4.1

price range

Reviews

2.0

9 years ago

I generally like Aveeno products, but this stuff killed my super dry skin. I bought it to use on a trip so I wouldn't have to worry about my cream cleanser spilling in my luggage, but after two days of using it, my skin was flaking and irritated. Maybe it's just my skin being picky, but I wouldn't recommend for those with *extremely* dry, eczema prone skin. It's probably best for those with normal skin or combo skin.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlack

3.0

9 years ago

I bought this bar yesterday when I ran out of my CeraVe hydrating cleanser. I have been having some skin issues (dry, flaky, rough, hot skin) and have been seeing a dermatologist to try to figure out what is wrong. I did not want to re-purchase an entire new bottle of CeraVe if she was just going to tell me to buy something else 3 weeks from now so I bought this bar because it was cheap and said it was for dry skin. The bar really does make your face feel squeaky clean and soft after use but I still think it is too drying for me. I used the cleasner 4 hours ago and my skin is still very tight and I also feel my skin is "burning" and feels more "hot" that when I just use the CeraVe. I think I will just stick to my CeraVe. This bar strips too much of my much needed natural oils.

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I really think this is on the way to becoming my HG! :) I've been using for a few weeks now (I had used Dove Pink Bar previously), and I am seeing such an improvement! I trust the Aveeno brand, as I have used their products for years. Very calming, cleansing, no tightness. My cream colored skin with a pink flush is finally returning! :) With the low price and good-for-you ingredients, I say give it a try! :) Just lovely.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I stumbled upon this product and saw it was on sale for about 2 dollars. And because I have read the great reviews on it previously, I bought it. And I'm so glad I have because I found my ideal daily cleanser! This bar isn't overly moisturizing and the ingredients are friendly to my sensitive skin. I love how oat is the first ingredient (also the most) listed which will help reduce redness. In addition, the price is dirt cheap but in a good way. I have a feeling I won't be moving onto a different cleanser any time soon.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

9 years ago

Ladies, this is one of my favorite products to use on a daily basis. The price is student friendly (around 3-4 dollars @ Walmart or Target), the ingredients in the product are simple and straightforward (the fewer amount of chemicals, the better) and most of all, it works beautifully. I'm in my early twenties and I've suffered from acne since I was in elementary school! I've tried every product ever made that I can afford and really, none of them have helped as much as this bar. One of the main reasons your skin breaks out is because, when you use products that dry your skin out (ones that contain salicylic acid or BP) oftentimes they are too harsh on your skin. As a result, your skin will produce MORE oil and thus more acne. This product cleans and moisturizes your skin and makes it feel soft and silky. It does not remove your makeup, so I suggest a product like Pond's cold cream to do the trick before you wash your face with this bar. If you have sensitive skin and are looking for a great product, try this one out!

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

As I'm now nearing 30, using my usual acne based cleansers weren't cutting it. Most of my life I've always had acne prone skin but recently it changed to sensitive. All of my acne products that have kept my skin clear for years started to irritate my skin, I mean my cheeks were red and I started to get small groups of pimples on them. I just decided to take a chance and completely switch my routine of products. I saw this soap in the store and saw how basic the ingredients were and gave it shot since it was only $2.50. I can say within 2 days of using it day and night, the redness in my cheeks went away and so did the small pimples. Twice last week I was visiting my mom and just grabbed my old acne cleanser to take with me to use at her house at night and sure enough the irritation came back. Now I have went out and bought another bar so I have one to travel with. It amazes me how a simple product like this saved my poor face.

About reviewer (117 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I have combination acne prone skin. Other acne related face washes dry my skin out like no other, even when they say they don't dry out. This product removes make-up (when lathered well) doesn't over dry, leaves my skin soft, and doesn't cause me to break out. Occasionally it can be slightly drying, but after moisturizing this is non-existent. I would definitely purchase this again, especially since it's dirt cheap.

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I have been searching for a cleanser to use with my clarisonic that wouldn't irritate my sensitive skin or break the bank. This soap works fantastic with the clarisonic, and on its own. My skin is left feeling soft and smooth, and I love that this is fragrance free. My acne is clearing up and I highly recommend!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesHazel

1.0

9 years ago

Compared to other products that wash the body, I felt like I expected so much more because this product had the Aveeno brand name stuck to it. If I were just handed this bar and was not told the brand, I'd have to say it sucks. It didn't moisturize and was like using any old bar of soap. I guess over all that I just expected more from something coming from Aveeno.

About reviewer (739 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

9 years ago

This little bar of oatmeal soap has SAVED my skin! I don't really know what prompted me to buy it in the beginning, because it is cheap and does not look impressive---but it is fabulous! Before I started using this soap, I struggled with face washes and cleansers for a long time. I have never had horrible acne, but did get consistent breakouts usually in the chin area. I always assumed that my skin was oily and acne prone, so I used products for that skin type for years. The name on the package says "MOISTURIZING BAR" so I kind of thought it might make me break out even worse when I first used it, but that wasn't the case. I have always had sensitive and easily irritated skin, and my mother used to use the Aveeno oatmeal bath soak for me as a child and it always worked wonders so I just on impulse thought I would give this bar a try. Almost immediately my skin improved (within about 3 to 5 days) and I was pretty amazed. I have been using this as my facial cleanser for about 8 months now and my skin has never looked this good or stayed so consistently clear. One bar typically lasts me about 2 months. My only complaint is that it is a little messy to travel with because the bar gets a bit mushy.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool