather well and has a slight oat-y scent, but at 3.49, Aveeno Moisturizing is definitely a steal! Edit: Not so moisturizing in winter. I think this is perfect for summer when my skin is more oily.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24